JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
A description from Wikipedia:
Leave the World Behind is a 2023 American apocalyptic psychological thriller film written and directed by Sam Esmail. It is based on the 2020 novel by Rumaan Alam. The film stars Julia Roberts, Mahershala Ali, Ethan Hawke, Myha'la, and Kevin Bacon as they attempt to make sense of the gradual breakdown in phones, television, and other regularly used technology which points to a potential cataclysm.

Spoiler Alert: Wikipedia has a detailed Plot of the movie

Between this film and the silliness of the film "Civil War" in which Texas and California forms a military alliance and NY and Florida also another alliance... I'd have to say this year's dystopian films has been pretty spectacularly stupid.. :s0140:

Stupid, contrived, full of self-centered idiots. Yes, indeed an Obama film.
Between this film and the silliness of the film "Civil War" in which Texas and California forms a military alliance and NY and Florida also another alliance... I'd have to say this year's dystopian films has been pretty spectacularly stupid.. :s0140:
What's to be expected from liberal Hollywood.
Wasn't California supposed to fall into the ocean by now? :oops:

Long winded opinion of the movie:
Movies are my third hobby after the gym and firearms.. so of course I saw it..
The movie (sadly) left a lot to be desired. They also have this racial undertone throughout and a moment of "what if, almost infidelity".. which was all incredibly forced and pointless. I also disliked that Ethan Hawks character is suppressed and made to be seen as incompetent around his wife.. this is something modern media loves to do to men in their movies and shows. The male characters are put down or made to be fumbling idiots to elevate female characters around them.. once you start to notice i in modern media, it gets exhausting.. as it's the primary liberal medias go-to archetype. Dozens of shows and movies I can easily list prove this new formula they have been using.

*spoilers*
The main thing(s) I liked were:

The crashed airplane in the beach and then the second crashed airplane.. that was a neat concept and provided for cool visuals.

I also liked the self driving Tesla cars cars smashing into each other after being "hacked" .. that was a unique new idea that in future apocalyptic movies I can see now being a thing.. which sort of reminds me of the older film: "Maximum Overdrive".

The other element I liked in the show was drones dropping leaflets for propaganda which is actually disinformation, as we later find out another area has totally different leaflets dropped, I think Kevin Bacon mentions North Korea.. because no way Obama would demonize China in his precious movie.. which reminded me of a short lived show: "Jericho" where purposeful disinformation care packages and leaflets are dropped but there are various ones from various places so no one knows anything. That wasn't a half bad show.

Lastly, I liked the sons teeth falling out, but they only touch on that.. I wish they would have actually explained that better.. no one else's teeth fell out.. so it wasn't the sonic emissions, but had this been a darker movie it could have gone into that more. These same sonic emissions cripple humans yet all animals are unaffected and remain in the area..

Overall the primary message was some green nonsense of humans taking the world over and ruining nature it's the last bit of the movie.. which for the bulk of the movie wasn't even the focus. So the ending was absolute garbage.

Overall, the movie was a go nowhere waste of time.. leave it to Obama and talentless writers to conjure up something this bad. Post apocalyptic movies are not hard to make.. so to fumble something like this directly correlates to weak, lazy writing.
Apologies to anyone that liked it.. but I expected far more.

Last Edited:
I started to watch the movie and first half I liked it and the suspense. But once it was disclosed what was going on it went downhill so fast I walked away. Nobody who figures out whats bad happening to them just keeps standing still they take action. Turns out I didnt miss anything, they stayed put and just experienced more misery then the movie ended. It does seem to set itself up for a sequel.

The wife and I watched it last night. The multiple corordinated attacks were a bit over the top, but the symbolism was interesting.

Remember that the elites always telegraph what they are going to do ahead of time.

Then:

Now:

Also, I thought that the map in the basement was a nod to the up coming Civil War

1704048825284.png

But apparently it was a rallying cry for prison reform.

Obama's public message? We need to set aside our differences and racism and work together or else outside forces will topple us from within.

