JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
When I biggin it up, it shows the item discontinued. I hope, for the sake of others, that's a temporary condition.
I don't know. I remember when those guns were new Remington promised that primers would always be available, but that was two or three bankruptcies ago so who knows?? Powder Valley had them a couple of years ago but no longer. Then they were $89/k, triple+ regular primers. No feasible way to convert the gun to conventional ignition either.

Guns like the sterling aren't meant to be target guns and they dont need to stabilize the round. 500-600 fps out the muzzle and ten feet or less. Its a defensive gun.
True, but there are a LOT of guns not meant to be a target guns, but due to their quality, fit and finish they are capable of target type accuracy AND with actions that can rival that of those that are considered target style, or a more accurate model of the same manufacturer.

A good example are J frame Smith & Wessons, and specifically my 2" mod 60 .38 special.

It has an action that rivals that of a K-38 and with good loads shoots sub 2" groups at 25 yards.

I would much rather own a defensive handgun from a Mfg with KNOWN quality across the board with most of their guns as opposed to something with questionable quality and reliability just because its a 'defensive only' gun.

Everyone has a different definition of silly. To me, an example of a silly gun would be a K or an L frame Smith and Wesson revolver chambered in .38 special only, when it would take very little to chamber it in .357 instead. Doubly so for lever action rifles

Another example might be of a gun that's a solution looking for a problem, such as those bond arms derringers in full size rifle chamberings. In my opinion, they only exist for range shenanigans and "hold my beer" type people

Everyone has a different definition of silly. To me, an example of a silly gun would be a K or an L frame Smith and Wesson revolver chambered in .38 special only, when it would take very little to chamber it in .357 instead. Doubly so for lever action rifles

Another example might be of a gun that's a solution looking for a problem, such as those bond arms derringers in full size rifle chamberings. In my opinion, they only exist for range shenanigans and "hold my beer" type people
Come on . How is a 5 lb Bond Arms derringer any different than a 12" Buntline Colt. Theyre rrange toys. Most guns are range toys. Its OK to have range toys especially if you can admit that not all guns are tools or even need to be, .

Come on . How is a 5 lb Bond Arms derringer any different than a 12" Buntline Colt. Theyre rrange toys. Most guns are range toys. Its OK to have range toys especially if you can admit that not all guns are tools or even need to be, .
It's ok to have, it's also silly.

Everyone who makes bullpups...

Vektor CR-21... makes Hi Point's carbine designs look sane :s0140:

fa_ar_cr21_v1.jpg CR21.jpg
FN.. FN-PS90-1024x374.jpg 3f66ac4db062649a3afea82c98c560e1.jpg

NATICK, not sure WHO manufactured.. k2riqg8h70ou7x3qgxrw.jpg

Chinese QBZ
QBZ95_automatic_rifle_20170902.jpg

Bushmaster arm pistol
bushm.jpg
Also Bushmaster M17
450px-Bushmaster-M17S.jpg

Walther G22, surprised Hipoint didnt sue for looking similar

walther-g221.jpg

If we're talking unintentionally silly, the Sterling PPL (.380 acp) has to be a contender for one of silliest guns ever. With only a 1" barrel, it isn't even able to stabilize bullets (keyholes at any range). Velocities would be laughable too. What's more, it has only a 5rd magazine capacity and is NOT safe to carry with a loaded chamber; it is a single action pistol with a crossbolt safety with no real detents, so it's very easy to flip accidentally back and forth. And also it's comically unreliable. Yes, I do have one, and I'm not fully sure why:

View attachment 1815261
I hope it's in a picture frame hanging on the wall of your den. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
The first time I shot a M-16 I thought it was pretty silly because when I shot it with a strong cheek weld it went BOING.
That's how you know it's working.

A good example are J frame Smith & Wessons, and specifically my 2" mod 60 .38 special.
Worse as a .357.

Many I'd thought of have already been mentioned. The Taurus Curve was one of the first things I thought of. Form following function? The other was the Chiappa Rhino. The manufacturer has stated cogent reasons for the unconventional design. Maybe, but I'll stick with what I prefer. I've looked at a couple, they do seem to be made well.

The Altor pistol is pretty silly. Yep I have one and it does indeed go bang but it's only really selling point to me was cheap fun! Bought at BiMart under $100. It's a zip gun gone production and the grip even resembles Florida where they're made. The trigger is a simply design where you pull back on the spring loaded trigger and when you reach a certain point near the grip, your finger is ramped off the trigger releasing the trigger(and attached firing pin). I remember being quite impressed with how much recoil a 9mm has when there's no recoil spring or large mass to absorb the energy.

Well hopefully an attacker 10 feet or less away from someone carrying it would've been courteous any to give enough time rack the slide and make certain the safety stayed in the right position.
As someone who regularly goes walking around with a chamber loaded holstered suppressed Hi Standard hammer model pistols perhaps my idea of intrinsic gun safety is different. The safety on those is just a sear disconnect that works most of the time. On both guns you'd have to pull the hammer back to get enough inertia to actually detonate the primer unless you're talking about actually walking around cocked and locked. Then again I put 6 in a SAA cylinder.

But did they? Ive always been under the impression that Wham-o, the toy company, isn't the same WAMO, the gun company, that built those.
That was their public contention when confronted with hard evidence. In truth "WAMO" was only a branch/offshoot of "Wham-O". They made a crappy crossbow pistol as well.

The other day, an old Forgotten Weapons video auto-ran on one of my monitors. In the monologue of said, the host used the expression "Cobray and stupidness". That manufacturer did indeed put out some silly stuff back in the day, so I laughed heartily.

Which brings me to my question: what manufacturer has put out the silliest firearms? Why do you believe they deserve this ignominious award? :s0165:

Enjoy!
That's funny when I read the title the first thing that came to mind was cobray. Then calico.

9AD0E22A-3DDA-4C27-BB27-AF37293E6F5F.jpeg
Second was standard after they sold of the SAA tooling and made the pos zip22. Now they make thunderstruck and other garbage.

8D736FFC-10DD-4182-9E9D-DE91208CD090.jpeg
Jimenez and the ring of fire next for making zimak dog bubblegum guns. Thinking they could make guns that work in that manner makes them silly.

Next keltec. The gun that everyone applogizes for. "It jammed" says the non owner who is shooting it. Then owner says, "Yea it's a cheap gun", or "yea it's a new design", "I still like it anyway", etc. how that company is still in business is beyond me.

Lastly bond arms 9mm bullpup pistol (can't recall the name). Otherwise known as the fingertip remover. It's a rehash of a failed design intended to reduce recoil which it really doesn't and your thumb tip could pretty easily get shot off. What the hell were they thinking?

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads