JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Slightly different question I was asked by a friend of my wife's "Why do you have so much ammo?"

I answered "The same reason you and the wife buy bales of toilet paper at Costco."

-E-
LOL

Dang!

I just choked on my coffee laughing here.

I hope that they ROTATE toilet paper and store it properly like you do fresh, stored and frozen food, extra potable water to have on hand, ammo, reloading supplies, etc.!

Cate

I think that's the case with many of us. Then days, or weeks, or months go by, then something triggers the urge again.
Tell me about it. I find myself looking at 1911s for nostalgia, lately.

No easy answer. I love mechanical things so I like working on guns. I get in moods where I want to shoot old West guns, then a week later modern military guns. Pistols, rifles, shotguns, not to mention reloading for them all. Yes, I have guns I've never fired...that should be the real question, not that I've got so many.

Let me add that I'm a light weight as an owner compared to most of you!

"Oh that? Yeah... I'll be through with that (buying guns) pretty soon".

Or...

"I don't. But I'll keep working on it... because l LOOOOOVE you."

Or...

"Ooooo... that reminds me... l need to get a *next gun*. Thanks, Honey!"

Or you can play it straight and explain why it's similar to the need to have 7 or 8 different 1/2" wrenches...
"I've got open end, box end, flare wrenches, deep sockets in 1/4, 3/8, and 1/2 drive, shallow sockets in 1/4, 3//8, 1/2 drive, ratcheting box end, ratcheting open end, stubby handled, that one l bent to loosen/tighten the distributor hold-down on a small block Mopar, the other one l bent to reach a Chevy fan clutch.... hey, where you goin?"

Last Edited:
My wife's new hobby is resin artwork. She's actually quite good and turning it into a small side hustle…

That being said, she's still far under water on the project. So when she's got the 5th new mold being delivered and it's only Wednesday, I'll glance at her and she'll usually say something like, "I won't ask about the guns, leave my molds alone."

This happens weekly…and now I'm building a new carry gun, so yay!

Why do I have so many guns? :s0092: (My serious answer):cool:

I don't know. It just kind of happened. Some are for hunting. Some are for, "Just in case". Others are projects that looked like they would be of interest. :)

My wife's new hobby is resin artwork. She's actually quite good and turning it into a small side hustle…
Mine jumped into this resin thing earlier this year. I don't give her any static about it and she says nothing about my guns. She enjoys it... the experimenting and learning curve keeps her occupied while she can't work.

She's also been pretty mute about an 85 F150 I'm going to look at today and possibly buy/drag home. Now THAT makes me wonder what she's got up her sleeve.

Girlfriend, why so many guns?
me, why so many shoes
girlfriend, you can only shoot one at a time
me, you can only wear one pair at a time

Girlfriend: "I've got practical running shoes and sexy heels, among all the others"

Gun guy: "here, tuck this G43 into your waistband. See, you have a practical gun."

Gun guy: "now take this AR into the closet and come out wearing just the gun. See, you have a sexy gun."

The few times in my life I have ever encountered the question of 'need' (with guns) - I have simply answered by asking the person to replace 'need' with 'want'. I have found it is much easier to rationalize it, and for them to understand as 'need' can be applied to a variety of items people own as well when the distinction is made and the person asking the question understands this.

The problem is far too many use the word 'need' unfairly, and apply it as 'criticism' instead of its basic definition of 'requiring' something as a necessity.

The few times in my life I have ever encountered the question of 'need' (with guns) - I have simply answered by asking the person to replace 'need' with 'want'. I have found it is much easier to rationalize it, and for them to understand as 'need' can be applied to a variety of items people own as well when the distinction is made and the person asking the question understands this.

The problem is far too many use the word 'need' unfairly, and apply it as 'criticism' instead of its basic definition of 'requiring' something as a necessity.
yup, its a strawman fallacy to ask why anyone "needs" something. If its an anti-gun person just ask them what their hobbies are and then ask them why dont they spend all that money and give back to social programs so others can live better...

Technically with guns self defense is a basic need in nature, food gathering is another... so now thats two guns. See what I did there :p

Well I have about 8 different coats I wear and about 6 different pairs of boots. All for different situations.
Hunting warm, hunting cold, hunting/yard snow, logging, yard work, light hiking, waterproof fishing.

My wife has multiple colors of the EXACT stuff. Tell me who makes sense.
Your wife has class. She knows what fits ,and that is evidence of a civilized demeanor.
Good for you, man. She's a keeper.

i get a great deal of enjoyment from firearms. I enjoy reloading for them, I enjoy handling a nice firearm, I enjoy hunting with them and of course shooting them. I consider it an education. Someday they may become my wifes as I will have moved on and it will be worth a bit of money to her. I have been fortunate this year and have indulged my hobby. I sm on the hunt for the best bolt action rifle under a couple of grand and have yet to find it. I hope I never do.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews