JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
That's from the shooters justification statement...not necessarily reliable...but could be true.
Consider this, it this was an attractive 16 year old girl would she have been shot?
Fault totally still lies with the kid as he should know that blacks shouldn't ring doorbells in white neighborhoods, jog in white neighnorhoods etc as there are just too many armed white racists that think any black person is there to rob them, or rape their family. Best bet is to just do a little "clean up" before they get the chance.
I'm not saying the kid is lying, but you're taking his story more readily. It's a "he said she said" situation, but some are only taking one story.

If you trust the initial news, then George Zimmerman was a racist bigot that shot a poor young man minding his own business.

If you trust the initial news, Kyle Rittenhouse was a racist murderer.
That one with Zimmerman was REAL interesting. First media edited the 911 call. Then when they were cornered on how they had edited it to make him sound racist they gave a real lame excuse that it was an accident. Next they took to calling him a "white hispanic" That was one of the best ones I had ever heard them pull. Notice they were not calling the POTUS who said the dead thug looked like his son would a "white african". Media does this because a large percentage will support them doing it. :(

That one with Zimmerman was REAL interesting. First media edited the 911 call. Then when they were cornered on how they had edited it to make him sound racist they gave a real lame excuse that it was an accident. Next they took to calling him a "white hispanic" That was one of the best ones I had ever heard them pull. Notice they were not calling the POTUS who said the dead thug looked like his son would a "white african". Media does this because a large percentage will support them doing it. :(
Which is why I take whatever the media says with a grain of salt. Any who trust the media completely are blissfully ignorant.

Just as the media drips out a little more I was reading that the 16 year old kid was knocking on a door 6 miles from where he was supposed to pick up his siblings. So much for public education. o_O

Six miles is the other side of town in my town. :confused:

Why is no one on this forum talking about this?

Black teen sent to pick up his younger brothers from friend's house mistakes 115th St with 115th Terrace, rings doorbell at wrong house, and is shot in the head through the storm door by the white home-owner with seemingly no words exchanged, followed by a second shot once he is on the ground. Teen manages to get to neighboring houses looking for help, where he is denied help at at least one residence and only finally has emergency services called for him after being told to lie on the ground with his hands up.

I hadn't heard about it personally. With so many crimes across every state to choose from, media has to collaborate and pick the one's to get traction.

The young victim says, he doesn't believe it was racially motivated. Not good enough for the mob on both sides. Seems to me shooting thru a door, without a lot of reasons, is stupid.

I'm old enough to remember a time in America where we waited for the justice system to fail before people rioted. Now everything is riot first, get details later.

I carry concealed every day, but it's a weapon of very last resort, not my first go to when I feel threatened or merely uncertain.

I'm not yet 84, but you could argue I live in a high crime city.
So as I asked in my first post- ii it were your teenager accidentally ringing my doorbell, or approaching me when I'm working in my garage or when I'm loading groceries into my car and my first response was to shoot them in the head because I "felt threatened" you'd be thinking that was probably reasonable use of lethal force?

I applaud those who defend themselves from real and genuine threats, but this and the killing of Kaylin Gillis, are just f**ked up.
They're those who love guns, those who passionately hate guns, but the largely ambivalent center ground is moving against us because of dumb gun owner bubblegum like this that reinforces the idea that gun owners are ignorant, callous morons.

Just as the media drips out a little more I was reading that the 16 year old kid was knocking on a door 6 miles from where he was supposed to pick up his siblings. So much for public education. o_O

Six miles is the other side of town in my town. :confused:
False - he was a block away. Google map it.

I hadn't heard about it personally. With so many crimes across every state to choose from, media has to collaborate and pick the one's to get traction.

The young victim says, he doesn't believe it was racially motivated. Not good enough for the mob on both sides. Seems to me shooting thru a door, without a lot of reasons, is stupid.

I'm old enough to remember a time in America where we waited for the justice system to fail before people rioted. Now everything is riot first, get details later.
Justice ? Did the homeowner establish anything before deciding to try and execute the teen ?

Justice ? Did the homeowner establish anything before deciding to try and execute the teen ?
I'm not condoning the shooting, but if we take the police report of, "it's 10pm and a large male is trying to open the door" what would your response be?

Again, I do not answer my door for this reason.

I carry concealed every day, but it's a weapon of very last resort, not my first go to when I feel threatened or merely uncertain.

I'm not yet 84, but you could argue I live in a high crime city.
So as I asked in my first post- ii it were your teenager accidentally ringing my doorbell, or approaching me when I'm working in my garage or when I'm loading groceries into my car and my first response was to shoot them in the head because I "felt threatened" you'd be thinking that was probably reasonable use of lethal force?

I applaud those who defend themselves from real and genuine threats, but this and the killing of Kaylin Gillis, are just f**ked up.
They're those who love guns, those who passionately hate guns, but the largely ambivalent center ground is moving against us because of dumb gun owner bubblegum like this that reinforces the idea that gun owners are ignorant, callous morons.
You can't shoot someone for walking up to you….. I don't care how you feel. Certain elements have to be present to validate the use of deadly force.

But we also can't jump to conclusions without ALL the facts. Not feelings.

It's in the grand jury's hands now. If it goes to trial then Lester will have an opportunity to explain his decision if he wants to.

It worked out for KR maybe Lester can learn from his testimony.

Why is no one on this forum talking about this?

Black teen sent to pick up his younger brothers from friend's house mistakes 115th St with 115th Terrace, rings doorbell at wrong house, and is shot in the head through the storm door by the white home-owner with seemingly no words exchanged, followed by a second shot once he is on the ground. Teen manages to get to neighboring houses looking for help, where he is denied help at at least one residence and only finally has emergency services called for him after being told to lie on the ground with his hands up.

Maybe because the premise as stated is pretty difficult to believe? I'd like to find out more about the facts before weighing in on this one.
Of course the MSM is doing a full court press with Crump in tow and everyone is screaming racism before knowing all the facts. SOP.

Status

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top