JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've been on this site for a while now, only really active again more recently and mostly buying/selling. I've noticed a lot of Oregon residents specifically, which makes up a large majority of the members here, are unwilling to ship items for some reason. I get it if it's something 'banned' here in Washington and you've got an out of state buyer trying to buy some standard capacity magazines or threaded barrels (which actually aren't illegal by themselves) or whatnot. But why not ship reloading dies or optics or other non-banned items? Are people just lazy?

With websites like Pirate Ship that even get you a discount on shipping and you can print all your own labels directly from home, all you have to do is package your item, tape it up with the label on it, and then drop it off at whatever courier service you so choose to use. Over on WAGuns, people are far more open to shipping items. Even when living only a few cities away from each other.

Are Oregoner's just lazy? I'm not sure if it's the same case if another Oregon resident asks for shipping or not. But I see a lot of listings that specify no shipping as well.

I've been on this site for a while now, only really active again more recently and mostly buying/selling. I've noticed a lot of Oregon residents specifically, which makes up a large majority of the members here, are unwilling to ship items for some reason. I get it if it's something 'banned' here in Washington and you've got an out of state buyer trying to buy some standard capacity magazines or threaded barrels (which actually aren't illegal by themselves) or whatnot. But why not ship reloading dies or optics or other non-banned items? Are people just lazy?

With websites like Pirate Ship that even get you a discount on shipping and you can print all your own labels directly from home, all you have to do is package your item, tape it up with the label on it, and then drop it off at whatever courier service you so choose to use. Over on WAGuns, people are far more open to shipping items. Even when living only a few cities away from each other.

Are Oregoner's just lazy? I'm not sure if it's the same case if another Oregon resident asks for shipping or not. But I see a lot of listings that specify no shipping as well.
Being in potland, where there's a huge population, finding a local buyer within the highly populated area around potland shipping isn't likely to be necessary. And time is money. Going to the post office sucks D**K. At least that's the way I see it. Maybe that makes me lazy? Sometimes I'd rather take a nice drive slightly OUT of potland for a meet-up too.

The last time I shipped something in a private party sale, the buyer claimed he never received the package. When I sent pics showing that it had been left on his porch, he claimed that it was damaged and demanded a full refund. I agreed, but only if he shipped it back to me 1st which he refused to do - he wanted a refund and to keep the item.

Shipping guns is an even bigger hassle. I'm selling a Lee-Enfield SMLE. Turns out shipping would be nearly half of my asking price.

Too much risk and not enough upside, so face-to-face sales only.

Too many variables. Seller receiving legitimate, non-reversible payment, dealing with shippers, can't ship handguns USPS, package loss, package theft, and shipping cost just to name a few.

What are trying to accomplish with this post? Shame us into doing it your way? Maybe you should just stick to wah wah guns. No-one has to sell you anything, if the deal can't be made then move on to the next one. Quit'cher'bubblegumen.

Shipping is a PITA for me...
Gotta find the time to do so....
Need to package the firearm carefully....
Lots of things are out of my control when shipping...
Price to ship....
Damage from poor handling....

In any event....
Driving a bit and getting a chance to meet a fellow NWFA member has far more appeal to me than the PITA of shipping.
Andy

Shipping is a pain in the butt. Besides that you can't depend on shipping companies. Fedex is the worst imo but I sent a gun ups and they dropped and broke it. It was 100% their fault. Had insurance but the big gun dealer it was shipped to said that ups denies any claim 100% of the time. He said the only way you would see a dime from them is to sue them. uPS insurance is meaningless and only a scam so they can tack on more fees to the shipment.

I don't mind shipping. Well, non serialized items anyway... Just depends who you're dealing with. I don't have the time to meet and greet on anyone else's schedule so currently shipping may even be preferable to me...

When there were more 'ethical' folks in attendance on sites and scammers were fewer, shipping WAS NOT an issue. However in today's climate it has become so. Having been a victim to both non-payment and no product, I prefer face to face, but that also lacks 100% satisfaction.

For sure any transaction done over the internet has risks...
So did answering a gun for sale ad in a newspaper classified back in the day.

One good thing about NWFA and the classifieds at least...
Is that you can read the feedback...and PM the other party...which can get you a sense of that person''s reliability.

As for shipping or not....do as you please as always.
Since I won't ship...I get that will limit sales or trades for me....
With that said...what I am selling or trading tends to limit sales/ trades in any case.
So for me at least...it ends up being a "So What"....what I have to sell or trade won't go bad sitting in my safe.... :D
Andy

Last Edited:
When there were more 'ethical' folks in attendance on sites and scammers were fewer, shipping WAS NOT an issue. However in today's climate it has become so. Having been a victim to both non-payment and no product, I prefer face to face, but that also lacks 100% satisfaction.
Shipping between members here is pretty easy because of the vetting process. The feedback scores, able to see join date and check the members posts. Getting burnt buy a thief here would be you're own fault, most likely. Bad seller's/buyer's don't last long here.

Was just scammed by @jj229 on here.
Goes by "Joseph Masters"

This is why I'll no longer ship or receive from new members or those with low itrader ratings.

Dude took the money and ran,
Going on 2 weeks without communication.

Luckily I had it sent to a friends house while I'm out of town (didn't want things piled up in my own mail box) but as of yesterday still no package and still no update via text or PM.

Guy burned his bridge on here for $40. Wasn't really using his big thinking cap. HK and AK forum scammers at least do 5-10 positive deals before suckering people and scamming them.. once they burn that bridge that account is done and people simply become more jaded and anti "new member".

Sadly, I did have another member ship some Keymod rail covers and they legitimately never showed up. He was a solid guy and refunded the money. My deal being should they ever show up I'll immediately pay him.

Shipping has its pros and cons.. as of late I've had some bad experiences.

What are trying to accomplish with this post? Shame us into doing it your way? Maybe you should just stick to wah wah guns. No-one has to sell you anything, if the deal can't be made then move on to the next one. Quit'cher'bubblegumen.
Im sorry a question apparently triggered you. You are correct, nobody has to sell me anything. So I do move on when they don't want to instead of trying to push them to ship something. Anybody that has had dialogue with me can attest to the same.

I was just curious why the majority of people down there seem to not want to ship. Most people are mentioning firearms which I also don't enjoy shipping. I was speaking more to smaller items such as die sets, optics, or other non-banned accessories. I had figured that people were just afraid to go against some BS law up here crossing state lines. It appears that some people have just had bad experiences or literally just don't want to deal with it.

I've seen posts up for days and days, weeks sometimes even. Getting bumped over and over again yet still not willing to ship. It just doesn't make sense to me but maybe I just enjoy helping people get things more than the next guy.

Attitudes like yours sure aren't helping the firearm community. But go ahead and keep bubblegumen. You seem to have bigger issues going on that I hope you can get resolved.

I'm confused as all get out by this; 16 posts and 1 feedback rating and you typed that?

I must be missing something!

Yep keep pointing your fingers at me and calling me names and you are right I'm not part of that woke gun community. You are painting everyone in the State of Oregon with a very broad brush and that is simply wrong every time you or anyone does that or anything like that. Maybe you should look in the mirror and see why whom-ever will not to sell to you. For me well, I own an ammunition company and sell and ship to anyone, anywhere legal all the time.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top