JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
only thing I ever had fail....just made my gun shoot groups of 2-5rds before jamming....2 diff mfg's....guns still ran...just not well....replaced the gas rings....both were toast and another 2k rounds and still no issue :)

Extractor parts, fireing pins and springs top my list. If a piston gun, piston and springs. A short kit of trigger parts, depending on the set up, take down pins, and cross pins, and maybe a spare buffer and spring. If it will fit a short piece of 2"plastic pipe, that's a great way to keep every thing handy long term! I have a few buddies that keep a barrel in there kits, along with the armorors multi tool! Me thinks it's kind of heavy, and besides, how often are you goin to shoot out a barrel?

Edit; I like the idea of a spair BCG, might add one to my kit, along with rings, I don't normally go through them, but can see it possable. I usually end up changing extractor 0-ring more then any thing else! :)

I wondered the same thing, my friend in NM mentioned all the little parts in the lower. Then I was in a gun store that was selling complete Aero Precision lowers for $150, I just bought the whole thing as a spare.

I have some other spare small parts, like: firing pin; charging handle (I've bent a couple of these but they bend back); bolt cam pin for sure, these are subject to a lot of wear; some other little pins that can fall off/out and get lost. The gas rings are a good idea, next time I order parts, I'm gonna go for some of those. I don't have a spare, complete BCG and I think that would be a good idea to have. In an emergency, you don't want to be dinking around with, say, a broken extractor, when you can quickly change the entire assy.

My battery of rifles includes several .223 AR types, different makes and so far as I have been able to determine, what I have in spares will work universally on them all. The problem I have is with owning an Armalite AR-10, the fairly modern made, legacy version. Everything on it is Armalite only, proprietary to that rifle. If I had it to do over again, might've bought a diff. brand but at the time I wanted Armalite and I haven't got a spare anything for it except for magazines.

when we had a vender have lower parts kits for like $10 I bought like 5 of them and filled up plastic case for spare parts.

9q0f6uO.jpg

Well. If two is one. And one is none.
for those of us novices in the realm of AR artifacts, I'd wonder where to find a suitable list of such, as I'd like to have a small clutch of those things that made stuff work.

Better yet, where to find such a collection, and what would we have to pay for it?

Well. If two is one. And one is none. ;)

Yep, that's why I have two set up nearly identical. Optics notwithstanding. They both feel the same and shoot the same, but one has a Leupold Mark AR Firedot and one has an Aimpoint.

And there is more three more barrels plus multiple parts lol I got enough garbage to build three more guns I don't have the time .I have to drink beer .I can't just stop and build guns all day MVIMG_20180424_202133.jpg IMG_20180424_202147.jpg IMG_20180424_202208.jpg IMG_20180424_202218.jpg IMG_20180424_202218.jpg IMG_20180424_202229.jpg
IMG_20180424_201804.jpg

Hmm.
Spares I have:
Handguard, barrel nut, a spare Carbine gas tube and lo pro gas block. Multiple springs & buffers (carbine and rifle length). Multiple buffer tubes (rifle and carbine), 1 complete trigger set. 2 complete lower parts kits plus the parts left over from one I scavenged. One spare bolt head.
I've had an extractor claw break. Triggers go wowie on the pins and safe/fire switch fail. Broke a folding front sight.
I've seen where the gas key on a BCG broke loose, even though it was staked.
If it adjusts, moves, or is obviously in harms way, it can fail and need replacement. That's where multiple rifles is good.
I think a spare barrel is a must.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR