JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I almost wen with a Jennings, The only experience I've ever had with Hi-Point was an unboxing of one of their carbines at the rifle range, it was a Jam-0-matic, Every attempt to load a magazine and chamber a round failed to feed.

I'm glad there are many an inexpensive option for folks of humble means (I have been there myself) to defend themselves.

I judge a gun more by its reliability than the brand or price tag. I have a Ruger LC9 that is 100% reliable. Better than a lot of guns that are double the price point and beyond. Not as easy to shoot as highe priced guns but definitely reliable.

It was meant as an attempt at humor.

I almost wen with a Jennings, The only experience I've ever had with Hi-Point was an unboxing of one of their carbines at the rifle range, it was a Jam-0-matic, Every attempt to load a magazine and chamber a round failed to feed.

It was meant as an attempt at humor.

Humor. Oh that! Got it. With this many readers some people are not going to be amused. There was the time that a the guy that trash talked Taurus when I own 5 of them. :mad:

I never shot a Hi-Point but have had several people talk to me about them. Have looked at them at the store. There seems to be a bunch of them in use that run real well. Sorry you had a bad experience.

That was probably me. Sorry!
But it is still funny!

image.jpeg image.jpeg

And I still want a Taurus 992

I wonder if it is a pistol with a brace and the arresting officers were unfamiliar? Be interesting to see a picture of the offending firearm.
Seems unlikely a firearm guy would flash an illegal firearm knowingly

I suppose it's possible he was both an idiot and exceeding drunk
neither of which is illegal in one's own residence.

Well, I'll confess, I often have a few beers, at home, with my j-frame in my pocket, and often a rifle or two I'm "fixing" in front of me. I do not however call 911 multiple times, answer the door with a rifle when police knock, threaten police, or kick out car windows. I think I am a very responsible irresponsible person. Always enjoyed his brew though.

You guys all judge him based on reports from the media.
One thing I LOVE about our country and constitution is right to trial before a jury of your peers. While I believe, as gun owners, we should have behavior that is beyond reproach, we still need to watch out for our kind. Why? Slippery slope.
Oh sure, I won't shoot with people who are drinking. Never have, never will. Nor do I condone it.
He may already have lots of operating revenue. Still, I'll buy a six pack of his beer to contribute a buck or two to his defense.
Let me see if I understand this...

We are accepting the PORTLAND PD report based on information posted by the fair and balanced PORTLAND NEWS MEDIA just because the open minded MULTNOMAH COUNTY PROSECUTOR decided to throw the book at this moron.

I think with all the gun news we've had recently here (Burns refuge, school shootings, etc) if it was a true SBR the ATF would be involved and there would be more coverage of this automatic machine gun as I'm sure the media would report it in the headlines.
The lack of coverage makes me think this was not that case and the officers were just ignorant.

There has been an update:

http://koin.com/2016/04/07/man-charged-for-repeated-911-calls-over-homeless/

PORTLAND, Ore. (KOIN) – The owner of Base Camp Brewing Company is scheduled to appear in court on Thursday after being indicted by a grand jury on allegations of unlawful possession of a short-barreled rifle, second-degree criminal mischief, and improper use of an emergency reporting system.

Justin Mark Fay remains out of custody on bail.

During Fay's trip to the Multnomah County Detention Center, he reportedly kicked on the patrol car's roof, divider, and left rear window, ultimately breaking it out, records show.

Fay is being represented by criminal defense attorney Stephen J. Doyle.

Last Edited:
Outside of calling 911 repeatedly what crime was committed? Now you can't have a loaded firearm in your house? While not wise I hate it when only the police are allowed to feel safe. If it turns out that this was an AR pistol and not an unregistered SBR he may not be in too much trouble. I've learned not to put a lot in media reports lately. Especially when guns are involved.
Threatening the police and kicking out a police car window for starters

Yeah, waving a loaded firearm around drunk is probably reckless endangerment at the very least. A charge that might not stick depending but pretty encompassing

Not much of an issue as long as you are drunk solo, soon as the neighbors or cops show up it becomes a problem

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top