JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
@Juhosaphat
In regards to post count....
Speaking only for myself here....
I prefer quality postings over quantity postings.

Ummm...if I wanted to actually talk to you or about you....
I would contact you directly like I did above with a @Juhosaphat , quote you or send a PM.

My post which you quoted...was a simple reminder to all here in this thread.

Andy
My apologies as you used terms that had been pointed toward me by other people, so I just assumed.

Quality over quantity for sure. As I mentioned in a previous reply, I had a scammer recently who had made posts to get their post count up. Even a post in the 'Welcome' section. They're getting pretty good these days.

My apologies as you used terms that had been pointed toward me by other people, so I just assumed.

Quality over quantity for sure. As I mentioned in a previous reply, I had a scammer recently who had made posts to get their post count up. Even a post in the 'Welcome' section. They're getting pretty good these days.
No worries..and thank you.

As far as scammers go....
Yep...see a a lot here from time to time.
Luckily we have a decent feedback system....and posts / threads / classifieds etc...that are reported get looked into.
So scammers are dealt with in timely manner ( usually ).
Andy

I'm sure you are joking but people are so paranoid. Just live life and be an ACTUAL 2A member.

Because someone chooses not to ship something doesn't make them a non-2A community member.

It's just them being them. Living their life, not yours.

Me? I won't ship anything. I don't need to explain why.

I certainly don't need an explanation from anyone who makes the same decision either...

It is a legitimate question the OP has. We could ask the same of sellers that refuse to sell to Oregon.

There is many reason people don't want to ship.

Time - waiting for payment, going to a bank to deposit a check and then having to make a trip to the PO. Taking Zelle and Avery shipping labels much simplifies this but many people don't do regular online sales.

Money - if a item will sell for an amount plus shipping, a local buyer may pay that total cost.

Guarantee - if a buyer sees it in person there is no returns. If you ship, both the buyer and seller lose if there is a return.

Maximizing selling price - If you are willing to ship, this forum is a poor platform to sell from. Collector and highly sought items don't sell well here. Common stuff seems to sell for the same or less than auctions.

Because someone chooses not to ship something doesn't make them a non-2A community member.

It's just them being them. Living their life, not yours.

Me? I won't ship anything. I don't need to explain why.

I certainly don't need an explanation from anyone who makes the same decision either...
I was talking on the people who follow the laws that are not… laws 😂😂😂. People hear the wordbox talk and go… obey, obey, obey…

There's pm and text for a reason but people still seem to whaaaa

I really can't make this any simpler for you:

1. Members must comply with local, state, and federal laws
It is the responsibility of all members to comply with local, state, and federal laws at all times.

We don't like it any more than you do, but facilitating illegal activity is a great way to get us shut down. Unfortunately, we also have to err on the side of caution when it comes to legal gray areas.

It is a legitimate question the OP has. We could ask the same of sellers that refuse to sell to Oregon.

There is many reason people don't want to ship.

Time - waiting for payment, going to a bank to deposit a check and then having to make a trip to the PO. Taking Zelle and Avery shipping labels much simplifies this but many people don't do regular online sales.

Money - if a item will sell for an amount plus shipping, a local buyer may pay that total cost.

Guarantee - if a buyer sees it in person there is no returns. If you ship, both the buyer and seller lose if there is a return.

Maximizing selling price - If you are willing to ship, this forum is a poor platform to sell from. Collector and highly sought items don't sell well here. Common stuff seems to sell for the same or less than auctions.
It was unfair of me to assume people are setup like I am before asking my original question, but I was still genuinely curious as to why it seemed so many people didn't want to ship.

I use Zelle, Cashapp, Venmo, Paypal...I have a Pirate Ship account setup. I hang on to old Amazon boxes. So I have everything at home that I need to package and ship items. I simply just have to walk in and drop it on the counter and walk back out, even at USPS. I had to start using payment apps when I ran my mobile mechanic business, otherwise the amount of business I did would've been cut in half or more. I could take cards but the fees were ridiculous for the small volume I did.

Yes returns when selling privately hurt everybody. That's why I typically only ship or ask to ship items that can be represented well with pictures. That way there's not a ton or guess work involved. Simply add the shipping cost to the total and be on with your day.

I pay for shipping pretty often. Not only the gas cost being greater than shipping cost, but also the time to actually get there is a factor. Especially for smaller items. If it's a firearm, I'll try and meet atleast halfway. Maybe further if it's something I really want.

Please point to where I called you a name? Also, where did I say that every single Oregon resident is unwilling to ship? I did mention that I see a lot of Oregon residents unwilling to ship, but not once did I 'paint everyone in the State of Oregon with a very broad brush' like you say.
I think it might be your usage of the term "lazy" in your original post. Now, granted, you didn't actually call anyone lazy. But, that's like saying: "Are you just stupid?" and then claiming you didn't actually call someone stupid.

As for me, I've had a couple of sellers in Idaho ship me some brass. I was a newer member at the time, so I sent them cash in a card, then they sent the goods. No problems whatsoever. But they were fairly small dollar amounts, so I wasn't worried about it. I've shipped a couple of items on Craigslist deals, but it is definitely more of a hassle. I usually start my ads as "no shipping" but may be talked into it if my item doesn't sell.

Last Edited:
I really can't make this any simpler for you:

1. Members must comply with local, state, and federal laws
It is the responsibility of all members to comply with local, state, and federal laws at all times.

We don't like it any more than you do, but facilitating illegal activity is a great way to get us shut down. Unfortunately, we also have to err on the side of caution when it comes to legal gray areas.
This I fully understand. Especially when shipping items across state lines. Which is why I was more specific with my question being about non-banned or legal items.

Even a lot of big websites won't ship items to Washington at this point regardless of the legality of it since they can't fully understand these ambiguous bs laws either. It's easier for them to just not sell to an entire state than try and pick and choose items that may or may not be legal based on their legal teams interpretation of our laws.

I've been at this horse trading game a long time. And I've shipped enough items I should own shares of the Post Office, UPS, and FedEx. I am not opposed to shipping.

But I've learned, shipping an item sometimes just will not pencil out for either the seller or the buyer. And knowing that up front, sometimes it's wise to just say I wont ship it. Or I could say add 20 bucks for a 30 dollar item and see just how fast you slam the internet connection on me.

Instead of coming along, and dissing all of us, maybe understand that life is not always simple or cut and dried.

And you folks have installed an anti 2A government. We don't always know what we can ship, and we don't know how we're gonna handle the transaction if the background check is denied or indefinitely postponed.

Posting no shipping, also helps me to weed out the flakes and the scammers, which on this site are abundant. Once I actually have meaningful, gentlemanly dialogue with a buyer, I might easily change my mind and actually offer shipping.

Bottom line___________________________________________________________
If someone is unwilling to ship, I just let it go. It's not worth 4+ pages of hard feelings and name calling.

Last Edited:
This I fully understand. Especially when shipping items across state lines. Which is why I was more specific with my question being about non-banned or legal items.

Even a lot of big websites won't ship items to Washington at this point regardless of the legality of it since they can't fully understand these ambiguous bs laws either. It's easier for them to just not sell to an entire state than try and pick and choose items that may or may not be legal based on their legal teams interpretation of our laws.

YOU understand, which is appreciated.

The member I was replying to doesn't, which is problematic.

I've been at this horse trading game a long time. And I've shipped enough items I should own shares of the Post Office, UPS, and FedEx.

And I've learned, shipping an item sometimes just will not pencil out for either the seller or the buyer. And knowing that up front, sometimes it's wise to just say I wont ship it. Or I could say add 20 bucks for a 30 dollar item and see just how fast you slam the internet connection on me.

Instead of coming along, and dissing all of us, maybe understand that life is not always simple or cut and dried.

And you folks have installed an anti 2A government. We don't always know what we can ship, and we don't know how we're gonna handle the transaction once the background check is denied.

Posting no shipping, also helps me to weed out the flakes and the scammers, which on this site are abundant. Once I actually have meaningful, gentlemanly dialogue with a buyer, I might easily change my mind about not shipping.
Unfortunately (or fortunately) I am not one of the 'folks' you speak of. Although I fully understand your meaning. Things used to be so much better up here before a bunch of transplants showed up and then Inslee and Ferguson made it their life's purpose to strip our rights while giving more to homeless and squatters.

I can't speak for everybody, but I wouldn't expect or ask anybody to ship illegal items across state lines. Not living here makes it much more difficult for out of state sellers, so I understand that aspect of it.
I mean, no, it's just like the guy that wondered why more people don't have Steyr rifles. It's just really shocking to discover there are folks on here wealthy enough to afford printer ink! :eek:
Yeah right. I've been printing in black and white for a few years now 🤣

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads