JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello all!

Undecided on which pistol to get. Looking for opinions and experiences.

It would be for just plinking around.

I'm between the Mark IV or the TX22 Competition.

I've read good things about both, but the extra capacity for the TX22 is appealing. I know Taurus has made some changes for the better in the last couple years, made in America now.

Any experience with one or the other?

Thank you!

IMG_1782.jpeg IMG_1783.jpeg

I have had no problems with my Walther PPQ22 5"

The grip is full size and a bit large for my 13 year old son, so I am looking at getting a Sig P322

which can have a red dot and 25 round mags.

I have had no problems with my Walther PPQ22 5"

The grip is full size and a bit large for my 13 year old son, so I am looking at getting a Sig P322

which can have a red dot and 25 round mags.
The mark 4 is 10 for capacity and the TX22 is 16

Both can hold a red dot but the TX22 is easier to Mount I think.

Today, I would choose the mark IV because it lines up better with my interests, however I have a plain TX22 which has run and run and run. I think you'd be happy with either

A friend of mine got the Taurus, it seemed to work alright but he had problems getting his dot sight to stay put. The cutout was very shallow and made of aluminum I believe.. etc. etc. Everything got buggered in just a few hundred rounds.
Get a Browning.

I'd pick the one that feels the most comfortable.
FWIW, I have a MK1 5.5" BB I bought new in 1971 for $71.00, has umpteen thousands of rounds thru it, and still shoots great/accurate. Just saying... :)

Dan

I own a TX22 and it's a good gun. I would probably choose it if my primary interest was plinking because of its higher capacity and its its similarity to polymer 9MM'S for practicing while using less expensive .22 ammunition.
If my primary interest was higher-level accuracy, competition bullseye shooting, I would choose a variant of the Ruger.

I have a Walther P22 and it runs great like mentioned above.
My 18 year old daughter loves it.

On those grounds I purchased her and my wife each a Taurus TX22 Compact based on the reviews that I have seen.
My wife is disabled and can struggle with racking the slide on my 9mm.
So I went with these little fellers.

Just got them, so I have yet to shoot them yet.
But they do feel good in my large hands, not hard to handle at all.

I have a Sig P322. Put a green dot sight on it. Easier to see for me instead of red. Standard mag is 20 rds. 25 rd. are available. Comes with both flat and curved trigger shoes. Threaded barrel. Fun to shoot and accurate too.

both TX22 comp and MK4 are great reliable 22's TX22 can be customized to be a tactical 22lr pistol. Ruger Mk 4 can be fully customized to be a race gun.

I wouldn't even put these two against each other. If you're looking for a target-grade shooter the TX-22 probably isn't your thing. Mine is plenty accurate but its not really a "competition" grade gun regardless of the naming. I'm not a Taurus fan either but the TX-22 just works. Good alternative to a G44 or M&P 22.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top