JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The other day, an old Forgotten Weapons video auto-ran on one of my monitors. In the monologue of said, the host used the expression "Cobray and stupidness". That manufacturer did indeed put out some silly stuff back in the day, so I laughed heartily.

Which brings me to my question: what manufacturer has put out the silliest firearms? Why do you believe they deserve this ignominious award? :s0165:

Enjoy!

Acme...
200.gif

On a more serious note...
The Dardick series of firearms and the "trounds" they used.
And...
The Gyrojet series of firearms and the "rocket bullets" they used.
Andy

From a strictly aesthetic and ergonomic perspective, Hi Point takes the cake for me. Silliest looking guns I've ever seen.

From a functional perspective I'll throw HK on the list for the MP5 briefcase, because who the heck thought a sub gun in a plastic tactical "briefcase" with no mechanism to aim it or dump brass when firing was a good idea?

There was a 10 shot 22 single action Western style revolver about 20 years ago that seemed like a good idea at first, until you had to empty it before reloading a few times

The Big Green! Remember the EtronX?
What a poor business decision. One of many. I hope those rifles were able to be modified to use standard primers and cartridge cases. If not, some folks now have expensive clubs!

If we're talking unintentionally silly, the Sterling PPL (.380 acp) has to be a contender for one of silliest guns ever. With only a 1" barrel, it isn't even able to stabilize bullets (keyholes at any range). Velocities would be laughable too. What's more, it has only a 5rd magazine capacity and is NOT safe to carry with a loaded chamber; it is a single action pistol with a crossbolt safety with no real detents, so it's very easy to flip accidentally back and forth. And also it's comically unreliable. Yes, I do have one, and I'm not fully sure why:

007DF84B-F216-4B91-9056-9294A27FAF7D.jpeg

If we're talking unintentionally silly, the Sterling PPL (.380 acp) has to be a contender for one of silliest guns ever. With only a 1" barrel, it isn't even able to stabilize bullets (keyholes at any range). Velocities would be laughable too. What's more, it has only a 5rd magazine capacity and is NOT safe to carry with a loaded chamber; it is a single action pistol with a crossbolt safety with no real detents, so it's very easy to flip accidentally back and forth. And also it's comically unreliable. Yes, I do have one, and I'm not fully sure why:

View attachment 1815261
Guns like the sterling aren't meant to be target guns and they dont need to stabilize the round. 500-600 fps out the muzzle and ten feet or less. Its a defensive gun.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads