JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Lol all YOU got to do is say the word this is what I got a upper from a bush master only 300 Rounds though it . I got a buffer tube and stock and all the parts for a lower but you will have to buy the lower and bolt carrier .
Basically you just need lower and bolt carrier View attachment 451519
EPS...
WOW!
I will have to think that one over...thank you very , very much.
Off to check the safe for trade bait , later today...who knows maybe a Northwest Firearms lower will be in my future....:D

Lol is andy bout to get an ar15 before a 1903?:rolleyes::D
Or am i not caught up and you already got the 1903
Ha...I have owned several 03's and 03A3's over the course of my collecting years...
I lost the last 03A3 due to a faulty re-load mishap...long story , but in the end the rifle has been replaced in function by a member here....

The actions of this member and EPS and his offer are very humbling.
Again thank you EPS and the member who gifted me my replacement rifle.
Andy

Not being a jerk at all! I sincerely appreciate you sharing your experiences.

As I said a few posts ago, I have 0 real kowledge. That is why I am here, and why I am signed up for classes, and why I try to pester people in real life as well.

But as you probably know, nothing beats real experience.

If you are comfortable sharing, What was the range where this occurred. What rifle where you using?
Whew!
First and most important ...I am glad you took my post for what it was meant as , and not as a jerk comment.:D

Long scary story short:
Ranges were short...75 yards and much , much less.
Street to street type fighting...
Two different groups within minutes of each other fired upon us and rushed our position...Mostly with AK47 rifles and one DShk mounted on a Toyota truck.
Both charges were stopped with good shooting and a heavy dose of "AW SH!T"

Rifles used were M4 Carbines and M16A2's and one M203
( Just rifle fire with the M203, no grenades )
All with no optics , just iron sights...
Andy

Edited my first version here ( #203 ) ...'cause it was way too detailed and no one really needs to read that sorta stuff...
If anyone here read it , I am sorry , and if you quoted it to discuss later , could you please delete or not use my first version.
Thank you.

Last Edited:
Back to the "Mission essential AR15"...
I am thinking of getting a Northwest Firearms Lower and all the parts for it .. and taking up EPS on his kind and generous offer.
The "mission" for this particular AR15 would be to show the development of the American Rifle from Flintlock to AR15 , for my firearm displays....
Granted I couldn't show up at a rendezvous with said AR15 , but I do show my collection at other venues...

And to have a AR15 to demonstrate:
How a rifle has changed over the years , but still has some common traits with a flintlock rifle..
Along with my "selling " of the idea that a AR15 is really no different that any other rifle...
That it was been here on display and no one has been hurt while we talked rifles and history etc...
That the AR15 is as much as part of America , our history , our culture as a Flintlock rifle ...
Might give some food for thought to some folks....

Anyways , just my thoughts before getting ready for school / work....
Andy

Whew!
First and most important ...I am glad you took my post for what it was meant as and not as a jerk comment.:D

Long scary story short:
Ranges were short...75 yards and much , much less.
Street to street type fighting...
Two different groups within minutes of each other fired upon us and rushed our position...Mostly with AK47 rifles and one DShk mounted on a Toyota truck.
Both charges were stopped with good shooting and a heavy dose of "AW SH!T"

Rifles used were M4 Carbines and M16A2's and one M203
( Just rifle fire with the M203, no grenades )
All with no optics , just iron sights...
Andy

Edited my first version here ( #203 ) ...'cause it was way too detailed and no one really needs to read that sorta stuff...
If anyone here read it , I am sorry , and if you quoted it to discuss later , could you please delete or not use my first version.
Thank you.

I just missed that before you edited it.

I apologize for bringing that stuff back up. I have a relative who was in Vietnam, and he only opened up once about it, but it was enough for me to understand why he doesn't talk about it in detail.

Thank you Sir for sharing. I didn't "like" the post because just seemed a little wrong.

I thought about what you said about staying calm, and it makes a lot of sense, and jives with my recollections from airsoft and paintball. I was the "bum rusher" a few times, before I had any clue what I was doing, and I would go running in, spraying and praying, and always get hit.

What I did find though, was with full auto and enough balls, you could get people to break and run, and then it was over. But the people that held there ground usually still prevailed.

You Are right it doesn't mean that much when you all get up afterwords!

I guess I was getting at the idea of "force multipliers" and how they worked, aince we were always having to balance the teams. Taking into account people with longer range or full auto guns.

If you don't know guns, and only grow up watching movies, that is the only way I can think of to learn first hand go hard it is to go up against a full auto rifle with a semi auto handgun!

I meant, what would you suggest for training other than airlift/paintball for us civies, not the army.

There are courses that you can take. A lot of them are run by ex military and can be very helpful. Other option is to get together with people like @Ura-Ki who are willing to set up a course and help you through it and help with different techniques.

EPS...
WOW!
I will have to think that one over...thank you very , very much.
Off to check the safe for trade bait , later today...who knows maybe a Northwest Firearms lower will be in my future....:D

Ha...I have owned several 03's and 03A3's over the course of my collecting years...
I lost the last 03A3 due to a faulty re-load mishap...long story , but in the end the rifle has been replaced in function by a member here....

The actions of this member and EPS and his offer are very humbling.
Again thank you EPS and the member who gifted me my replacement rifle.
Andy
I was going to say I know a guy who sells Lowers lol NWFA . No need for trade Stuff like I said I got almost every thing except the lower and BCG I have three mil spec triggers or a RISE ARMEMENT 3.5LB drop in trigger

Maybe I should put this out there for those that are watching this .LOL it is legal for me to give all these parts to Andy .he will have to do a background check on the lower .

Practice mag changes, clearing your weapon of malfunctions "sports" (Slap pull release tap shoot) Primary system to secondary . Practice movements while engaging targets (strong hand and weak). The only training that happens at most gun ranges is safety! aiming at a target 25 feet away for an hour will not prepare you for combat.

This was my first attempt at any training this weekend. Lots of room for improvement!

Need to build a fake barricade to practice shooting behind cover.

Last Edited:
This was my goto AR15 until it was tragically lost in a boating accident in the Pacific Ocean. I have reverted to old school with a small light. Less things to go wrong.

IMG_3872.jpg

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews