JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
We had a kid in basic training that thought he was the bomb because he played paint ball and had a leg up on a lot of us. When it came time for live fire exercises he would freak out.

At the end of basic they made us low crawl under Constantine wire while live firing 60's over our head. This particular kid freaked out again and jumped up through the wire getting shot. Live fire is different and you won't understand until your there. And that was just training.

I garantee you I can take my nephew and his friends .that they all play video games but I take my nephew and his friends to play paint ball and air soft .I will put them up against any kid that has just played video games .
Any day it's not the same in the real world .just like ANDY says it's not the same as real combat .but it's better than nothing at all or better than a TV screen

Speaking only for myself here...
Combat is the most intimate relationship with another person that you can have...far , far more intimate than even lovemaking....
'Cause in lovemaking , you can make life...In combat you make both life and death....

Nothing in my experience comes close or can totally prepare you for that....
Andy

Speaking only for myself here...
Combat is the most intimate relationship with another person that you can have...far , far more intimate than even lovemaking....
'Cause in lovemaking , you can make life...In combat you make both life and death....

Nothing in my experience comes close or can totally prepare you for that....
Andy
That is why these people do what they do they don't think about the after effects they shoot up the school and think they can hit the restart BUTTON

We had a kid in basic training that thought he was the bomb because he played paint ball and had a leg up on a lot of us. When it came time for live fire exercises he would freak out.

At the end of basic they made us low crawl under Constantine wire while live firing 60's over our head. This particular kid freaked out again and jumped up through the wire getting shot. Live fire is different and you won't understand until your there. And that was just training.
I don't doubt you but it happens I think I saw it on a movie

Not to be too nic picky...but I have survived two "bum rushes" , by folks with automatic weapons who were actually trying to kill me...
And it was by keeping a cool head with aimed rifle fire that stopped the attack , both times...
(Somalia , Oct. 1993 )

I wish I could remember the source, a book I once read had an excerpt of an old interview with Wyatt Earp. Paraphrasing what I remember, it's not the fastest or most accurate shooter that wins a gun fight, it's the guy who stays cool and keeps his head, doesn't panic and makes every shot count.

Speaking only for my self, live combat is the most scared I have ever been in my life, even doing all the crazy training stuff we are known for, going down range each and every time hits you like no other emotion ever, I can't even explain what that feels like, knowing your about to be in the Ch!t for real!
You have to train constantly, you have to know your weapon(s) intimately, you have to know your medicine, and you have to trust the guys with you to be every bit as tough, every bit as ready, every bit as confident as you hope you are, or your dead!
I realise, I ( like Andy and others) come from a different generation, and as such, we were equippd with older weapons and equipment, and we had the training to use those weapons, skills, and equipment just a little differently then the boys and girls do today! This didn't make out stuff any better or worse then the new generation we passed the hat to, only different. I look at what my Grand Dad and Uncles had when they went to punch a Nazi or a Jap in the face, and while to your and my eyes, those weapons and gear lool old and out dated, nothing could be further from the truth! I would have zero issues carrying the same arms and equipment those guys did all those years ago, and I will guarantee you, I am just as effective with the "Old" stuff from then and I am now wbith what I am used to. As civilians, it's very hard to train and to find training that gives a good and useful set of skills with out going down the rabbit hole or overdoin things, and I'm too beat, tired, and fat to do many of the things I was once able to do, but I train like I used to, as often as I can, and I am always willing to share and pass on what I learned and use, I believe it's a part of continuing to serve by sharing knolage with folks that can benefit!

Last Edited:
To get back on topic... ( Sorry for my part in the thread drift / bird walk )
I'd love a 16 inch barreled carbine with ...
A2 fixed butt stock...
A2 carry handle sights...
And as much ammo as I could afford for practice....
Andy

To get back on topic... ( Sorry for my part in the thread drift / bird walk )
I'd love a 16 inch barreled carbine with ...
A2 fixed butt stock...
A2 carry handle sights...
And as much ammo as I could afford for practice....
Andy
So what your saying Andy is you want us to build you a rifle .
That doesn't require you to jam the bullets down the barrel .MMMMM think I have at least half a AR IN MY SAFE RIGHT NOW

I have a dozen AR's. Armalite AR-10, Colt, and Daniels Defense for store bought. The first one I assembled from components still is my go to rifle, It looks a lot like the OP's, slightly longer round plastic handguard. It is a flat top I have a set of folding sights and a Aimpoint Pro on it. I have a different grip as I don't like the A2 style. I have a ATI stock on it. Other than the Aimpoint it is close to the OP's. Oh I have a CMC straight shoe 4.5# trigger and a sling, I shoot it as well as any

Might have to dust off the old memory , for using a rifle that ain't got no ramrod and uses a magazine...:p:D
Andy
Lol all YOU got to do is say the word this is what I got a upper from a bush master only 300 Rounds though it . I got a buffer tube and stock and all the parts for a lower but you will have to buy the lower and bolt carrier .
Basically you just need lower and bolt carrier MVIMG_20180417_203541.jpg

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top