JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

City Of Portland CHL Holders: What is your preferred EDC ? And why?

• Glock 19 9mm

• Glock 26 9mm

• Glock 43 or 48 9mm

• Kimber Micro 9 or Ultra Carry 9mm

• Springfield Armory XD / XDS 9mm (original / mod.2)

• Ruger (LC9 / Security 9) 9mm

• Kahr CM9 9mm

• Walther (PPS, PPQ, PPQSC, CCP) 9mm

• Sig (P365, P938) 9mm

• Other : Please describe in comments

Results are only viewable after voting.
I carry a Beretta Nano (BU9) 9mm, micro-compact, 8+1 extended mags. Hornady Critical Defense Lite ammo, Crossbreed kydex holster, Galloway grip-tape, Crimson Trace laser, Trijicon night-sights, and a DPM Systems spring kit for lighter recoil.

View attachment 563018

The whole package, holster, laser, fully loaded, etc. weighs 1lb 12oz. A quick glance at the specs, and it's smaller and lighter than the XDS. Fits well, even in my big hands. Thin, light, great shooter. I carry AIWB and doesn't print at all, even in light clothing. The Nano can be had new for under $400. Also has several choices of frame colors that are easily swapped out. I've tried conceal/carry with a few pistols and found this one to be the best for me over-all.

Ah, I see in hindsight that you already bought a Glock. Oh well, I'll leave the info up for anyone else that might be interested.

Frank in Hillsboro

I really like that gun. Range buddy has one and while it is slightly smaller, it's marginally heavier than the XDS with a 7+1 configuration. However it holds one more round, and the CT offered for it much nicer than the one for the XDS. The deciding factor for me - and many others - was how it felt. The Glocks are nice, and I do keep them in the rotation - but nowhere near as ergonomic as the XDS, and I prefer grip safety when carrying a hot chamber alongside me peter :D

When I take public transportation to work from Vancouver to downtown Portland, I carry my G27 with a spare 13-round mag. At work I carry my duty weapon, a G23 with multiple spare mags.

Heard loud and clear on that. I carry the largest capacity I can conceal in downtown Portland (usually G26 (12+1) and a spare 15 mag). Both SE and SW sides are getting bad. It has become an ever-deteriorating wasteland.

Heard loud and clear on that. I carry the largest capacity I can conceal in downtown Portland (usually G26 (12+1) and a spare 15 mag). Both SE and SW sides are getting bad. It has become an ever-deteriorating wasteland.

I started on the MAX and I quickly learned after a few encounters that the bus is the way to go. Now when I am actually working I have to deal with the crazies and nutjobs. I breathe a sigh of relief when I clock out and make it back over the border to WA.

Back in '05, I used to live in the Alphabet District, specifically near Couch Park. Circa 2010 - after one too many interactions with these kooks I decided to carry a PepperBlaster IWB from that point on...ended up using it shortly after, unfortunately. A man attacked me an my girlfriend with a pitchfork, and kept attacking others after. We ran from him. PPB arrived - but without any sense of urgency. Never found the guy.

Time went on and it became worse and worse until I moved to inner SE, which is now slowly worsening. The feral homeless are my biggest fear here - and never in my life have I felt so threatened. Growing up in NYC I have seen some pretty bad stuff - but nothing like the homeless / methamphetamine situation in Portland. I frequently travel by bike and having a gun in my jersey/chest holster is something I never though I had to do. Especially on the Esplanade/Corridor. Alas, times have changed, haven't they....how do you like your 365? I think SIG makes one of the best factory triggers.

The 365 is carry perfection for me.

I started with a G26, and it is just too fat. The 365 holds 10+1 and is still comfortable to carry. I haven't found a sub compact with a better trigger yet.

People hate on Sig for rushing their product, and yeah the 365 was rushed, but they have made progress. And like any carry piece, you need to run it through its paces before carrying it anyway. I have tested my 365 thoroughly and I trust my life with it, mim firing pin and all.

The 365 is carry perfection for me.

I started with a G26, and it is just too fat. The 365 holds 10+1 and is still comfortable to carry. I haven't found a sub compact with a better trigger yet.

People hate on Sig for rushing their product, and yeah the 365 was rushed, but they have made progress. And like any carry piece, you need to run it through its paces before carrying it anyway. I have tested my 365 thoroughly and I trust my life with it, mim firing pin and all.

The G26 is rather fat - prefer my XDS9 or the G43X. You're right - Sig has the nicest OEM trigger in the subcompact class without question. While the subject of OEM triggers...My Glocks need to be shot more, and probably have some aftermarket kits installed...(ZEV/APEX). Sig comes from the factory without any modifications needed to what I consider the most integral part of the gun (besides of course it's safety mechanisms.) That is a huge win in my book and a very strong selling point.

I love my XDS9 but the OEM trigger was trash. Sent it off to Powder River Precision in Baker City -had them overhaul the entire thing - now it shoots like a dream. ($350 later). The 365 is without a doubt a nice gun - I've fired almost all of the Sig P series and am strongly considering one, came quite close to buying one at the last gun show, just need to slim the collection down a bit first. o_O

I work in Portland, behind enemy lines..... I actually EDC three guns.

-Main carry is my Beretta 92FS-G Compact. Extended threaded barrel with a flash hider :) Two 13, one 17, and one 20 round mags. Pistol holds an 18 rounder and one in the chamber of course.

-I have a XDM 9mm and it's the compact one. Two 19 round mags and a 15 round mag (I think it's 15 rounds, might be a 13 rounder).

-I also carry a Ruger LCP .380 as backup. Two factory extended mags.

I don't carry all the above mentioned guns at once.... rarely do I carry two at a time but I am always close to the other two.

For a while I was carrying an AR15 pistol Aero 7.5 inch 5.56/.223 but after a while it became a bit too much lol. When I carried the AR, I had my G19 as backup. Before the AR pistol, I used to carry a Stag M4.

Some of you may know what I do for work and most probably don't. Honestly I don't wanna say what I do lol. I am not LE fyi :)

Have you all seen the new Springfield Hellcat?
SpringfieldArmory-1024x537.png

I threw-over my XDS for a Shield and landed on a Walther PPS... First it was. 40 "Classic" and later an M2 9mm, I still own and carry both regularly. The XDS was a bit bigger and the Sheild wasn't even a close second when it came to build quality... I may have had a bad one, a lot of people carry and LOVE them (both).

A P99c gets daily cold weather carry due to it's fantastic trigger and mediocre capacity. Yeah, it's been surpassed a few times and may be considered a relic by some but it works for me in a Clinger No-Print-Wonder.

Concealed is all that matters. So some Anti-gunner doesn't see it and launch a hatefully frivolous red flag or brandishing accusation. Portland is tragically controlled and abused by oxygen bandits, ruining it for others who'd simply like to mind their own business, be left alone and enjoy living there.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top