JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

City Of Portland CHL Holders: What is your preferred EDC ? And why?

• Glock 19 9mm

• Glock 26 9mm

• Glock 43 or 48 9mm

• Kimber Micro 9 or Ultra Carry 9mm

• Springfield Armory XD / XDS 9mm (original / mod.2)

• Ruger (LC9 / Security 9) 9mm

• Kahr CM9 9mm

• Walther (PPS, PPQ, PPQSC, CCP) 9mm

• Sig (P365, P938) 9mm

• Other : Please describe in comments

Results are only viewable after voting.
Reactions
I'm looking for fellow citizens holding a CHL within the city limits of the Port of Portland. Particularly interested in those of you in the metro area like myself. Any and all conversation is greatly appreciated in addition to your vote! Thank you.

Washington Resident w/ OR CCW, when I'm in PDX it's either my G26 mainly due to size, but I've carried my G19 there plenty.

What works for me may not for someone else....what is it you are looking for?

Of course, we are all different. I am looking for a another single stack 9mm EDC that is as thin and compact as the XDS I have already. Double stack prints too heavily on me and I would rather carry ~10 while in the city of Portland.

When I travel to PDX, Seattle or Spokane my EDC gun is a full size Beretta Px4 Storm 9mm and a spare 20 round magazine. If I have to go in the summer I will take my Px4 Compact instead.

I say 'friends don't let fiends carry 9's', yes I am a 40nguy. I have carried XDS in 9, 40, and 45. the holster will work for any one caliber at a time. All my XDS are Mod0
I have carried a LC9s Pro (No external safety) as it will fit in a pocket or IWB, pretty slim. The EC9s has a external safety
I have never tried the little Kahr 9's, but I have a CW-380 that is small and accurate, but picky on ammo, even FMJ. Mine likes UW XTP"s so I know that and use them. A small Kahr 9, that you thoroughly test for proper ammo would be a good choice.
I have two Taurus PT-111 9 MM, a G2 and a G2C, they are not fans of Winchester ammo, but seem happy with everything else. Small double stacks with a external safety
I really carry a XD40 SC Mod 2, and recently bought a M&P40C in 3.6"

Last Edited:
Of course, we are all different. I am looking for a another single stack 9mm EDC that is as thin and compact as the XDS I have already. Double stack prints too heavily on me and I would rather carry ~10 while in the city of Portland.

I carry a commander sized 1911 with two extra mags. 1911's and me get along fairly well. I have an XDS I am trying to love and more recently I am learning to love S&W revolvers since those may be all we're left with...

*edit- the 1911 is .45, the XDS is .45, and the revolvers are .45 & .357

EDC for me is an M&P Shield 45, with an extra 7 rounder. When heading to Portland, I just add an additional pair of 7 rounders.

If I need more than that, then I wasn't paying attention and got myself into a situation I had no right getting into.

You need to look at the M&P 2.0 Compact (3.6"), negibily larger than the XDs, 15+1 in 9mm...

Thanks! I have yet to go hold it at my local shop, but I will. I like the trigger on these guns. From what I read / see on SW website the slide is rather thin, but the frame is nowhere as thin and short as the XDS - most likely because the XDS is single stack. The M&P is definitely a bit thinner than the XD though.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top