JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I made it through the trailer but as trailers go it was pretty confusing and it sounds like the rest of the movie is as well, so I'll pass.
I presume like most of the "Block-Buster" movies of the past ten years or so. All special effects, real loud, and you can't hear dialog unless your finger is on the volume button to turn it up and down constantly. Oh yeah, writers/directors that suck at writing/directing.

Folks here don't seem to realize that this movie is based on a book, which I read several years ago. It follows the book fairly closely, with bits of Hollywood-ism thrown in here and there. I don't care who is attached to a film if it's well acted, engaging, and requires a bit of thought or inspires conversation... but this one is a bit of an odd duck. Lots of creative camerawork, cool visuals and effects, and legitimate initial unease/dread with quality acting. That being said, the dialogue wore out its welcome and the story took a bit of a nosedive at the halfway point (same as the book, although that was more fleshed out and didn't rush).

Good movie or not, it's a bit sad that hundreds of copy/paste negative reviews were posted by people simply due to the ex-political figures loosely attached to the film, people that never gave it a chance or read the novel.

6/10, still better than "Transformers" drivel.

Here's a movie recommendation as a reward for reading this far... Dragged Across Concrete.

P.S. It might not be as riveting and interesting as Kingfishers and other feathered fauna but a laugh emoji still seems a bit unnecessary. ;)

Last Edited:
I presume like most of the "Block-Buster" movies of the past ten years or so. All special effects, real loud, and you can't hear dialog unless your finger is on the volume button to turn it up and down constantly. Oh yeah, writers/directors that suck at writing/directing.
All of the high-end OPB documentaries discussing the various sciences have music way louder than the narrator rendering them perfectly unwatchable yet a screeching talking caterpillar is understandable.
Objective achieved.

All of the high-end OPB documentaries discussing the various sciences have music way louder than the narrator rendering them perfectly unwatchable yet a screeching talking caterpillar is understandable.
Objective achieved.
It sounds like folks have poor quality surround sound systems or are relying on horrid built-in TV speakers to enjoy film and television :rolleyes:

Here's a movie recommendation as a reward for reading this far... Dragged Across Concrete.
I already saw that. Interesting enough to keep me watching it to the end, but ultimately not satisfying. I think that was because I wanted to like the two lead characters, but they were not honorable men. I can't remember if there were any characters I liked, could relate to, or respected.

….as stupid as the movie itself was, maybe I'm the real dummy here for not only starting the movie…….but watching it in it's entirety until it's witless end….. 🙄

…….the only part that made any sense at all was watching all those overpriced driverless vehicles crash into each other incessantly …….

……..but why, oh why did I sit there for two hours and twenty minutes watching it at all? 😵‍💫
And that is 2 hours 20 minutes you will never get back! Along with what must be the death of NUMEROUS brain cells.

My apologies, I evidently I laid down an epithet in this thread and have no idea what it was or why I would have done that for this lame movie. The movie sucked like a turbocharged Kirby and I miss Julia from Pretty Woman days.

I already saw that. Interesting enough to keep me watching it to the end, but ultimately not satisfying. I think that was because I wanted to like the two lead characters, but they were not honorable men. I can't remember if there were any characters I liked, could relate to, or rerespected
I understand when folks say they don't like it when there are no likable characters. I'm a bit odd in that I like bleak movies with no clear cut hero; just flawed people in a flawed world.

My apologies, I evidently I laid down an epithet in this thread and have no idea what it was or why I would have done that for this lame movie. The movie sucked like a turbocharged Kirby and I miss Julia from Pretty Woman days.
I found her acting in this to be far superior to her early days when she was seen as just a sex symbol, but then again I'm not a huge fan (she's notoriously difficult to work with). Mahershala Ali steals the show, honestly.

1704341749046.png

It sounds like folks have poor quality surround sound systems or are relying on horrid built-in TV speakers to enjoy film and television :rolleyes:
Having been partially deaf (almost entirely in the range of human speech, but normal in higher and lower frequencies) for my entire life, I have found that movie "background" music overwhelms dialogue almost every time, even with hearing aids. Admittedly, this is because of my handicap, but quality of the sound system is never a factor. It is the choice of the editors, and they are following a trend that has been building for decades.

Perhaps it is a result of studies that have determined that the "mood" music subliminal effects are more effective than the dialogue. At any rate, it is clear that the music has achieved a status greater than the dialogue.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top