JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yea, I'm just a casual shooter so it will be some time before I need work done to it.

I've just seen others stopped cold cuz something little broke and that got me thinking about eventually tossing some of those parts in my range box.

I almost never go with only one gun so its not a huge deal and I'm not playing weekend warrior prepping for zombies or whatever shooting a case a month.

I keep a few complete BCG, extractor springs and gas rings. and couple spare firing pins. I also have a complete lower spring set but I have never assembled a lower receiver yet. I was watching some videos and it looks fairly easy to do put the lower receiver together and then buy fully assembled upper.

Toney
Yes the lower assembly is fairly simple. Just be sure you put the Hammer Spring in correctly! When building it is simpler just to buy a complete upper and BC Group. Unless you can buy a complete upper and have your BC group checked when inserting it into the upper and barrel assembly.

http://www.primaryarms.com/cmmg-ar15-survival-parts-kit-55affb4

55AFFB4_00.jpg

Eleven is Heaven... :p
Only cuz wifey finally got fed up and did murder!
Never keep them all in the same place... I had them in a few different places before, and she assumed they were the same few that I moved around... It was only when she walked in on a "family photo" that she realized the extent of my affliction.
922E3844-B037-4B61-A9D4-E83F782B4DDB.jpeg
so she made me sell some...
But I bought/built more after I paid the bills...
Then that fateful gust of wind blew it all right off the bridge and into the river.
DA2FBC88-F575-41A3-BD90-A4C2FCBB5A38.jpeg

Joe if you do not mind me asking. What kind of rifle do you have. Is it a factory production or an individual build?
Thanks
Sniper 03

I had a few friends take what I had and turned it into this for me:
IMG_2619.JPG IMG_2620.JPG

The guy that put it all together is an AR armoror and it's not had a hiccup from the first shot fired.

I'm not to worried about a failure and honestly I'd probably have my friend fix it if it malfunctioned, even though I'm fairly handy with tool.

It just got me to thinking, since it is my only AR, what parts are common to wear out or fail on a good build?

I'm also looking at acquiring a bigger range box with wheels and compartments to put tools in so spare parts seemed like a natural addition. If I have space.

Only cuz wifey finally got fed up and did murder!
Never keep them all in the same place... I had them in a few different places before, and she assumed they were the same few that I moved around... It was only when she walked in on a "family photo" that she realized the extent of my affliction.
View attachment 454413
so she made me sell some...
But I bought/built more after I paid the bills...
Then that fateful gust of wind blew it all right off the bridge and into the river.
View attachment 454414
Lol I have three extra barrels I just ordered two 80% Lowers the other day and two uppers today soooooo mmmmmm how many is that now

What in the world is a spare "bolt head"?:confused:
That's that thing which pops off when you follow the rule Righty Loosey - Lefty Tighty and need to use a cheater bar because some numbnutz tightened it down too much. :rolleyes:
I guess the proper term is "bolt assembly", and have a stainless one in my spare parts kit.

You'd be surprised what I can fit into my tARckle box. The plastic trays fit inside(when I can close them.
Man, that is sweet!
... but it's 3:30 in the morning. I can't sleep but Im not in any mood to reorganize hundreds of tiny springs, screws, pins, detents, etc. etc., so I'll do it tomorrow... then maybe I can fit everthing back into the box... but right now my living room looks like an armory.
Hope it's not because of your namesake. Those suck.

If you change barrels or bolts you should have the Head Space checked before shooting it.
Great advice!

Done... now brake time and then on to tool organization...

Well.... maybe tomorrow.. unfortunately as @P7id10T inqired it is my namesake that is keeping me up at night... I do projects like this to keep my mode off it, but it only goes so far... but I digress...

Its spring cleaning time...was a good opertunity to take stock, and realize I have more of some parts than I'll ever use... namely safety spring/detents no idea why I have so many...
63645119-145A-43D0-BA0F-4D01590FF8C5.jpeg but I also found some headspace gauges I forgot I had... bonus
4E55EA76-EFCC-4DC5-9A2D-FA6E2B1CD47D.jpeg

The tARckle Box is organized enough to satisfy my OCD... and most everthing fit great... the bigger stuff goes into an old Winchester gun case that I bought at a pawn shop.
A2995D70-17D5-4A4D-9CCC-A0EA58DF1960.jpeg B37083B2-3097-4C1A-87CC-7DE56F130179.jpeg 8408CBE9-E845-454D-97EB-595D3F2D8572.jpeg 816CD5C6-F5D3-4557-95CA-9417FBDD53A2.jpeg C2DBEFA9-D557-41D0-A1A5-DD5AC85939F5.jpeg

I highly recommend this box for organizing your gun crap... I got it at WallyWorld for like $40...

I have a Penn International pro series soft tackle box that I converted to 1911 parts and tools, makes it real handy having every thing I would ever need to build service or repair the 1911s all in one compact and organised storage system. I do have similar soft boxes for the more common rifles, especially the builds. I have found over the years the Plano pro series of clear plastic trays in the super common 12X18x2.5 inch seem to be the perfect size for gun parts and tools, and they fit most of the better tackle boxes your likely to find!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top