JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Astra A-90 17rds DA My wifes carry gun. With a spare mag (16rds) she has 33rds thats 6.5 times what a 1911 carries. Course her purse if set down to fast sounds like a concrete block landing on the table LOL.

My favorite 9mm is my Rohrbaugh R9s. It is so easy to conceal and carry. It is also accurate and easy to handle. :)

Rohrbaugh.jpg

What's your purpose? Concealed carry, range/plinking gun, competition gun?
There are a lot of great 9mm pistols available. If your purpose is very specific, there are pistols that might work well in one area, but not as good in another.

Favorite general platform:
- S&W M&P 9mm.

Why:
- Ergonomics. Fit my hand best, easily reach all controls.
- Options. Many platforms depending on what you want to do. Compact for concealed carry, full-size for general use (range, mod out for competition or carry), 9mmL for use where a longer barrel is desired. Option for external safety if desired.
- Nice shooter. Low bore axis, good grip angle
- Made in America. Enough said.

IMHO, to make the M&P great, you need to get an Apex sear and USB - the stock trigger is underwhelming. These two parts are a must and worth every penny.
I haven't tried the RAM kit to help the reset, but the M&P reset is not as distinct as a Glock, but still present and adequate.

I haven't tried a Gen 4 Glock 19, but I really like the Gen 3 I shot. With the slight cockpit changes to the Gen 4, I'm sure it's great. I like the size of the 19.

Walther PPS. 9mm Slim. Easy to carry. Fun to shoot! Can go in your pocket. But is real gun size. Only single stack mag - would be nice if it held more ammo . . . but that would eliminate the slim factor. I love this pistol!

I've owned or shot a lot of 9mm's and they usually leave me cold. The Beretta 92 - too big and bulky. Sigs - OK. nothing to write home about. BHP - would love one but that grip is way too wide. H&K - don't get me started. S&Ws are generally OK but unexciting.

But what does do it for me is a Colt Combat Commander. Slim, great ergos, quick handling, good looking. The "Combat" version gives you the added strength and stability of a carbon steel frame, which I like. I thought I was done with 9mm's for years until I ran across this puppy (on this forum a year or more back, actually). Classic virtues of the 1911, and such easy shooting with the 9mm round. Love it.

9f3cfd37.jpg

I used to have an XDSC 9mm and a 45XD Tactical, a friend let me shoot his EMP, After shooting it I promply came home and put both my pistols up for sale so I could purchase my EMP.

Last Edited:
This Beretta family designed pistol offers very similar technologies to the M9 or 92/96 series pistols.

I love the hand grip of the Cougar 8000 pistols either from Beretta in the past or now with Stoeger Industries.
This gun just fits your hand like a glove and causes immediate sight alignment in the most natural way as you point with your figure towards the target.

An all metal pistol which weighs just a little more than plastic guns however, this weight helps keep recoil down. Adding the rotating barrel and now you have a light felt recoil. The rotating barrel also keeps the barrel inline for improved accuracy. Oh, the barrel is chromed for ease of cleaning.
Speaking of cleaning a very simple procedure.

I like the DA/SA because of the exposed hammer. Plus once the first shot is fired the pistol is then SA. Another feature is if the pistol has a round in battery it will fire even if the magazine is removed. 3 safeties are included to meet your needs on how you wish to manage the gun when loaded.

The Beretta Cougar was NATO qualified from 1992 til 2002. A testing the strong high quality from Beretta handguns used by the military worldwide.

I believe I am correct in saying that a competition shooter had over 100k rounds fired without a failure but don 't quote me on that fact. But let me say, I have over 2500 rounds without a FTF or a FTE while the shooting cheapest ammo I can find.

It fits my hand, It never fails to fire, It is accurate, It aligns with my hand for rapid target alignment, and it is a Beretta. :s0155:

Last Edited:
I used to have an XDSC 9mm and a 45XD Tactical, a friend let me shoot his EMP, After shooting it I promply came home and put both my pistols up for sale so I could purchase my EMP.
maaaaaaaan.... I have dreams of an EMP, hence my signature line. I carry a Ruger SR9C which is affordable, US made, adequate, accurate, 10 & 17rnd mags & fun for tons of practice, but admittedly NOT what I plan to carry forever & certainly not my favorite. Would recommend it for the reasons above, but it's no EMP or Rohrbaugh!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top