JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've been contemplating what shotgun load would settle the hash of your wine bottle grenadiers??? What do you think a nice 3 inch magnum steel goose load would do to a wine bottle, accelerant and its grenadier? I am guessing your effective range might be a bit more than the grenadier's. But then I am not a water fowl hunter. But I do have a semi auto Mossy shotty that would be a candidate for said duty.

Brutus Out :gun16:

I want to stay put. I'm in the country but too near I-5 for my comfort. The starving hordes from Salem and Portland are my worry. At my age I can shoot but not run very far.

collapse of the dollar, I have enough fuel stored properly in a secure and a safe location that is rotated annually to get me to my planned location, normally it would be a 9 hr. trip, shtf it would be depending on fast I see it happening it could be 12 to at least a 24 hrs. on the road depends on how fast others seen it and how many 'get between me and my desired location.

I finally left Portland a few months ago after living my entire life on the east side. More than 34 years of that bubblegum is enough. I am now on 6 acres of MY land that I purchased. No loan or mortgage. I am very proud of that, but it takes sacrifice and of course is not a move all can make. I border the Winema NF on 3 sides and have 1 visible neighbor. The Sprague River is across the street. I have my own well and it is very clean. For that we are truly blessed. There is more food and fuel out my back door than I can use. I can get to the towns of Sprague River or Chiloquin within 20 minutes and K. Falls(the BIG city) is 45 or so minutes away.

I guess I couldn't take the brainwashing I had to rid my 9 year old son of. I can't take the way it is ruining my extended family. The city is vile and disgusting. I saw a commercial for "Breaking Amish" Los Angeles" and I couldn't help but think "Those guys are running the wrong way".

Here I am free. My property tax is my only leash and while I will sign the check grudgingly, it is a small price to pay to rid myself of all the other TRASH. There is no "bugging out" from here. If we had to run into the woods it would be simply as a true "last stand". We will never be foolish enough to run TOWARD a metropolitan area in a time of crisis or otherwise.

I've been contemplating what shotgun load would settle the hash of your wine bottle grenadiers??? What do you think a nice 3 inch magnum steel goose load would do to a wine bottle, accelerant and its grenadier? I am guessing your effective range might be a bit more than the grenadier's. But then I am not a water fowl hunter. But I do have a semi auto Mossy shotty that would be a candidate for said duty.

I would lead towards the B, BB, BBB or T loads for that task Brutus due to the larger shot size and velocity (put down power) out to about 50-60 yds. It works great on Canadian Geese!!!

I would lead towards the B, BB, BBB or T loads for that task Brutus due to the larger shot size and velocity (put down power) out to about 50-60 yds. It works great on Canadian Geese!!!

Call me twisted but I was more looking to shatter the molotov with a nice wide pattern and watch said grenadier self immolate.

Might have to set up some powered targets sometime and test the theory out!

Brutus Out.

Brutus

I finally left Portland a few months ago after living my entire life on the east side. More than 34 years of that bubblegum is enough. I am now on 6 acres of MY land that I purchased. No loan or mortgage. I am very proud of that, but it takes sacrifice and of course is not a move all can make. I border the Winema NF on 3 sides and have 1 visible neighbor.

While I was living in a similar type surrounding a few years back, I scouted a few routes for E&E for just in case I was to get over run and had to re-group and re-take my home. Having a family you may find a couple of hard to get places to meet up in such a situation. Also caching a few essentials may also be considered.

Call me twisted but I was more looking to shatter the molotov with a nice wide pattern and watch said grenadier self immolate.

Might have to set up some powered targets sometime and test the theory out!

Brutus Out.

Brutus

Yep, it is best to know what different loads do on paper!!! Good luck & try not to talk your most simple mined friend into modeling with a moltov cocktail while attepting to pattern the shot!!! LOL

What would force you to leave your home..

...and head for your cabin in the mountains?

What are some scenarios that would force you to leave the city and go into the mountains?

THE WEEKEND

Jeeze really? I always planned on whippin' out my Colt and popping' those bottles from the hip while casually lighting a freshly rolled cigarette with my off hand!:gun19:

Ever have five granddaughters under six years old over for a four day stay? I live way up in the mountains and always planned on bugging in, but THAT forced me to jump into the Mini winnebago and bug out on day two. I love em to dearly, but all of em at once? I think I would rather eat the arse out of a pan fried road killed skunk than face that again.

Zombie hoards, commie invasion, Hillary for president,, you name it, nothing can make a sane man run "lemming like" blindly over a very high precipice faster:s0001:;)

Some might look at it as a target rich environment and wouldn't bug out till the home stash of ammo starts to run low or the looters shot dead on your lawn start to stink too bad to stay.... :s0112:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top