JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Exactly. On NBC news this morning there is a story about a 20 year-old white woman that got shot by a 65 year-old man in upstate NY when her friend pulled into a rural driveway. Do we need a thread for that as well?
Maybe we do, because it might not be a bad idea to discuss the bad stuff as well as the heroic saves.
That was another case of an idiot making a stupid decision to walk out of his door and start shooting at someone without any idea of who they were or why they were there.

Here's a clip from the police report… was any of it mentioned in any "research sources"?

View attachment 1406863

On the rare occasions I have to knock on some stranger's door that's not expecting me, I knock them stand back a ways so that I can been seen and present as less a threat as possible…. let alone try the bubblegumming door handle, storm door or otherwise.

I'm still not making up my mind on this one.
Agreed. How does op, @asiparks, @Oya interpret this?

Here's a clip from the police report… was any of it mentioned in any "research sources"?

View attachment 1406863

On the rare occasions I have to knock on some stranger's door that's not expecting me, I knock them stand back a ways so that I can been seen and present as less a threat as possible…. let alone try the bubblegumming door handle, storm door or otherwise.

*then
:D

Last Edited:
Better question is why is OP posting racially charged threads? Every time race is brought up, the thread ends up being a mess and winds up getting closed down.

Stir the pot much???

Note: I have no issue with discussing gun incidents w/o the race factor.

View attachment 1406863

I saw this earlier and it made me think about my 84 year-old mom. She has the same setup - wood door with glass storm door. If she opened the wood door and some big dude was pulling at the storm door to get in... Well, she's about 5' 2" and weighs nearly 110 pounds. I'd recommend a mag dump before the storm door is breached. I wouldn't really care about someone else's opinion that there is "no circumstance" to justify shooting someone through a door. That's what a good lawyer (oxymoron?) is for.

Maybe we do, because it might not be a bad idea to discuss the bad stuff as well as the heroic saves.
That was another case of an idiot making a stupid decision to walk out of his door and start shooting at someone without any idea of who they were or why they were there.
I think the problem there is, man there is just too much stupid stuff going on to discuss each and every one of them.

I saw this earlier and it made me think about my 84 year-old mom. She has the same setup - wood door with glass storm door. If she opened the wood door and some big dude was pulling at the storm door to get in... Well, she's about 5' 2" and weighs nearly 110 pounds. I'd recommend a mag dump before the storm door is breached. I wouldn't really care about someone else's opinion that there is "no circumstance" to justify shooting someone through a door. That's what a good lawyer (oxymoron?) is for.
Pretty much what a cop told my mom. But he added that she should have one of her boys drag bg across the threshold at least a little.

Something to consider here....

Being a Klan member...or even being racist ain't against the law.

Not saying that it is a good idea to be either or that I adhere to either of the two.
Nor am I saying that I agree with being one or the other.

The above is in bold and italic...'cause I do know that some folks on here love to read into posts.

I am saying that one may be either or anything else for that matter ....and that being one or the other , or anything else is no reason to convict someone of a crime , on that fact or basis alone.
Andy
Edit to remove a unneeded "is"...oops....blaming my cold.... :D

Last Edited:
Agreed. How does op, @asiparks, @Oya interpret this?
I don't interpret it- it's part of a statement from the homeowner. It'll be determined true or false during trial.
Assuming it's true, I still don't believe that the immediate response, with a door still between us, is to shoot without saying a word.

What we have here are, "victims of statistics" on both sides of the equation, meaning both the old guy and the black guy.

And then there's this:

But the left wing extremists won't be salivating over this story because there isn't a race element to put them in their usual Pavlovian mode.
Beat me to this post. Let me fix the OP:

Black teen sent to pick up his younger brothers from friend's house mistakes 115th St with 115th Terrace, rings doorbell at wrong house, and is shot in the head through the storm door by the white home-owner with seemingly no words exchanged while he was apparently trying to open the exterior storm door. (Lester told police he fired immediately after answering the doorbell when he saw 16-year-old ralph pulling on an exterior door handle, according to the probable cause document.) followed by a second shot once he is on the ground. (Waiting on proof details for this, but possible.) Teen manages to get to neighboring houses looking for help, where neighbors fearing for their safety after hearing gunshots stay inside he is denied help at at least one residence and only finally has emergency services called for him after allegedly being told to lie on the ground with his hands up.

Perhaps he was just taking the advice from the fearless leader of gun haters of America:
"Well, you know, my shotgun will do better for you than your AR-15, because you want to keep someone away from your house, just fire the shotgun through the door."
Joe Biden 2013

Tactically speaking, don't go to your door at night. Call the police if they do not go away. Have video cameras to watch your perimeter to make sure they leave or see where they are at. Place yourself in a good position in your home. Have good doors and locks.

Why is no one on this forum talking about this?
You make no point after this statement other than to post something from the ultra conservative NPR with obvious implications this was all about race.

I don't interpret it- it's part of a statement from the homeowner. It'll be determined true or false during trial.
Assuming it's true, I still don't believe that the immediate response, with a door still between us, is to shoot without saying a word.
So how is that different then the statement from the "victim"?

Exactly. On NBC news this morning there is a story about a 20 year-old white woman that got shot by a 65 year-old man in upstate NY when her friend pulled into a rural driveway. Do we need a thread for that as well?
Someone already beat ya to it…..

Someone already beat ya to it…..

Yeah. Yeah. I picked that up from post #51. :( :oops: :oops:

The really sad part is, I read the whole thread before I posted anything. It's tough getting old. :s0092: CRS (Can't Remember Shtuff) sucks.

:s0140:

So consider that someone you don't know at 10pm at night is pulling on your door handle to get into your house.
That's from the shooters justification statement...not necessarily reliable...but could be true.
Consider this, it this was an attractive 16 year old girl would she have been shot?
Fault totally still lies with the kid as he should know that blacks shouldn't ring doorbells in white neighborhoods, jog in white neighnorhoods etc as there are just too many armed white racists that think any black person is there to rob them, or rape their family. Best bet is to just do a little "clean up" before they get the chance.

People are gunna kill eachother. They started with rocks (Cain and Able).

And with how on edge everyone is in this country, along with the confusion, distrust, uncontrollable emotions, and a president who is pushing for division are we really surprised…….

Do what you can. Train. Carry a gun everywhere. Cause the probability of running into an emotionally unstable and fearful individual (left, center, or right) armed with a weapon is rising by the day.

Stay frosty friends.

Yeah. Yeah. I picked that up from post #51. :( :oops: :oops:

The really sad part is, I read the whole thread before I posted anything. It's tough getting old. :s0092: CRS (Can't Remember Shtuff) sucks.

:s0140:
Just another click bait thread.

Status

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA