JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Beretta is still offering a $50 rebate for the A1 Carry, but out of what I've heard, they like to sit on the rebate request and/or turn it down without notifying the owner.

The biggest problem with the A1 Carry is that spare magazines haven't' been available for it for over a year (I've seen one on eBay offered for $200!).

The next biggest problem is that, according to knowledgeable sources, the gun is technically NOT an APX; its mechanism is different.

The third problematic issue is that there are way too many A1 Carry models, but the buyer is not informed about the differences; a major one is that the front sight cannot be replaced by the user, because it would require gunsmithing.

Finally, the finish on the A1 Carry has been reported to be such poor quality that simply holstering/unholstering the gun a few times, it starts wearing off, which Beretta considers "normal tear and wear," although I haven't seen a finish that bad in my life, and even small players like Hi-Point offer better warranty coverage. If you have a problem with a Beretta, you send it in, and if Beretta determines it's not covered under warranty (which is nearly always relative), you are liable to foot the total bill.

Why is Beretta selling a gun that it doesn't support even by selling extra magazines?

I imagine Beretta still sell it because people still buy it, for whatever reason. I don't see any reason why the A1 carry is being chosen over the multitude of other options out there.

Beretta also has the PMX which they released last year, and the only place you could buy mags for almost 9 months was through their UK store. The fact that they are willing to release a gun and not provide magazines to the largest market out there, is shocking to say the least.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top