JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'd support giving AID MONEY to Ukraine.....rather than, continuing to give FREE MONEY to the "slackers" here in America and giving AID MONEY to countries that don't even support our values.

Like.....the "Nigerian Prince" has a lot of money by scamming people here. So, why give Nigeria anymore? LOL.

Yup....I said, "slackers". And, I'm being nice.
NOTE : https://www.kptv.com/2023/09/22/mul...lessness-tax-commissioners-disagree-spending/
Yup....and that's right across the river from me.

How about returning the money to the TAXPAYERS (assuming that it was the Portland or Oregon taxpayers or from the FEDERAL Govt.).

NOPE....that's not even being considered.
Full Speed Ahead. SPEND, Spend spend.......

Aloha, Mark

PS....consider for a moment.....
We are not about to send American boys 9 or 10 thousand miles away from home to do what Asian Ukrainian boys ought to be doing for themselves.
And (so far, as I know).....they have NOT asked for American boys to help (w/boots on the ground).

Last Edited:
I really don't care.

But, I know a few things that would cause me to take a side.....

The same institutions that support BLM, alphabet people, COVID mandates, gun control, open borders, higher taxes, climate change profiteering, war industry profiteering, censorship, etc.....

Are the same ones saying we need to support Ukraine.

And, the amount of support for it that I see from members on these forums surprises me considering several of the aforementioned ideals conflict with the ideals of most of us.

That's enough for me to not trust the accepted narrative around the issue. I don't even need to look for conspiracy theories..... just gotta connect the dots.....

I really don't care.

But, I know a few things that would cause me to take a side.....

The same institutions that support BLM, alphabet people, COVID mandates, gun control, open borders, higher taxes, climate change profiteering, war industry profiteering, censorship, etc.....

Are the same ones saying we need to support Ukraine.

And, the amount of support for it that I see from members on these forums surprises me considering several of the aforementioned ideals conflict with the ideals of most of us.

That's enough for me to not trust the accepted narrative around the issue. I don't even need to look for conspiracy theories..... just gotta connect the dots.....
Support for the "endless war" in Ukraine is coming out of MY @$$ and yours, and that of our descendants who will be held responsible for the bill. $130$ BILLION so far and no end in sight. Ukraine is perceived in Russia as a vital interest and as such they are unlikely to fold. Is Ukraine and our proxy war a "vital interest" to the United States? Might not the money be better spent closing the borders and retiring some of our national debt? Neither the porous border nor the incredible spending is doing this country any good- time to STOP the foreign adventurism we cannot afford, and deal with OUR PROBLEMS.

Again, I don't see how Ukraine's problem is my problem. And yet, here I am paying for their problems which means now it IS my problem. Crappy.

Why are we supporting Ukraine?

Because they are shooting Russian soldiers. Basically doing our dirty work for us and all we have to do is supply some ammo.
Beats the heck out of having American soldiers do it.

Why are we supporting Ukraine?

Because they are shooting Russian soldiers. Basically doing our dirty work for us and all we have to do is supply some ammo.
Beats the heck out of having American soldiers do it.
We also have to put up with massive inflation, ignore a host of existential domestic problems, a failing economy, all as we edge closer to the brink of nuclear war… so we can fulfill the childish neocon fantasy "shooting Russians"? Spare me. If that's so important to you, go there and do it yourself, on your own dime. I've got more quarrel with anti-freedom goons here than I do with Russians on the other side of the world.

The Budapest Memorandum. We, and other countries, agreed to provide "security assurances" in exchange for Ukraine "giving up " its nuclear arsenal. 'Nuff said.
A memorandum is not a treaty (and even actual treaties are things we've broken with alarming regularity). We also assured the Russians there would be not one inch of westward NATO expansion (not even into former East Germany), so why pretend our word is a scared bond for Ukraine?

A memorandum is not a treaty (and even actual treaties are things we've broken with alarming regularity). We also assured the Russians there would be not one inch of westward NATO expansion (not even into former East Germany), so why pretend our word is a scared bond for Ukraine?
The "we broken our word as a country before, so we have no obligation to keep it now line of reasoning".
Okay...

The "we broken our word as a country before, so we have no obligation to keep it now line of reasoning".
Okay...
You missed the point. The purpose of the question is to lay bare the fact that no one who makes the "Budapest Memorandum" argument actually believes it. If they genuinely ever did hold the position that our word is a sacred bond that must be upheld no matter the cost, where were they the countless other times we've broken it? It's a convenient excuse, nothing more.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top