JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I do remember cradling my M-14 so it did not get scratched while I was on my back shoveling a bunch of dirt down the back of my collar. I was not to worried about the machineguns (60's were just being fielded so it may have been 1919's getting rid of old ammo), you needed to stand to get hit. I was worried about my rifle, it would be inspected for dirt. I have been shot at in earnest.

Not trying to be a jerk here...just posting my experience....

Not being a jerk at all! I sincerely appreciate you sharing your experiences.

As I said a few posts ago, I have 0 real kowledge. That is why I am here, and why I am signed up for classes, and why I try to pester people in real life as well.

But as you probably know, nothing beats real experience.

If you are comfortable sharing, What was the range where this occurred. What rifle where you using?

A615C98A-270F-41DD-B112-B138CA4481E2.jpeg 742853F5-8DA5-4FCB-8CE1-BE07C2DD82D2.jpeg

Well, thanks to NWFA classifieds and a couple of members, I am now a little more mission essential. I'm hoping to give the Mk AR a workout later this week.

We had a kid in basic training that thought he was the bomb because he played paint ball and had a leg up on a lot of us. When it came time for live fire exercises he would freak out.

At the end of basic they made us low crawl under Constantine wire while live firing 60's over our head. This particular kid freaked out again and jumped up through the wire getting shot. Live fire is different and you won't understand until your there. And that was just training.

Damn that is heavy.

What would you suggest for training? Even simunitions don't make enough noise to really get the shock factor.

We had a kid in basic training that thought he was the bomb because he played paint ball and had a leg up on a lot of us. When it came time for live fire exercises he would freak out.

At the end of basic they made us low crawl under Constantine wire while live firing 60's over our head. This particular kid freaked out again and jumped up through the wire getting shot. Live fire is different and you won't understand until your there. And that was just training.

That's a "no crap" statement if I ever heard one.

but I train like I used to, as often as I can, and I am always willing to share and pass on what I learned and use, I believe it's a part of continuing to serve by sharing knolage with folks that can benefit!

I would train with you. I can bring steel targets and I will also drive.

So what your saying Andy is you want us to build you a rifle .
That doesn't require you to jam the bullets down the barrel .MMMMM think I have at least half a AR IN MY SAFE RIGHT NOW
Here you go all I need is a lower and a bolt carrier and a charging handle but I think I can find one of those .mmm probably got one under my pillow just have to look lol so Andy you ready to step back into the twenty first century MVIMG_20180417_210138.jpg IMG_20180417_210200.jpg

I garantee you I can take my nephew and his friends .that they all play video games but I take my nephew and his friends to play paint ball and air soft .I will put them up against any kid that has just played video games .
Any day it's not the same in the real world .just like ANDY says it's not the same as real combat .but it's better than nothing at all or better than a TV screen
I wish I could remember the source, a book I once read had an excerpt of an old interview with Wyatt Earp. Paraphrasing what I remember, it's not the fastest or most accurate shooter that wins a gun fight, it's the guy who stays cool and keeps his head, doesn't panic and makes every shot count.
Damn that is heavy.

What would you suggest for training? Even simunitions don't make enough noise to really get the shock factor.
Practice mag changes, clearing your weapon of malfunctions "sports" (Slap pull release tap shoot) Primary system to secondary . Practice movements while engaging targets (strong hand and weak). The only training that happens at most gun ranges is safety! aiming at a target 25 feet away for an hour will not prepare you for combat.

Practice mag changes, clearing your weapon of malfunctions "sports" (Slap pull release tap shoot) Primary system to secondary . Practice movements while engaging targets (strong hand and weak). The only training that happens at most gun ranges is safety! aiming at a target 25 feet away for an hour will not prepare you for combat.

After becoming proficient at marksmanship fundamentals, agree. Drills, drills and more drills. Single shot, double tap, Mozambique, El Presidente, box drill, shoot/don't shoot, and on.

It helps to have a like minded training partner but do what you can.

Lately I've just been practicing magazine changes and rifle/pistol swaps in the garage; do what you can.

You don't reallyl get to practice mag change with paint ball you just dump more balls in some times when you are still shooting .
Air soft is different they use mags and they run out but not every thrity Rounds more like every 300 ROUNDS .I never said this was the same as real combat .but it's better than nothing .he sssa simulations YES THE MILITARY DOES USE PAINT BALL AIRSOFT AND SIMULATIONS NOW ITS CHEAPER AND KINDA REAL EXCEPT THE dieing part

Lol, sounds great to me, just bring the Advil!
I'm always willing to share any thing I have or know! :) Any one else down for some Pain and Kickin Azz?:D

I keep 2 ziplocks full of advil and 2 full of caffiene tabs in my INCH bag. Is that enough!?

Are you anywhere near Vantucky?

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top