JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Lol when I got my first AR I was all Mr cadgit I bought everything I could and just started putting it on .then I just started taking stuff off then got another AR and started putting stuff on it .LOL THEN started taking stuff off .now im up to six ARs lol now just a little bit on each one .I have one with nothing but iron sights all the rest have red dots and backup sights .one has light and Lazer and red dot HEHEE .
And I have boxes of parts that have been used and not used .WHAT CAN I SAY I DRINK BEER AND SHOP ONLINE .bad combo

Even though mine may be a little "heavy," I've tried to keep it clean--there is literally only one piece that breaks the rule of "if I can't tell you why it's there then it's not there," and that's choosing DSA's octagon delta-ring over regular because it's a better fit with my CASV handguard. (Which is a heavy but surprisingly clean HG if you don't mount anything on it.)

Seen a lot of fellows with really decked out Ar 15s Quad rails with red dots,flashlights, lasers and a bunch of little gadgets (BAD levers oversized controls). Kinda takes away the main benefit of having a Ar 15, If im gonna pack around a 9 pound rifle its gonna be of the 7.62 variety. Its not that i have never used or dont see the benefit of such devices but having carried one around in full gear in the streets of Fallujah you learn to add devices to fit the mission. The big 3 would be 1. a clean and well lubed rifle 2. plenty of mags and ammo 3. A bottle of CLP ( An AR15 without CLP becomes worthless after 500 rounds or so) when you feel your rifle slow down just squirt a couple shots of CLP on the bolt and she will run like new repeat as needed. I add the least amount of weight to my rifle as possible a light for night missions and maybe a rmr type sight for close quarters outside of that i like her naked. Thoughts?View attachment 449521
399205-4e6dab3892922b0e609cc7a3f2b6a14d.jpg

Didn't read the whole thread but it looks like it needs a sling.

21 tango, I feel the same way, I`m thinking about getting a AR while there still legal just because I carried an M-4 in Iraq also, and know how to do any and everything with it manuever wise. However, I just cannot see myself cleaning one to the standards I'm use too, without having to remove any accessories and then having to re-boresight/zero the thing after reattaching accessories..
Cleaning. What is this word mean?

I just squirt some oil in her and rack it a few times!

Kidding.

Well depends on what type of fighting your talking about in my house at night yep I'M going to use my light .
But outside in my yard or down the street or in the woods or desert a light will give your position away .NOT GOOD

21 tango, I feel the same way, I`m thinking about getting a AR while there still legal just because I carried an M-4 in Iraq also, and know how to do any and everything with it manuever wise. However, I just cannot see myself cleaning one to the standards I'm use too, without having to remove any accessories and then having to re-boresight/zero the thing after reattaching accessories..
"Quick detach" Zero stays true. Move to a piston system if time for cleaning is a concern

"Quick detach" Zero stays true. Move to a piston system if time for cleaning is a concern
I never really trusted it but a month or so ago I was at the range . talking to a guy who took his red dot off and packed his gun up .
So I asked him if it was still on site when he put it back on .he said as long as I put it back in the same spot on the rail .

No fighting weapon should be without an adjustable 2 point sling and a good light. Red dots are great but you have to spend the money.
Already spent the money .
Lol LOTS OF MONEY well I should say I spend a few hundred dollars for a red dot I can't see spending 600 bucks for a red dot when you can get one just as good for 250 or 300 bucks or I have a really good one that I only paid 180 bucks for .
When I say I spent lots money that's because I have 8 red dot sites lol mmmmm 180 to 300 each

Last Edited:
Live and learn lol I have learned more from this site . from guys like you .that have been there done that .and a few of my friends or co workers that have been there and done that .lol im talking about ex military guys and girls .

If you really really think about it we are a country that has been at war for ever .
We never stopped we have been involved in every war in some way or another .
If this guy or girl can tell me something about combat that will help me . protect my house or my neighbors.or neighborhood .
I'm going to listen .LOL I MIGHT HAVE THE MONEY TO BUY A GUN AND ALL THE B.S. TO PUT ON IT .
but I really really don't have the experience of what happens . when I have to use this wepon .so I take a class .and the teacher is a guy half my age .but he has shot someone or even been shot himself .so I listen and listen .and listen some more . hopefully this guy's experience in IRAQ OR AFGHANISTAN OR AFRICA . VIETNAM OR WHAT EVER .can help me against a dope head in ANACORTES WA MMMMMMM LIVE AND LEARN LOL

I think one of the best things we can do as civilians is force on force training. Even airsoft at CQB distances can be useful. Classes only go so far. I learned a lot as a kid, playing that stuff 24/7 for years.

Ya know the biggest thing I learned? Range and fire power, (full auto vs semi or pump) and mag capacity make a huge diference.

All the macho BS about Indian not the arrow goes out the window when someone bum rushes you at close range with a machine gun.

I think one of the best things we can do as civilians is force on force training. Even airsoft at CQB distances can be useful. Classes only go so far. I learned a lot as a kid, playing that stuff 24/7 for years.

Ya know the biggest thing I learned? Range and fire power, (full auto vs semi or pump) and mag capacity make a huge diference.

All the macho BS about Indian not the arrow goes out the window when someone bum rushes you at close range with a machine gun.
I really really agree with you about the airsoft thing .I play airsoft and paint ball with my nephew all the time and it is a great CQB AND DISTANCE LESSON . some don't like it but it does give a lesson about cover and Shooting from cover and team work

Not to be too nic picky...but I have survived two "bum rushes" , by folks with automatic weapons who were actually trying to kill me...
And it was by keeping a cool head with aimed rifle fire that stopped the attack , both times...
(Somalia , Oct. 1993 )

I am not knocking airsoft per se...but when you all can get up afterwards and get a beer ...its not quite the same as combat...

Not trying to be a jerk here...just posting my experience....
Andy

Not to be too nic picky...but I have survived two "bum rushes" , by folks with automatic weapons who were actually trying to kill me...
And it was by keeping a cool head with aimed rifle fire that stopped the attack , both times...
(Somalia , Oct. 1993 )

I am not knocking airsoft per se...but when you all can get up afterwards and get a beer ...its not quite the same as combat...

Andy

That's how it works, isn't it?

Not to be too nic picky...but I have survived two "bum rushes" , by folks with automatic weapons...
and it was by keeping a cool head and aimed rifle fire that stopped the attack , both times...
(Somalia , Oct. 1993 )

Andy
I know how you feel about paint ball Andy and I get your point but there are kids that do the same thing every day on a TV screen and they don't even get to drink a beer after they just push the restart.button at least with airsoft and paint ball they get the pain . kinda not the same as really getting shot but better than a tv screen

(Somalia , Oct. 1993 )

Andy

I think what it can help teach, is the mechanics of shooting around obstacles, from cover, moving and shooting etc, but yeah without a cool head and true aim, that's a moot point.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews