JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Look at the original sign up date. People are stingy with feedback too apparently since I've done 2 or 3 deals in the last week or two and nobody has given me feedback back.

Please point to where I called you a name? Also, where did I say that every single Oregon resident is unwilling to ship? I did mention that I see a lot of Oregon residents unwilling to ship, but not once did I 'paint everyone in the State of Oregon with a very broad brush' like you say.

Shipping for business is also a lot different than shipping to and from a private party. What's your website? Maybe I'll grab some ammo from you.

What does that have to do with anything? I don't post telling people I sent them a PM when trying to arrange a deal. I also admitted that I hadn't been very active until recently.

Hell, I recently had an account with multiple posts in non-sale related threads reach out to try and sell me a PRS. Was quite obviously a scammer once I saw the robotic dialogue and photoshopped pictures. That account had been around for a few years as well. So my apologies that I wasn't aware post count makes you a real human or somebody that's good to deal with.
The feedback system here is a huge deal to some, but I'm currently right around %50 using it vs. skipping that part. My rule of thumb is that the other party decides whether feedback is exchanged. Another wrinkle is that after a couple deals, some sellers/buyers/traders don't necessarily go through the classifieds at all.

I ship stuff all the time to folks on other forums, including very high-end guns. No problem.
This is my experience too.

For some reason, whenever someone asks the same question about shipping as OP did, the torches and pitchforks come out. Many of the responses are not simply "I choose not to" but rather offended, angry, sky-is-falling, rants.

Some of it may be part of the overall trend on internet forums to dump on everything. Look at Andy's archery thread. People even ruined that positive, innocent, post within a day.

Some people may have minimal experience in the electronic commerce world and don't have a balanced view of risks versus successful practices. If they enjoy their own practices, more power to them.

The fear of scammers does seem to be excessive. I won't send Zelle to a seller with one feedback three years ago, even for a $5 bicycle part. I've sent hundreds through electronic means to sellers with much recent feedback or who I've met in person.

Others may not have any motivation to ship, even with Postal money orders received through the mail. Even if they can drop off the package without leaving their car. That's their preference, and if it suits their style then more power to them.

I just don't understand why every post mentioning shipping gets an angry response.

Are Oregoner's just lazy?
No. There is way too much risk and little to no upside.

Flaky People - You ship something off and the buyer has a change of heart mid shipment and then backs out. And now your stuff is sitting in a completely different state and somebody is going to have to pay to get is shipped back. Who will that person be?

Buyer can't pass his background check on the other end...and now your stuff is sitting in another state and SOMEBODY has to pay to ship it back.

Buyer claims you lied and didn't disclose that tiny little mark on the slide and will not accept delivery. And now your stuff is sitting in another state and SOMEBODY has to pay to ship it back

Don't even get me started on having to make absolutely sure their payment method is valid before you ship the item off.

Etc.

Tell me...if you're the seller, why on earth would you endure all this? Or at the very least, why would you endure this before you see if you can find a buyer locally to do a face to face transfer? What is the advantage to the seller to mess with shipping?

Flaky People - You ship something off and the buyer has a change of heart mid shipment and then backs out. And now your stuff is sitting in a completely different state and somebody is going to have to pay to get is shipped back. Who will that person be?

Buyer can't pass his background check on the other end...and now your stuff is sitting in another state and SOMEBODY has to pay to ship it back.

Buyer claims you lied and didn't disclose that tiny little mark on the slide and will not accept delivery. And now your stuff is sitting in another state and SOMEBODY has to pay to ship it back

Don't even get me started on having to make absolutely sure their payment method is valid before you ship the item off.

Etc.

Tell me...if you're the seller, why on earth would you endure all this? Or at the very least, why would you endure this before you see if you can find a buyer locally to do a face to face transfer? What is the advantage to the seller to mess with shipping?
We can make up scenarios all day. At the end of the day though, in a world of scammers, it's our responsibility to do our due diligence on both ends of a deal.

Verifying payment is easier now more than ever with all the payment apps there are. Venmo, Cashapp, Zelle, PayPal, etc. Most apps also offer payment protection for a small fee if you're the buyer and the seller doesn't ship or the item isn't as described. The fact that people still mail checks or money orders blows my mind. That is 100% more risky than using a payment app, especially a personal check that has all of your account information on it.

To me, the upside is having that much larger of an audience for something you may be trying to sell. But like I've mentioned in previous comments, I'm setup to make things simple when it comes to shipping. Not everybody is. I didn't used to be so I used to hate shipping stuff too. Dealing with couriers can be obnoxious some times. Especially when there's no repercussions if they lose your item or damage it in transit.

Just another example why some like to stick with dealing face to face.

I bought two Glocks from a member yesterday (face to face) and it took less than 5 minutes to do the deal part.

Was just scammed by @jj229 on here.
Goes by "Joseph Masters"

This is why I'll no longer ship or receive from new members or those with low itrader ratings.

Dude took the money and ran,
Going on 2 weeks without communication.

Luckily I had it sent to a friends house while I'm out of town (didn't want things piled up in my own mail box) but as of yesterday still no package and still no update via text or PM.

Guy burned his bridge on here for $40. Wasn't really using his big thinking cap. HK and AK forum scammers at least do 5-10 positive deals before suckering people and scamming them.. once they burn that bridge that account is done and people simply become more jaded and anti "new member".

Sadly, I did have another member ship some Keymod rail covers and they legitimately never showed up. He was a solid guy and refunded the money. My deal being should they ever show up I'll immediately pay him.

Shipping has its pros and cons.. as of late I've had some bad experiences.
Sorry for what happen. I truly hope the other party will come to his senses.
I have no problem with selling and shipping whatever in the rules and regulations. I'd even take a check and up-prompting. As long as I already know and personally evaluated someone. Most of the people that I spoke to regularly are pretty straight up. A few members I met even just once too like a few listed below.
pewpewclint , 2112shooter , 3wayA .... and alot more. When you talk to these guys, there are no anomalies. That's what I can sense too like Mikej and a handful of regulars... They like jokes but when it comes to business they take care of things the right way. That I'm thoroughly on board with. But if there's someone I just met with a song and dance presentation... I don't know. I remember I posted something on craigslist with a local response. Upon meeting him in the first 5 minutes.. he said he wants to be my friend, how many guitars do I have at home, and he left his wallet close by but he thinks he has enough money to cover it....
The best thing I have done that day is not say anything, turned around and took off. God knows what happen next if I stuck around for another 5 minutes... :s0140:

Last Edited:

Etc.

I don't know about any of that? I guess I was just blessed with a properly functioning brain that allows me extra common sense. Yeah? Lucky me. I'm not really all that smart though. But I'll take my sense of reading people over that , if I can only have one of the two. Kind of sad for you though. Yeah?

Verifying payment is easier now more than ever with all the payment apps there are. Venmo, Cashapp, Zelle, PayPal, etc. Most apps also offer payment protection for a small fee if you're the buyer and the seller doesn't ship or the item isn't as described. The fact that people still mail checks or money orders blows my mind.
It shouldn't blow your mind. There are a lot of us old dinosaurs still roaming the earth. :s0140:

Drives some of my friends crazy sometimes. I placed second in a buddy's NCAA March Madness pool. He told me he would Venmo me my winnings, knowing full well I didn't have anything like that set up. I told him I paid my entry fee in cash and expected to be paid out in cash! :p

Tick Licker in Corvallis and I assume Salem will ship a handgun for $50 and a rifle for $75. They aren't getting rich doing this and it makes sense when gas is headed to $5 and immediate approval of a BGC is not a sure thing.

It shouldn't blow your mind. There are a lot of us old dinosaurs still roaming the earth. :s0140:

Drives some of my friends crazy sometimes. I placed second in a buddy's NCAA March Madness pool. He told me he would Venmo me my winnings, knowing full well I didn't have anything like that set up. I told him I paid my entry fee in cash and expected to be paid out in cash! :p
You and me both! I have even resisted "Tapping" my debit card. WTH? That's why you have a pin. Some dirt-bag gets your card somehow and goes "Tapping" all over town until YOU are empty/broke! Too much work for people to punch in four numbers? They seem to keep making it easier for us to get ripped off.
And no, I don't carry a cell phone either.

I actually do carry a cell phone. I just don't turn it on. It's there for my convenience, not for others to contact ME.
There ya' go. I'd actually though about that myself, just for that reason. Wifey has a decent android phone. She's come to be able to work it pretty well. Best part of her phone is, her being able to link it up in the new car with maps on the screen. Never thought I would be using something like that.

I first got a cell phone to check in once a day with my wife when I was off adventuring on a motorcycle. The deal was if she didn't hear from me for two days she would alert the State Police with my last known location. I'd let her know I was ok, and where I'd been for the day. It was easier to ride to the top of a hill to get service than it was to go to town with a roll of quarters and find a pay phone. Later on I was working in Coos Bay and she was here in Creswell so again the cell phone made since rather than paying for a phone in my apartment over there. Now days it's my point of contact for my business. My wife plays games and social media on her phone, not me it's just a phone with voice mail.

I don't have an actual rule against shipping but definitely lean very much against it, at least here in the classifieds.

In person transactions eliminate multiple risks:

1. A package being lost or stolen in transit.
2. A package being damaged in transit.
3. False claims by buyer that the package was lost, stolen, or damaged in transit.
4. Buyer disputing (in good faith or otherwise) that the item was not in the condition advertised.
5. Shipping cost sticker shock: tell the buyer $20 ought to cover it, find out that shipping insured for the full value, signature-required, etc costs like $45. Now you're out some money because it's in bad form to change the terms of the deal with the buyer once it's agreed upon.
6. It's a hassle, especially with guns but sometimes even ammo. Sometimes staff don't even know their own company policies or applicable laws, and will dispute as to what they can or can't do.
7. The hesitation to use the money you've just received until you're certain the buyer received the item and is satisfied with it (I've had an experience on a different platform where a buyer claimed, weeks after the tracking showed it was delivered, that they never got it).

That said I will ship when it's on a national (rather than regional) platform like eBay, but only when I'm selling something I'm exceedingly unlikely to find a local buyer (e.g. what are the odds someone on here happens to be looking for a set of Ballester Molina grips compared to nationally?)

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top