JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have been working on that.
I have cache bins all made up with everything in some Rocket launcher 31" ammo cans.
Found a couple spots but need to recon them again this summer.

Nothing fancy mind you ... but inclusive of a cheapo .22 rifle and 1k plus rds of ammo .... and then of course all the emergency stuff, water, food, first aid, shelter etc.

Best spots are gated. Which is a complicated task of permissions or keys ... wink.

FYI, after a lot of research and deliberation we went with the 6" sewer pipe instead of the ammo can route for burial. Metal rusts and corrodes over time from the moisture that leaches through, while the pipe will stay just as sturdy as it was installed for decades.

Hillary 2016 !

car-1.jpg

car-1.jpg

Wise decision. AND I and half of Australia agree with you.

My reasoning was portable and stackable multi units .... burial will require several construction bags and desiccant to work well or a pipe repack.

FYI, after a lot of research and deliberation we went with the 6" sewer pipe instead of the ammo can route for burial. Metal rusts and corrodes over time from the moisture that leaches through, while the pipe will stay just as sturdy as it was installed for decades.

Damage or ruin causing it to be unsafe.
Unsafe due to occupation by government or civilian criminal forces.
Preemptive decision wherein critical evac routes were compromised or at risk due to the above.
(e.g. - Road Block "cage" was instituted for enacting Fed/UN/HS/FEMA/Foreign/criminal controls.)

I have stuff ready for the mountains ... but depending on the scenario ...
I would likely plant myself next to a farm with eggs and chickens and offer to protect it and help them.

There might even be dozens of Bankster foreclosures just sitting and available.
Lotsa nice spots on the way to the hills. The mountains are tough and with a lot of survival watching yuppies ...
I think I would wait for the die off before I made my way there.

You can head my way :) I would need help defending position...its amazing how many people it takes on a rotating schedule to guard and do chores.

The chores and schedule are a hard task to accomplish. We have 16 houses in our area, one road thru. We have 2 perfect areas for road blocks and several large trees to drag over and stake in on the log roads plus equipment to trench them too.

I can tell ya with all the capable bodies we still need several more, but we have an effective schdule worked out for the kids, ladies and men that works.

The good thing is we can band together with the group on the other side of the large hill, and add to our strength, and yes we have discussed it with them. Their area is defendable too.

There is land on both sides for sale.

That's great you have that many people to organize with. I've only been at my place for a few months and only know my most immediate neighbor (and not THAT well). I doubt ill ever discuss preparedness with anyone around me unless some event actually happened. Guess I'm still in the closet that way :)

1 & 2 from the OP.
Next would be to save only immediate family if within 20 miles.
I hope nothing horrible happens until this winter. It would be nice to have my sister closer to home. Lord knows she isn't the gun type with the media crowd she studies in college with. (Well, graduated now..) But she works with them.. so her mindset isn't anything like what my family's, she just gets overwhelmed.

I'd say I'd hold up in a civil war. There'd be no where else to go. And lord knows I'd try and take as many of them down as possible or help fight or arm a resistance.

One thing I always find comical with the "Doomsday Preppers" show is.. they have a VERY difficult time packing up and almost all of their plans need a main (Highway/Freeway) route, as if somehow they'll get super advanced warning before anyone else.
Also, those that take to water unless you live off the coast.. you'll be a slow sitting duck, same goes for vans packed with gear on the road.

You'd be better off fortifying your current position/location or one close by (If within Forrest proximity.)
Purchase spare 2x4s, wood panels, LOTS OF NAILS, hammers, hatchets, aluminum sheeting, steel sheeting, old phone books and sand bags.
If you've got a shed place it all in there along with your spare gasoline, then if SHTF grab all that gear and run it in the garage. (the garage might be the area where much fortifying focus is needed.
Dig spike pits and other nasty pit falls outside your house.. it can be done.. but not with town homes unless you take over your neighbors. :)

Sheets of plywood with large construction nails driven up through them and strongly staked to the ground in front of windows and on portches are better than nothing and quickly and easily deployed. Not too useful if you can't defend against them being moved and steel plate boots can defeat them.

Sheets of plywood with large construction nails driven up through them and strongly staked to the ground in front of windows and on portches are better than nothing and quickly and easily deployed. Not too useful if you can't defend against them being moved and steel plate boots can defeat them.
Id assume all the noise from the breaching would alarm those barricaded indoors. Id also assume not alot of folks would continue though the hole ridden plywood shortly after. :)
Cheap easy and temporarily effective, also if the floorboords around the doors and windows was pulled up making a steap drop once/if entry was achieved itd make it all the more difficult.

Depends on how many attackers and how badly they want you. A home is never going to be an adequate fortress, which sucks because we are probably stuck in ours. Many of our neighbors are prepared and heavily armed, some vets and we trust each other but we need to fight it out in the streets. If driven into a home we'd be in dire straits indeed. A couple of wine bottles and an accelerant would probably settle our hash for good.

Currently living in the burbs near Portland, but have enough property to grow my own food and raise a few animals (grandfathered in from when my folks bought the place) if need be. I telecommute most days now to be close by and help my wife when needed. When my folks are gone I'm likely headed to a more rural area so I'll at least have more time and options if/when things happen.

I plan on bugging In and then heading to relatives. I also have an emergency route prolly most people do not consider. Right now I am a heckuva a lot farther from the farm than I want to be. We'll be talking this over with my sis. Push comes to shove me, my brother , our sons and nephews (two of which are combat vets) and two more who can really shoot as well would constitute a nasty little squad when accosted. Heck we even got an honest to god modern artillery man.
The big challenge is getting all the pieces together. Mustering as it were.

Brutus out

I live on a rural dirt road with just a handful of houses. My immediate neighbors are a Marine, an Army combat engineer, and a WSP trooper. I don't think I'll be leaving my house for any particular reason. This road will be pretty well set.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top