JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Why does everyone believe that? Grow up. No matter what, you aren't breaking any laws, and neither are we. No matter what you post or say. Sheeps are a dangerous thing to be.
You obviously can't tell sarcasm so, naturally just ASSume you know all! 🙄

There are no sheep in this flock I assure you! :s0155:

Good Morning All-

Being from way out of state- shipping is the only option for me, and has been on the buyer side only. I have yet to run into a flake here- great, like-minded people that I genuinely enjoy engaging in conversation with. There are much higher risks using the local classifieds (bismanonline.com) being the main limp noodle with buying and selling. No-shows, game players. And that exists only because the admins refuse to put a rating system in place (trust me, I have requested a change for years!).

Communication is key- mind your please and thank you that your parents hopefully taught you. The buyer isn't committed to ship to you (or me). Understand those boundaries and respect them.

But by and far- this is a great community with many, many bright minds and perspectives. Places like this really go against what the common perception is regarding the Pacific Northwest and I feel honored to be included among this group of people.

Zingger

If the transaction can be made reasonably close without a lot of mileage that's great. Sometimes it makes sense to ship verses spending $40.- $50. in fuel to meet. Shipping firearms, powder and primers is another story. I have shipped items through USPS using the flat rate shipping with great success. Small items can be shipped for $10.00. I appreciate members that will ship small items instead of an expensive drive and time involved. Never have had any problems with receiving payment for items shipped. I'm a member SASS single action shooting society and buy and sell off their classifieds. Typically, when I sell an item to a member, I accept a personal check and ship item long before payment arrives. Normally they receive item before payment arrives. Never have had any bad transactions. I know there are some bad apples out there just have to use good judgement.

I'm confused as all get out by this; 16 posts and 1 feedback rating and you typed that?

I must be missing something!
Look at the original sign up date. People are stingy with feedback too apparently since I've done 2 or 3 deals in the last week or two and nobody has given me feedback back.
Yep keep pointing your fingers at me and calling me names and you are right I'm not part of that woke gun community. You are painting everyone in the State of Oregon with a very broad brush and that is simply wrong every time you or anyone does that or anything like that. Maybe you should look in the mirror and see why whom-ever will not to sell to you. For me well, I own an ammunition company and sell and ship to anyone, anywhere legal all the time.
Please point to where I called you a name? Also, where did I say that every single Oregon resident is unwilling to ship? I did mention that I see a lot of Oregon residents unwilling to ship, but not once did I 'paint everyone in the State of Oregon with a very broad brush' like you say.

Shipping for business is also a lot different than shipping to and from a private party. What's your website? Maybe I'll grab some ammo from you.
Weird. 7 posts total from 2010 to 2023. But whatever.
What does that have to do with anything? I don't post telling people I sent them a PM when trying to arrange a deal. I also admitted that I hadn't been very active until recently.

Hell, I recently had an account with multiple posts in non-sale related threads reach out to try and sell me a PRS. Was quite obviously a scammer once I saw the robotic dialogue and photoshopped pictures. That account had been around for a few years as well. So my apologies that I wasn't aware post count makes you a real human or somebody that's good to deal with.

Something to consider here....

Posting or replying is.....optional.
Following forum rules is not optional.

Back and forth bickering ....getting in a dig / slur / slight / insult ...having the "last word"...etc...
Making general , broad brush "blanket statements"....
A my way is best attitude ....

All do nothing to further conversation or get your idea across.
Andy

I was attempting the "ignorant" path to a conclusion.

No posts, no feedback history, and someone wants me to find a box, pack the item, and drive to the FedEx store?

That's a no for me dog.
As a buyer, I never expect shipment before I send payment. Having little to no history on here even having been on here for 14 years almost, I try and communicate as best as possible with people. Typicaly buy/sell/trade BS happens with people ghosting or taking days to respond. That's to be expected. Like I mentioned in my previous post, I also don't post 'pm sent' like some people do. Maybe I should so my post count will go up since so many people apparently stake a lot on it.

Something to consider here....

Posting or replying is.....optional.
Following forum rules is not optional.

Back and forth bickering ....getting in a dig / slur / slight / insult ...having the "last word"...etc...
Making general , broad brush "blanket statements"....
A my way is best attitude ....

All do nothing to further conversation or get your idea across.
Andy
Not sure if this is aimed at me or not, but I have been nothing but cordial as far as I can tell. Yet people keep pointing the finger at me for some reason. See the comment below yours in regard to your second comment. Also please point to where I made 'broad brush' statements or any 'my way is best attitude' comments.

I simply asked a question and apparently people have the time since it's Saturday.

@Juhosaphat
In regards to post count....
Speaking only for myself here....
I prefer quality postings over quantity postings.

Not sure if this is aimed at me or not, but I have been nothing but cordial as far as I can tell. Yet people keep pointing the finger at me for some reason. See the comment below yours in regard to your second comment. Also please point to where I made 'broad brush' statements or any 'my way is best attitude' comments.

I simply asked a question and apparently people have the time since it's Saturday.
Ummm...if I wanted to actually talk to you or about you....
I would contact you directly like I did above with a @Juhosaphat , quote you or send a PM.

My post which you quoted...was a simple reminder to all here in this thread.

Andy

You always have the option of driving and meeting
I've driven all the way from Auburn to Vancouver to meet a guy selling a press. It wasn't even for me lol But it was also a press so shipping would've actually cost more than the gas to get down there. Plus it was a nice drive. I've driven all over Washington for deals. 2-3 hours one way some times. That was mostly back when gas was still reasonably affordable though. Now it's typically cheaper to ship an item depending on its size. Even if it's within a 15-20 mile range.

I see you no name agent man! :s0155:
1713026191092.png

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews