JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
I don't know why I ever post on these political threads. They all end up the same. Everyone has opinions. Everyone is certain that their opinion is right. We all poke hopes in the air with our fingers and say "I BELIEVE" this, and "I BELIEVE" that, as if it means anything to anyone else. I don't have any delusions that anyone here really cares what I think.

Politics has become so toxic. Everyone just wants to repeat the arguments from "their side" that they believe with religious fervor. Few people have any interest in principles. I have to agree to a point with those that say we're all being led around by the nose.

I don't know why I ever post on these political threads. They all end up the same. Everyone has opinions. Everyone is certain that their opinion is right. We all poke hopes in the air with our fingers and say "I BELIEVE" this, and "I BELIEVE" that, as if it means anything to anyone else. I don't have any delusions that anyone here really cares what I think.

Politics has become so toxic. Everyone just wants to repeat the arguments from "their side" that they believe with religious fervor. Few people have any interest in principles. I have to agree to a point with those that say we're all being led around by the nose.

It's crazy because neither side gives a bubblegum about it's supporters. They just say what they need to say to get a cult like.following, then use that following to further their own power and wealth, while completely ignoring their campaign promises.

Just like it's hard to fathom anyone making less than $250,000 a year supporting a Republican.

This is the sort of thing I'm talking about. Some people just can't resist throwing in their little barbs. Other people on "their side" cheer them on, while those on the "other side" just see it as a demonstration of ignorance. Nobody's mind is changed, no good comes of it.

1) Normally I am not a one topic voter I have always wanted a candidate who would do the most for the country but it seems that last few years it has come down to one topic "DO YOU SUPPORT THE SECOND AMENDMENT."

The Gabby & Mark Show, Tom Steyer, Bloomberg/Menino and all the other hoplophobes always belch about their support the 2nd Amdt. They only support it as long as it doesn't mean anything, like supporting the 1st Amdt as long as it only guarantees the right to promulgate DNC - approved content.

The question to ask is "Do you support applying Strict Scrutiny to the 2nd Amdt?"

2) I haven't voted for anybody since 1996 - Jack Metcalf's last term. I vote against the lying weasel I despise more than the other lying weasel. I will not vote for anybody with (D) by their name.

Last Edited:
Andy,

"Being Liberal or Conservative is not bad , when both are taken together , in a balanced measure..."

I couldn't agree more.

I think everyone should be given a fair trial...and then hung.

Amazing this is dragging on,

• Step one go join the liberal gun club
  • Step Two read the thousands of topics that bash conservatives, whites and a host of other topics, that we can not even mention about the liberal opposite toxicity here.
  • Step Three, go look up my user name there, where I extended a hand in thought. Only to get beat down, by members and their staff.

I have tried, God knows I have, trying to be reasonable in listening to that sides point of view, but history shows liberalism as a structure fails. Maybe a mix is better. But that group is not wanting to get along and have peace.
They are wanting assimilation, and tolerance from you. Not them.:s0013:

Amazing this is dragging on,

• Step one go join the liberal gun club
  • Step Two read the thousands of topics that bash conservatives, whites and a host of other topics, that we can not even mention about the liberal opposite toxicity here.
  • Step Three, go look up my user name there, where I extended a hand in thought. Only to get beat down, by members and their staff.

I have tried, God knows I have, trying to be reasonable in listening to that sides point of view, but history shows liberalism as a structure fails. Maybe a mix is better. But that group is not wanting to get along and have peace.
They are wanting assimilation, and tolerance from you. Not them.:s0013:
Not at all what I have experienced....maybe you Joined the wrong liberal gun Club. Or maybe your experience is how you say it is ..... anyway I will continue to fight to The Preservation of You Gun Rights as well as Mine.

My experience at that group, was as a Middle Right of the road Conservative.
( Meaning I own a Confederate Flag, but only fly it for special occasions :p )
Digress, the group...
Was very bad, and what they claim in their by laws is not true.
They want to be part of the gun community, but slowly talk about common sense
laws. I would say they are only slightly to the right of CeaseFire Oregon, and far left from middle.

No disrespect to the OP. But Not what they appear or claim in their site policies.
Personally, I was insulted, chastised and ridiculed, for simply saying I was a conservative gun owner. I saw zero tolerance.
But to each their own, I tried that rabbit hole and found a snake in it.:rolleyes:
I remember you signing on and reaching out to find some middle ground... and I remember the way you were treated by some of our members just as you describe it. You may remember our conversation then (I'm Bacchus on the LGC Forum). You were treated shabbily by some of our members, and that was a shame; I remember you being honest about your conservative views and some pounced and it just devolved from there. My invite to any of our meetings still stands, and it would be great if you ever chose to show up so we can show that a few jerks don't really speak for all of us.

An intro to the rest: I'm an LGC member as well and past president of the Oregon Chapter. Most of us there disagree with gun-restricting politicians just as much as you, and we fight that same battle... just from the other side. They're wrong on guns. They're wrong on magazine cap limits.

I remember you signing on and reaching out to find some middle ground... and I remember the way you were treated by some of our members just as you describe it. You may remember our conversation then (I'm Bacchus on the LGC Forum). You were treated shabbily by some of our members, and that was a shame; I remember you being honest about your conservative views and some pounced and it just devolved from there. My invite to any of our meetings still stands, and it would be great if you ever chose to show up so we can show that a few jerks don't really speak for all of us.

An intro to the rest: I'm an LGC member as well and past president of the Oregon Chapter. Most of us there disagree with gun-restricting politicians just as much as you, and we fight that same battle... just from the other side. They're wrong on guns. They're wrong on magazine cap limits.

