JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Which one ?

• Springfield Hellcat Pro

Votes: 15 41.7%
  • Walther PDP

Votes: 16 44.4%
  • Beretta APX A1

Votes: 5 13.9%

• Total voters
So, if he's asking what I would choose from the three choices?… … heck! I wouldn't choose any one of them!

But, if he's actually wanting to know what I think HE should buy…
…Here's my 3 choice poll:
1- I don't know
2- I don't care
X 3- all the above
:s0155:

Just recently picked up a mp 2.0 5" week before last. Gonna go shoot it this weekend. But so far I like the feel of it in my hands.
Is there a reason you haven't considered the M&P series? I own three of them, all pretty decent guns
I've got the M&P 40 Shield 2.0 and recently added the 357 Sig drop in barrel. What an awesome package that is.

Option: D, E, F

Glock 17, Glock 19, Sig 938

Full size, compact, micro… different guns for different purposes for different objectives.

Concealment is not priority, concealment is more important, but more important is having an adequate pistol, concealment is the most important and sacrificing having a more adequate pistol is necessary.

OP asked a gun forum about picking guns. He needs to realize that people are willing to give feedback outside of his criteria and that's still feedback.

I've never had to poll anyone for any of my gun purchases and I've been 100% content with every purchase I've made - except for the .38 special J-frame I didn't like that! (must count for something)

Option: D, E, F

Glock 17, Glock 19, Sig 938

Full size, compact, micro… different guns for different purposes for different objectives.

Concealment is not priority, concealment is more important, but more important is having an adequate pistol, concealment is the most important and sacrificing having a more adequate pistol is necessary.

OP asked a gun forum about picking guns. He needs to realize that people are willing to give feedback outside of his criteria and that's still feedback.

I've never had to poll anyone for any of my gun purchases and I've been 100% content with every purchase I've made - except for the .38 special J-frame I didn't like that! (must count for something)
I'd go p365 over 938 for multiple reasons. I own and have conceal carried both for several years.

I'd go p365 over 938 for multiple reasons. I own and have conceal carried both for several years.
I'm not disagreeing with you. I have friends that own that and love that, but since I don't I had to go with what I know.

Plus. Is the 938 smaller than the p365? I think so.

If concealment is truly the most paramount, that is why the 938 wins over the 365.

Edit: it's darn close, but 938 still wins on concealment. Sometimes that the difference between carrying or not carrying at all.

You gotta look under the hood before you buy.
Believe me, been there and done that! Don't want my kids to follow my path though.
7091F5A1-9DF8-491F-871F-F362ADECBF8E.png
This is just not cool but a funny I saw here the other day.

Walther PDP 100%, although it is a very bulky gun compared to a Hellcat Pro and APX A1.

I personally stray away from Springfield's polymer handguns because they are just rebranded imports of pistols made by HK Produkt, a Croatian company. I'm sure they're good enough but I don't want good enough when I'm going to be using a firearm for self defense. I want the for sure thing and Walther is a tried and true brand.

You know, the Lorcin and Hi Point are all well and good, but have you considered making the jump to an ultra-high-quality Phoenix HP25?

:s0140:

Disclaimer: Don't. Seriously, do not.

variety is good
Variety is good when you're on the range and it's fun time. When the poop is in a group and it's heading directly into the rotary atmosphere mobilizer you need to have something in your hand that you can run instinctively and not have to remember that there's a safety to flip off. Training with and carrying guns that all have common controls eliminates any potential 'oopsie' moments. For me those are Glocks. If you can run one, you can run 'em all.

Variety is good when you're on the range and it's fun time. When the poop is in a group and it's heading directly into the rotary atmosphere mobilizer you need to have something in your hand that you can run instinctively and not have to remember that there's a safety to flip off. Training with and carrying guns that all have common controls eliminates any potential 'oopsie' moments. For me those are Glocks. If you can run one, you can run 'em all.
This is the main reason so many Departments across the country run Glocks. Just like the S&W and Ruger Wheel guns of old, you have nothing to think about except "sight picture" and "trigger control". No panic moment about if the safety flips up for fire or up for safe or is it on fire or is it down now and I flip it up.....etc......

"My" muscle memory will always flip a safety down for fire because I carried a 1911 in the Marines. I have tried over the years to retrain myself but the Corps drilled that so far into my brain housing group that it's in there for ever. When I can, I still carry one of my Colt commanders, but they are a bit heavy in light clothing. Now it's a Glock 43X while I'm in town. Nothing to overthink with a Glock, just focus on sight picture and trigger control.

Just my 2c

A member here put me on ignore and I have no idea why? I've never interacted with them as far as I can remember.

They posted a thread and I responded, then seen other people responding but didn't see the post they were referencing. So I logged out and sure enough 😆 🤣

Gotta say I've been on several forums over the years from music equipment forums to car forums and surprisingly I've never seen so many grown men so quick to put each other on ignore as this forum. I figured a gun forum would have more grit, lol.
How do you know who has put who on ignore?

Trust me, I like "cats" but never seen one like this. That being said, I hate pet cats and have dogs that actually do things like protect.
@Tlock undoubtedly was talking about nuisance cougars, which he often has to kill as part of his job. Not pussy cats.

Pussy cats can be useful too if you have more rats, mice, moles, voles, or gophers than you think you need.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top