JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Define end of world...
Nuclear holocaust?
Killer plague?
Sea levels rising by 200ft overnight?
Civil war?
Invasion by a foreign army?

Set some parameters for this theoretical exercise.

It would depend where I was and the substance of TEOTWAWKI- I mean, are we talkin the 2nd Coming "Come, Lord Jesus, Come Quickly" or some lesser event?
Generally speaking, a tricked out 12ga and (probably) a .357 Redhawk. Power, versatility, and availability of ammo.
If it was going to be running gunfights, well then- AK or AR, maybe FAL... maybe a Glock 19 instead of the .357. Frankly I do feel "safer" with the AR/AK scenario in a contentious situation but survival depends on avoidance not so much on confrontation. A .22 would have it's uses too.
The shotgun thing is to give double use for hunting/survival and use a variety of munitions depending on the need at hand. Slow to reload. As I said above, an AK or AR would be useful if it's going to be battle... and a .22 for deep cover somewhere..
When very young, I worshiped my Dad's bringback K98k as being a rifle to carry to hell and back.. hitting draft age and awareness of the Vietnam debacle saw the Mauser fade and the AK/AR become more likely.. Still have that old Mauser tho, in original WW2 dress and ready to roll with ammo and all...

Last Edited:
Define end of world...
Nuclear holocaust?
Killer plague?
Sea levels rising by 200ft overnight?
Civil war?
Invasion by a foreign army?

Set some parameters for this theoretical exercise.
All out chaos. Hunger, war, theft, no borders, everyone/family for themselves

1675811898484.jpeg

And a couple 60 foot cargo containers of 7.62x51.

I think this is probably the 327th same this same thing has been posted in the last few years!
Awww come'on! Don't exaggerate! Drama much??

It's only the 301st. Sheesh.....

I could list only the 2 I would admit to, but everyone knows... I'm prone to lie about such things. :s0155:

Suppressed 22 pistol. Can carry ALOT of ammo with little weight. Maybe a suppressed 22 takedown rifle for mid range hunting. Beyond that, there will be plenty of battlefield pickups/throwaways available for awhile.

It would depend where I was and the substance of TEOTWAWKI- I mean, are we talkin the 2nd Coming "Come, Lord Jesus, Come Quickly" or some lesser event?
Generally speaking, a tricked out 12ga and (probably) a .357 Redhawk. Power, versatility, and availability of ammo.
If it was going to be running gunfights, well then- AK or AR, maybe FAL... maybe a Glock 19 instead of the .357. Frankly I do feel "safer" with the AR/AK scenario in a contentious situation but survival depends on avoidance not so much on confrontation. A .22 would have it's uses too.
This is pretty much me. I've got two AKs, one stock AR, one Glock 22, and one Ruger GP100 .357. No combat shotgun though, as much as I want one it's kinda too late now. Out of the two AKs, my WASR 10/63 or my WBP Jack, I'd probably grab the Jack. At least it has a sling. I think I'm more AK than AR, though the AR is way lighter to carry.

All total, probably 600-ish rounds for all of it. Not nearly enough. Got a .22 Marlin too.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top