JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Maybe this is what Tina is putting her wife in charge of.

Lars said today that Tina's wife now has a position in the Kotek administration and she has her own staff.

How does this ban home gardening?
It doesn't ban home gardening specifically, and for the record the few times I've watched pinball his lack of critical information is maddening, he just spouts talking points and mumbo jumbo and clears his throat every 12 seconds.
To be clear, the gestapo aka state government is sending cease and desist letters to small farms, hobby farms, berry growers etc. More bureaucratic BS and hassle from big bro! Will add link to info when I find it again.

Pretty expensive milk by the way, a share of $104 entitles you to 1 gallon per week of milk.
That's $104/month! Below is from their website.

Monthly share prices:

• Whole share: $104 per month giving you one gallon per week of milk.
OK, well, when reading your first post, there was no indication of any timeframe on that share of $104. I just assumed it was a yearly thing, since that's how most shares that I have dealt with work (irrigation water, CSA farm produce, etc.). So yeah, that $104/month works out to $24/gallon milk. That is expensive...

Maybe OHA can spot this illegal grow...

Screenshot 2024-03-25 at 4.50.49 PM.png

It doesn't ban home gardening specifically, and for the record the few times I've watched pinball his lack of critical information is maddening, he just spouts talking points and mumbo jumbo and clears his throat every 12 seconds.
To be clear, the gestapo aka state government is sending cease and desist letters to small farms, hobby farms, berry growers etc. More bureaucratic BS and hassle from big bro! Will add link to info when I find it again.
^this seems to accurately sum up this whole story.

If I read right, there wasn't any law that got passed, this was a state agency overstepping their authority. That in itself -is- a big deal worth talking about but the original subject really led us down the wrong path.
(lame joke warning) ...and here I thought I was gonna have to order an 80% ghost garden this year. Whew.

It sounds like a lawsuit has been filed to assure Oregon doesn't decide to try this again since they refused to admit they were in the wrong.

And if your property has been deemed a wetland, and in much of oregon it easily can be, prima nocta for you!
The potholes in your driveway have been deemed navigable waterways, and you will be required to immediately stop using your driveway and build a boat ramp of sufficient size so the USCG can launch a
30' river patrol boat into them…. after you've purchased the minimum required insurance, and all the appropriate permits, which will require an environmental impact study…. which will take about 5yrs to complete. Until then your driveway may not be accessed until full compliance with all the applicable regulations.

Last Edited:
^this seems to accurately sum up this whole story.

If I read right, there wasn't any law that got passed, this was a state agency overstepping their authority. That in itself -is- a big deal worth talking about but the original subject really led us down the wrong path.
(lame joke warning) ...and here I thought I was gonna have to order an 80% ghost garden this year. Whew.

It sounds like a lawsuit has been filed to assure Oregon doesn't decide to try this again since they refused to admit they were in the wrong.

Ima start a small dairy operation and called it, "FAFO Farms".

The potholes in your driveway have been deemed navigable waterways, and you will be required to immediately stop using your driveway and build a boat ramp of sufficient size so the USCG can launch a
30' river patrol boat into them…. after you've purchased the minimum required insurance all the appropriate permits which will require an environmental impact study…. which will take about 5yrs to complete. Until then your driveway may not be accessed until full compliance with all the applicable regulations.
That is not far off from what Cali tried to do to some farmer down there. They said the standing water in his tilled cropland was a marsh for the week it was wet after a torrential rain, and that qualified it to the full protection due to any other marshland including have him restore it to a "year round" wetland (which it never was). He even asked them how he was supposed to make it a year round wetland when most of the land was on the side of a hill and the only reason it retained water at all was because of his use of the recommended practice of "contouring" to reduce runoff. . .

That is not far off from what Cali tried to do to some farmer down there. They said the standing water in his tilled cropland was a marsh for the week it was wet after a torrential rain, and that qualified it to the full protection due to any other marshland including have him restore it to a "year round" wetland (which it never was). He even asked them how he was supposed to make it a year round wetland when most of the land was on the side of a hill and the only reason it retained water at all was because of his use of the recommended practice of "contouring" to reduce runoff. . .
CURSES, we've been out terraced again!!

:s0118:

Looks like at least half of these enforcement right now are related to that, at least as far as far as some of these news articles relate it. They are saying the state has a 5000Gal/Day (or less) exemption for commercial well extraction, but all of a sudden they state is saying that that does not apply for irrigation purposes and is trying to get small commercial farms (~1 acre or less) to either close or pay for water rights.

. . . there is no stated exemption in the law, so how they figure commercial farm use is exempt is beyond me. . .

Looks like at least half of these enforcement right now are related to that, at least as far as far as some of these news articles relate it. They are saying the state has a 5000Gal/Day (or less) exemption for commercial well extraction, but all of a sudden they state is saying that that does not apply for irrigation purposes and is trying to get small commercial farms (~1 acre or less) to either close or pay for water rights.

. . . there is no stated exemption in the law, so how they figure commercial farm use is exempt is beyond me. . .
Because it depends on what the definition of, "is" is.

Lawyerese weasel-words. :rolleyes:

If you want to see something scary, look up "water culture." That is a society where water is so scarce that it's supply can be controlled by the government. A Water Culture is extremely stable and long-lasting, because any opposition can be effectively be completely cut off from water.

Water is Life.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads