JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
You guy see this, passed in 2021 but now going into effect the State is now basically shutting down all food production in the state unless you obtain a permit after meeting all the states NEW requirements!
View: https://youtu.be/RtV45dTpfUk?si=Clt3Ro4WGtQ1QaBD

I the state is really cracking down on farming and home gardening, restricting water use and collection, and fining, arresting, shutting down any operation, this isn't going to end well!

I'm not at all surprised. Just another case of liberal government following the ideology that the state should control all means of production. If you live in a "blue" state, you'd better get used to it. Washington has been trying to crawl up my a55 for decades saying they "need" to put a meter on my well so they can see how much water the ranch uses. They, of course, claim it's strictly for informational purposes, and they would "never" attempt to restrict or charge me for usage... which they can't do because the property was deeded to my family by the Federal Government in 1852 under the Donation Land Claim Act of 1850, and the documentation clearly grants "full and unfettered" water and mineral rights. We've been to court several times, and they just can't get it through their heads that my water usage is none of their business.

How does this ban home gardening?
I made this for another thread, but it fits here just as well ;)

the clicks I need for my channel.jpg

How does this ban home gardening?
It is a water regulation issue and a bad interpretation issue. If any area of a property has a rock or gravel pathway to a farm building such as a shed, barn, or coop, it can be regulated as a CAFO per .Gov interpretation.

All groundwater in OR is public. You can't irrigate or water animals with it without a permit.

I know the media is against doing your own research, but JFC, it isn't that hard...

Trying to regulate well water? Give me a break. It goes right back into the soil.

From the article:
This is Oak Song Farm, a property located off Lorane Highway near Eugene, with just over half an acre dedicated to agriculture.

For seven years, del Campo has used well water to grow vegetables here, which she's sold at farmers markets and to her neighbors. She said that's been her primary source of income.

However, everything changed last September. That's when Oak Song Farm received a letter from the regional office of the Oregon Water Resources Department. It was a notification that the farm couldn't irrigate its commercial crops without a water right.

Trying to regulate well water? Give me a break. It goes right back into the soil.

From the article:
This is Oak Song Farm, a property located off Lorane Highway near Eugene, with just over half an acre dedicated to agriculture.

For seven years, del Campo has used well water to grow vegetables here, which she's sold at farmers markets and to her neighbors. She said that's been her primary source of income.

However, everything changed last September. That's when Oak Song Farm received a letter from the regional office of the Oregon Water Resources Department. It was a notification that the farm couldn't irrigate its commercial crops without a water right.
It's been regulated for 115 years more or less, and hers isn't a home garden, which was the title of this tread and the video. if there's an issue it seems to me it's with the systemic nature of the state pretending to be for the little guy and the 'honest folk' of Oregon but cutting massive backroom sweetheart deals and secret exemptions for big companies and corporations

Also something that has been going on for at least 115 years, more or less

I know the media is against doing your own research, but JFC, it isn't that hard...
Its not anyones job to prove someone elses point.

JFC its not hard to share the law you already know of. I cant find any law that says I cant grow a home garden.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top