JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
CZ 75b, and all 75-series variants (2075, 85, SP01, PCR, etc)

The 75b is just a great gun at a very competitive price. It'll work for everything but carry (they're north of 2 lbs), which is where some of the variants will serve you better.

You can get it in various finishes, dress it up with custom grips like a 1911...just a classic high functioning 9mm. Tough as nails and very accurate.

As others mentioned, the HK P7 PSP for me. Fits my hand very well, easily concealed, accurate. It has its quirks regarding magazine capacity and weight. But I have come to the realization that if I need more than a few shots, I shouldn't be vacationing in a warzone, and the weight helps with recoil. Nothing a good belt doesn't solve.

Right behind it is the HK P30. Another one that just works for me. I like the P7 a lot more though.

Good pistol, eats anything. Worked over the trigger and it is now good. Cheap to buy. And most important; if (God forbid) I need to use it and then the police lock it up (and they will) I haven't lost much.

Ed

Astra A-75, probably because it was my first. Well behaved, heavy enough to moderate recoil, but light and compact enough to carry, never a functional fault (to date), and out of production for a decade now. :( But single stack. Used a Taurus FS92 for play at SVRC, which was also utterly reliable.
Second favorite would be most any in the Sig family, as the grip resembles the A-75 my hands grew to know. While not 9mm, P220R has been on the shopping list for years, and Santa let me down again.

My favorite is my new M&P 9mm compact. Only gun I've ever owned and I've only had it for about a month. :s0114:

It's a good all-around gun, not too big, not too small, reliable, comfortable, comes with three backstraps to help it fit your hand, reasonable price. I can conceal it (in the winter at least) and I'm sure most men would have an even easier time concealing it than me.

I have owned numerous 9mm pistols over the years. I have a Smith & Wesson M&P now and love it. It fits my hand better than any other gun I have ever owned. Shoots very well and is easy to field strip. 17 round mags and Made in the USA.

im a basic rookie but was talked into a sig 226 blackwater tactile for my first gun 20 rnd mags good night sights--sr trigger --ive bought more sigs and a kimber since--but still my favorite---

I had a Glock 26 with mag (finger) extension, wish I still had it, need to get another, good carry gun, and if you want to get stupid you can get a 32 round mag for it which is a heck of alot of fun! Very close second is a berretta 92, can get 30 rd mags for those as well, although 17 round mag is plenty. Just a little large for everyday carry for me.

You might as well go to a 19 if you put a finger extention on a 26.

Another thing you all should keep in mind, when using extended mags (ie 17/19 in a 26, 17/18 in a 19, etc) it is very possible, under stress, to over insert the mag and lock up the weapon. Have both seen happen and done it myself.

Glock 19 is a half inch longer is all but yeah not a bad option. I never had any problem with 33 rd glock mags and I did all kinds of tactical training with them, might have been lucky is all but had nothing but great luck. I don't think I would use 33 rd mags for a combat situation though. But g26 is imo a great carry weapon if 9mm is what you wanted to carry. Finger extensions only needed if you have larger hands.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top