JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ive got carpet installers coming tomorrow to to the upstairs of the Palais de Wired. and floor refinishers doing the downstairs. Had my wife help me move a few guns between safes downstairs to up as I was cleaning the shop and don't really like to keep a few that rust when you look at them funny in that safe. The South Carolina humidity is brutal to the unclimatized and to weak blued finishes. HK mags rust when you look at them sideways.

So anyway the wife is dragging an AK up the stairs asking "why do you need so many guns? " not in the actually wanting an honest answer sort of way but more in the naggy sort of stop spending money on crap sort of way.

My only answer was...

What if I need to equip a platoon?

Keep it going...

orange.jpg

My answer would depend on who is asking and their context.

Most often this question is asked by those who do not own firearms , in the best case , and don't like firearms in the worst case.
So depending on the time , place and if the person asking is willing to listen to a different view...
I may try to give a honest , non-confrontation answer.

My smartazz self might answer :

"So many ? You actually think that this is so many...?"

Again if the time , place and audience is appropriate.
Andy

Well I have about 8 different coats I wear and about 6 different pairs of boots. All for different situations.
Hunting warm, hunting cold, hunting/yard snow, logging, yard work, light hiking, waterproof fishing.

My wife has multiple colors of the EXACT stuff. Tell me who makes sense.

I don't really have too many guns but guns are like movies, I don't watch the same movie all the time to be entertained nor do I shoot the same gun all the time to enjoy shooting.

Nor do I golf with one club...what a dumb question... :s0140:

Last Edited:
"I don't know" has sufficed.

.....Decided about four years ago the how many "shoes" or "sweaters" or "hair products" wasn't a great answer.

My buddy and his wife were over last weekend and the gals straight up said, the nice thing about guns is they 'increase' in value. Buddy and I looked at each other knowingly with a smile….

My buddy and his wife were over last weekend and the gals straight up said, the nice thing about guns is they 'increase' in value. Buddy and I looked at each other knowingly with a smile….
Since the rona many more increased in value than they did before. At least in my safe. And AMMO!? Shut the front door!

Slightly different question I was asked by a friend of my wife's "Why do you have so much ammo?"

I answered "The same reason you and the wife buy bales of toilet paper at Costco."

-E-

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top