Obama's subliminal message? Shut up and do what the Liberal deep state elites tell you. 1000002011.jpg

Long winded opinion of the movie:
Movies are my third hobby after the gym and firearms.. so of course I saw it..
The movie (sadly) left a lot to be desired. They also have this racial undertone throughout and a moment of "what if, almost infidelity".. which was all incredibly forced and pointless. I also disliked that Ethan Hawks character is suppressed and made to be seen as incompetent around his wife.. this is something modern media loves to do to men in their movies and shows. The male characters are put down or made to be fumbling idiots to elevate female characters around them.. once you start to notice i in modern media, it gets exhausting.. as it's the primary liberal medias go-to archetype. Dozens of shows and movies I can easily list prove this new formula they have been using.

*spoilers*
The main thing(s) I liked were:

The crashed airplane in the beach and then the second crashed airplane.. that was a neat concept and provided for cool visuals.

I also liked the self driving Tesla cars cars smashing into each other after being "hacked" .. that was a unique new idea that in future apocalyptic movies I can see now being a thing.. which sort of reminds me of the older film: "Maximum Overdrive".

The other element I liked in the show was drones dropping leaflets for propaganda which is actually disinformation, as we later find out another area has totally different leaflets dropped, I think Kevin Bacon mentions North Korea.. because no way Obama would demonize China in his precious movie.. which reminded me of a short lived show: "Jericho" where purposeful disinformation care packages and leaflets are dropped but there are various ones from various places so no one knows anything. That wasn't a half bad show.

Lastly, I liked the sons teeth falling out, but they only touch on that.. I wish they would have actually explained that better.. no one else's teeth fell out.. so it wasn't the sonic emissions, but had this been a darker movie it could have gone into that more. These same sonic emissions cripple humans yet all animals are unaffected and remain in the area..

Overall the primary message was some green nonsense of humans taking the world over and ruining nature it's the last bit of the movie.. which for the bulk of the movie wasn't even the focus. So the ending was absolute garbage.

Overall, the movie was a go nowhere waste of time.. leave it to Obama and talentless writers to conjure up something this bad. Post apocalyptic movies are not hard to make.. so to fumble something like this directly correlates to weak, lazy writing.
You need to join us over on the "What did you do to exercise today" thread.

Long winded opinion of the movie ~~~~~~~~~~~

Generally agree with your analysis

FWIW
My take on the loss of teeth was related to having been bitten by something in the woods.
Don't know what kind of bite would cause teeth to fall out without a lot of other sever reactions however...

Overall my impression was this is a steaming POS

Would have likely looked for something else if I hadn't been using it for background noise in my hobby room aka "the cave".

….as stupid as the movie itself was, maybe I'm the real dummy here for not only starting the movie…….but watching it in it's entirety until it's witless end….. 🙄

…….the only part that made any sense at all was watching all those overpriced driverless vehicles crash into each other incessantly …….

……..but why, oh why did I sit there for two hours and twenty minutes watching it at all? 😵‍💫

….as stupid as the movie itself was, maybe I'm the real dummy here for not only starting the movie…….but watching it in it's entirety until it's witless end….. 🙄

…….the only part that made any sense at all was watching all those overpriced driverless vehicles crash into each other incessantly …….

……..but why, oh why did I sit there for two hours and twenty minutes watching it at all? 😵‍💫
You're not the only one who had to watch the whole movie. I'm married too. :oops:

Generally agree with your analysis

FWIW
My take on the loss of teeth was related to having been bitten by something in the woods.
Don't know what kind of bite would cause teeth to fall out without a lot of other sever reactions however...

Overall my impression was this is a steaming POS

Would have likely looked for something else if I hadn't been using it for background noise in my hobby room aka "the cave".

True, they chalked the teeth loss up to being bitten then Bacons character states he assumed the sonic emissions could have been the cause. I'm with you, the bite and teeth loss would have meant that poor kid would have been going through a lot worse before that point.

True, they chalked the teeth loss up to being bitten then Bacons character states he assumed the sonic emissions could have been the cause. I'm with you, the bite and teeth loss would have meant that poor kid would have been going through a lot worse before that point.
The movie couldn't even do biological warfare right... lol. They could commandeer airliners and all Teslas but could only hit one kid with teeth loss. Fail. lol.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top