JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I see a lot of ads for guns I would be very interested in buying that have something akin to "no sale to WA residents" or "no WA sales"... I don't get it. If we are willing to pay for shipping, its REALLY easy to ship a gun to an FFL...

Hell, there have been plenty as of late in Portland area. Many of them, I would have driven to Portland to look over the firearm, hand over cash and then have the gun shipped to my local FFL.

I guess, because I just don't understand any reasoning behind it. Selling guns to folks in other states is completely legal, especially when the gun is sent to an FFL in buyers home state for BGC. Is extremely frustrating part of being on a forum that is made up of folks in multiple states.

Ultimately, I'm just jealous of the great buys on guns I'd love to add to my collection, not being available to folks out of state. LOL.

I see a lot of ads for guns I would be very interested in buying that have something akin to "no sale to WA residents" or "no WA sales"... I don't get it. If we are willing to pay for shipping, its REALLY easy to ship a gun to an FFL...

Hell, there have been plenty as of late in Portland area. Many of them, I would have driven to Portland to look over the firearm, hand over cash and then have the gun shipped to my local FFL.
In the Portland, Vancouver, area,it is nearly impossible to find a dealer that will ship a firearm they did not sell.
The government has made a major cluster out of firearms transactions, I fear it is FUBAR.
I cannot transfer a 10-22 to an Oregon resident at my Wa FFL because it is considered an "assault weapon".
😳😳😳😳

There is no legal requirement for an FFL to ship a firearm to another FFL. There are FFL's that won't accept a gun shipped from a private party, but that's a company policy, not legal requirement. I only deal with FFLs that will accept private party shipments.

The legal requirements are that handguns must be shipped 2-day air (or less) and that long guns may go ground.

Last Edited:
Doesn't matter, the legal requisites. Some folks just don't believe they can jump the hurdles, even though the hurdles are few to none. We can't convince them otherwise, so I don't even try. When they say they wont ship, I go to the next ad.

I don't want to ship because I don't want to deal with it. And the few times I was willing to, the prospective buyer balked at the price to ship which was my cost to the penny. Not worth the hassle, end of story.

How many times on how many forums has this question been answered? :s0013:
It's a moving target as time goes on, so I don't mind a refresh.
Not too long ago, as a WA resident I could buy any long gun in OR and carry it back home.
Now, it can't be a semi-automatic long gun.
So, with the changing rules, it's OK to re-start the subject.

I can't speak for everyone, only myself. It's just too much hassle, too many fingers in the pie. Too many ways and places for things to go FUBAR. I know on paper it should be just that easy but it never is. Ask yourself how much effort does the seller have to put in to sell you their gun. Whining and stomping you feet on this forum that I(we) won't do things your way kind of makes it less deirable to even concider the dealings for me. But I'm not looking for the "deal" I'm looking for a new or at least new to me firearm. So I just shop or order from my local little gun dealer and when I get it I get it. With no fuss or hassle other than the "instant" background check.

Not worth the headache. If it's close to the border I'll drive it to you. But I'm not shipping a registered firearm.

People can be so petty it's not worth my time.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top