JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just curious about everyone's preference on carry positions for the 43X. Brings I've got a bit of a bit. It does push the portion out of the jeans forward. But working hard to decrease the guy. It both AIWB and OWB holsters. In the OWB I carry at the 3 o'clock. I carry my 2.0 compact appendix no problem. Thank you!

Tier 1 holsters are extremely comfortable. I do not love appendix carry, however, it it's the only way I can carry without printing. I also have Vedder and Crossbreed holsters for a 43 microdagger ported slide with an optic and a 48 mos, also with an optic and a compensator, and both work well, but the Trex beats them. Expensive but it is more comfortable. For what it's worth I'm 5'7" and weigh 155 lbs.

Edited.

If I am going OWB I carry full size.

Tenicor holsters are the only holsters I recommend.

I'm 5'10" and 170ish pounds. I carry a G19 or G17 everyday appendix. I do a lot of driving and moving heavy objects.

Tenicor holster + the Hunter Constantine EDC belt and wrangler cowboy cut jeans and I rarely even notice the fact I'm carrying.

@NU9MM I personally think that smaller guns print more so than compact/full-size guns.
I'm finding that out. I just bought a Glock 43X MOS because I wanted to have that option. I currently have a non-MOS 43X. But there was like 2300 people in the queue so I couldn't bring the gun home I'm just wondering since it has not left the store if I can just swap it out for a Glock 48 MOS.

I'm finding that out. I just bought a Glock 43X MOS because I wanted to have that option. I currently have a non-MOS 43X. But there was like 2300 people in the queue so I couldn't bring the gun home I'm just wondering since it has not left the store if I can just swap it out for a Glock 48 MOS.
Carrying the 43X in a 48 holster should be the equivalent of carrying a 48. I have both a 48 and a 19 (basically the same size) and when wearing the same jeans/t-shirt the 19 conceals better than the 48.

What holster and belt set up are you using?

The first one is for my 2.0's and the others are for the 43X. I have just a buckle cobra belt. The holster for my 2.0 I can get on and off my belt piece of cake the other two I have to take my belt completely out of the pants to get those holsters off my belt..

IMG_3595.jpeg IMG_3594.jpeg IMG_3593.jpeg

That's a question for the store you bought it from. They'd more than likely need to submit a different 4473 because the 48 would have a different serial number. I doubt they'd be nice enough to just swap slides...

I think the 48 is a better choice than the 43x, but I also don't really like the 48. It wishes to be a 19 when it grows up

Worst case scenario, if it is a worst case scenario, I can always just carry the 43X outside the waistband. I really wouldn't have thought much about carrying the 43X of appendix and having it not be as comfortable as my 2.0 compact. But I watched a short video that some gal off of YouTube put out is called the Keel principal and how much more stable you're pistol is an appendix carry with the longer slide and longer holster or IWB period. After I watch that video, it made a whole Lotta sense, so that's why the gears in my brain started turning.

Worst case scenario, if it is a worst case scenario, I can always just carry the 43X outside the waistband. I really wouldn't have thought much about carrying the 43X of appendix and having it not be as comfortable as my 2.0 compact. But I watched a short video that some gal off of YouTube put out is called the Keel principal and how much more stable you're pistol is an appendix carry with the longer slide and longer holster or IWB period. After I watch that video, it made a whole Lotta sense, so that's why the gears in my brain started turning.
Longer barrels conceal better the majority of the time simply due to body mechanics.

Like @TTSX said the 48 is kind of pointless (yes I own one) compared to the G19. The capacity you loose for the "decrease" width isn't worth it IMO. Just carry a G19.

If I carry my G48 it's in the same holster I use for all my carry guns. Tenicor Certum3

IMG_4456.jpeg

Last Edited:
Like @TTSX said the 48 is kind of pointless (yes I own one) compared to the G19. The capacity you loose for the "decrease" width isn't worth it IMO. Just carry a G19.
This is how I feel about ALL of the single stack compacts/sub compacts. There's not enough significant pluses to justify what you have to give up. And especially if you add the extended magazines which many people do...at that point the grip becomes G19 sized anyway...or pretty close to it.

Carry Gun: 4.25" M&P Core, with Trijicon 06 red dot, and Apex Flat trigger, in a JM Custom AIWB-WC holster, and an Ares Gear Aegis Enhanced belt.

This is how I feel about ALL of the single stack compacts/sub compacts. There's not enough significant pluses to justify what you have to give up. And especially if you add the extended magazines which many people do...at that point the grip becomes G19 sized anyway...or pretty close to it.

Carry Gun: 4.25" M&P Core, with Trijicon 06 red dot, and Apex Flat trigger, in a JM Custom AIWB-WC holster, and an Ares Gear Aegis Enhanced belt.
Yup.

I got a few of those belts. One is actually listed here. Bomb proof belts.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top