JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Pew...pew...pew.
No wait I meant BANG...BANG...BANG!

I'm not in the mood to wax eloquence so ditto what everyone above said. But you know my sentiments.
:s0132:

Besides the obvious sense of security.... I like dressing them up in thier sundays best and taking pictures of them, then showing them off to my NWFA family.

For me it's a meaning of self worth, knowing that I'm a patriotic citizen of the greatest country on this planet and having the RIGHT to BEAR ARMS to protect my family.
I get a satisfying feeling when I teach others that I love and care for how to carry on the tradition of Duty Honor Country and how to defend it.
All the other neat stuff already mentioned is just a bonus.;)

I like to eat wild game, a firearm is the proper tool for the job of harvesting protein.
I like to be able to protect and defend me and mine, a firearm levels the playing field for the average person.
I like to be active outdoors and shoot recreationally, a firearm is a key to my physical and mental well being.
I too like the smell of gun powder, not just in the morning, any time of day really.
I like to tinker with, evaluate, enhance and personalize my firearms for my individual uses and preferences.
I like firearms for their historic, artistic, and sentimental reasons, they connect me to my past, present and future.
How else am I going to shoot all the ammunition I reload, if not with a firearm?
Wow....I guess my narrative is done. The above about gets it for me. I prefer it to golf! Ha! Also, I guess there is a mental and tactile thing I find soothing about re-loading, and then shooting my own ammo through fine rifles and pistols. I find the most accurate firearms to be the most interesting. I love fine wood melded with fine bluing. I love to hunt and crave fresh game meat.

Last Edited:
I find the most accurate firearms to be the most interesting.
You, me, and Col. Whalen...:s0155:
B39AFF2C-65E4-44D1-AC00-98D4B2F9FD9D-235-0000001E24EB0917_tmp.jpg

... and nothing is more satisfying than working up a recipe at the reload bench that makes your rifle as interesting as possible;)

I also like cleaning my rifles...

Ignore that despite 4 hours of cleaning the bore, the wasr's barrel is still far from clean. Also ignore that my hand is cloaked in carbon the moment I take the top cover off. o_O

It's already been said multiple times, but:

1. Security - I like the security they provide myself, those I care about, and my community.
2. Hunting - They provide a means to bring food to my table.
3. Community - I like shooting and sharing a hobby with others. It's a good social experience.
4. Hobby - I like practicing my skills and improving myself. Firearms are a fun way to do that.

Well, guns are about the only thing that has convinced me that to quit smoking would be a good option. I have cut back a little in that respect, so i'd say they are doing me a favor. I also do not drink nearly as much as I used to, maybe a drink every other week compared to 4-5 a night. Taking the PRESCRIBED oxy the other night for my wisdom tooth extraction gave me a nightmare about not being able to get out of bed to defend my fiancé... so there is that as well.

Aside from that, I can hold history and that is important to me. I can feel what this item was and not much has changed besides time and reason.

For my newer firearms, I like to tinker with the mechanics and see how they work. It's fascinating to see how they function and gain a greater understanding.

It's cool to create an extension of myself and punch holes in paper or clays. It enthralls me!

My favorite holiday is Independence Day, so naturally I am drawn to the smoke and flames.

I like this thread a lot.

Well I have to say I'm a bit confused. There are some serious items missing from these lists - at least according to the anti's:

• No one has mentioned compensating for a small manhood by owning a gun
  • No one has mentioned they are just waiting for the next shootout in the streets, like the OK Corral
  • No one has mentioned they are gay and trying to cover it up
  • No one has mentioned it compensates for a low IQ
  • No one has mentioned the power it gives them over all women, blacks, Muslims or any other group the anti's claim gun owners hate
Seems everyone here loves guns for rational, dare I say, common sense, reasons. What's wrong with everyone? Why aren't you fitting the stereotypes the anti's love to lay out on the national stage about us?

It's almost like the anti's make all that stuff up o_O

Good grief, you all need to grow up and buy another big gun to compensate for you small manly bits...you're making the anti's look like idiots.

tenor.gif

:rolleyes::p:p:p:rolleyes:

Last Edited:
No one has mentioned it compensates for a low IQ
Well, us space clowns DO have a significantly higher IQ than the average earthling. :rolleyes:

No one has mentioned the power it gives them over all women, blacks, Muslims or any other group the anti's claim gun owners hate
The guns give us power over them yet they're still all over the place screaming their nonsense... If we had power over them I don't think they would be screaming their nonsense all over the place. Just trying to think logically there, that might be the problem I'm having trying to understand that.

Well, us space clowns DO have a significantly higher IQ than the average earthling. :rolleyes:

The guns give us power over them yet they're still all over the place screaming their nonsense... If we had power over them I don't think they would be screaming their nonsense all over the place. Just trying to think logically there, that might be the problem I'm having trying to understand that.

I'm thinking more along the lines of patriarchy, misogyny, racism, etc. Some on the left/anti's claim gun ownership helps enforce those things by making folks feel more powerful over those they hate, leading them to use their perceived power over those groups.

Like the other points, it's all BS - they make those claims about gun owners, but those claims, save for a very, very few, fraction of a percent of gun owners, are simply not true. Fact is, if we owned guns to exert power over those groups, they'd be gone or under complete control by now. It simply doesn't work that way, though they believe it does :confused:

No one has mentioned it compensates for a low IQ

I'm to dumb to know the difference. :rolleyes::D

No one has mentioned they are gay and trying to cover it up

I haven't come out of the closet yet? :confused:

No one has mentioned they are just waiting for the next shootout in the streets, like the OK Corral

But prepared if the need arises!

No one has mentioned the power it gives them over all women, blacks, Muslims or any other group

Its to early I can't think of anything for this one:(

No one has mentioned compensating for a small manhood by owning a gun

No but I drive a big truck! :p

The tactile experience of handling small machines of metal and wood, the sports aspect of shooting well, the sense of belonging from the shooting community, the connection to American History, and the single-minded, meditative nature of handling a gun on the firing line, which pushes all other thoughts from that day out of my head.

I like taking them apart and putting them back together again. And building certain types from scratch.
Basically if someone elses husband can do it, then there is no reason why I can't.

Been this way since I was a kid...I could even re-assemble the cranks and headset on my stingray with less ball bearings than those factory dorks at Schwinn! :D

Whats Your Favorite Thing(s) about Owning Firearms ?

Yep!

No, really.....Every thing mentioned above to a degree. What stands out most for me, personally I think, is being part of a LARGE group of people that are the most conscientious, sharing, friendly, smart, sensible, funny among other great things, (@Stomper comes to mind), that I've ever had the pleasure to be around. Being relatively new to firearms, sorta dove in head first in 2010, it was extremely refreshing and satisfying finding the community. I grew up fishing, that was pretty much my only passion. Once I got to Oregon in 1983 I learned the fishing game here. Over the years the attitudes of a lot of the fishing community has really turned me off, of them. And the whole fishing game to an extent. What a great experience at has been and continues to be. I learn new things all the time. So much that my brain can't possibly hold it all.

And I really dig reloading. :D

.I could even re-assemble the cranks and headset on my stingray with less ball bearings than those factory dorks at Schwinn! :D

Gosh, and I was going to see if you would help me with my Colt Woodsman Match Target until this^^^^ Some dork took it apart and messed something up he thinks. :oops:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top