I followed Dunehopper and lurked for a little while, I saw things exactly how he described them, shame! This brings up the point that every where you go, there are always going to be those who diss agree with every thing you point to simply because that's their DNA. I could argue the sky is blue, and tbere will always be some arseholes who dispute it simply because they have nothing better to do!
Most here know me as pretty mellow and middle of the road, most also know I'm non party, vote for the issues and politicians best, or best choice we have. Thay said, this topic like all the other political topics shows us that our own perceptions based on party of political slant over ride who we are as people, and that reflects badly on each and every one of us! My experience on your site was as expected, yet the veracity was especially hard, this is telling of how things out in the real world are happening, because we lean on the poll of party righteousness and forget to be Americans first, fighting for the same things, but we let influences dictate our position, and can never agree on any thing, ever! This is why we will always lose this fight:eek:

Both sides have their cadre of True Believers ready to pounce.
The LGC Forum gets regular visits from conservatives, both of the honest hand outstretched kind and the troublemaking troll kind.
Some of us can tell the difference and others can't. Just like you.

Gun Control is all about PEOPLE control if people would pay attention to history.

I don't give a rat's ___ as my late husband used to say... the bottom line is gun control IS about people control.

I do not care what a political party says on the R, L, or ! when they go on and on in words and do another thing with your gun rights and other liberties! Most of them have an agenda. Many of them LIE and flip flop all over the place.

I do not care what your firearm LOOKS like either or how many rounds it holds. If you LIKE IT - more power to you. If you change your mind and want to buy something different... go for it!

Don't shove more gun laws and more !!! gun control down my throat for some smoke and mirrors cause.

If it bleeds - it leads. Fact of life. The super gun control ZEALOTS are in for the KILL in my opinion. NO pun intended. They play the 'cards' in GUN issues and in other issues.

The extremists want to talk a big game (Left and Right!) and take away your rights in gun issues and tons more.

They want to ignore other basic laws and push their SPECIAL laws for x, y and z while they ignore a, b and c.

Some of them (L/R) do not want to discuss the actual meaning of the RKBA, self defense issues, actual history, gun CONFISCATION, the Constitution, the Bill of Rights, actual news from ALL SIDES on the crime by the murderer who happened to use a GUN to do his dirty deed, etc. They do not follow the GUN crime stories to the end with everything coming out and some things not being explained too.

There are people who may not own or shoot guns but they DO support the RKBA. That is a fact.

Some people grew up around guns, hunt and plink but they are FOR major gun control and find self defense issues disgusting. They even say that they can't imagine defending themselves or a loved one and some of them are WOMEN! Yet, they have NO problems hunting if they hunt and if they do not hunt... they just want to plink. I figure to each their own but do not put down women or men who DO BELIEVE in self defense, who want to talk about the RKBA and keep all of our rights there and in other issues. I have met these women and some men in person and online. I do NOT understand it but if they accept being a victim of a bad guy... hey... it is their CHOICE not mine.

Self defense and the Constitution is something that many of them do not want to discuss. Many of them don't want to discuss or mention gun laws.

Many of them only want to discuss 'their gun laws' especially if they approve of them and love them since they are restrictive. Yes, many of them are out there and they are biased in their words in person and elsewhere.

I sincerely believe that many of these PRO gun control people have pulled this off very well. This includes many leaders in the gun world on the national level and on state levels including here in Montana. There - I said it!

I had a VERY long post explaining all of these things when it comes to GUN control but I decided to not post it since it was very detailed. I thought that it might not be ALLOWED HERE even though the examples happened back east, out here in Montana and on the national level.

I have found that the people who claim (Ha ha!) to be the most tolerant to be the most intolerant people that I have EVER met in city/county/state meetings, state supreme court issues, volunteer fire hall meetings for township citizens and the judges who came to the meeting from the state capitol, in small and large groups, online, in person and face to face.

Cate

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen."
― Samuel Adams

Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound.

L. Neil Smith

Both sides have their cadre of True Believers ready to pounce.

This is unfortunately very, very true. Both sides also have people so fired up and fueled by hate that they can't see anything beyond their own rhetoric. That's why I'd rather talk about principles rather than politics.

It's hard to get past the anger and emotions to actually talk about principles when a certain percentage of people will never be able to even understand why. They're like a dog in the yard:
"Squirrel! BARK!"
"Liberal! Commie!"
"Conservative! Nazi!"
They're always spoiling for a fight because they've got all the little answers programmed in from whatever source they trust and believe.

I don't mean that to knock those of us who have reasoned and thought-out opinions and beliefs, who have studied issues not only from their own side, but from the opposing point of view as well. If you tell me that you have no idea how someone could possibly believe something-or-other, you're telling me that you haven't really studied the issue with an eye to seeing their perspective. If you tell me you're too smart to believe something-or-other, you're telling me that you're not very smart at all, or you'd understand that human beings of all types (even certified geniuses) are capable of believing absolutely anything that they really want to believe.

Just because you allow yourself to understand something from another person's perspective, doesn't mean that you have to agree with them. You can still disagree wholeheartedly, but it just might temper how you respond to them.

It's interesting at times to have a rational, intelligent discussion with someone of a different ideology, but I don't even try anymore. The last couple political conversations I've been around (in person) have ended badly. It's just too toxic right now, too many people completely unhinged by hate.

The theme that I am trying to explain to everybody, is nothing is as it seems. I joined the Liberal gun club, with a lot of ridicule from Northwest firearms here . I did so due to my past experience working within the lobbying environment, as well as having met with Democratic anti-gun politicians . I believe this gave me an overview to approach the group. I also do have family members who own firearms, who shot firearms, but are Democrats .
I have also met, with what I would think would be very far right conservatives. Having communicated with Kevin Starrett, from OFF. I had the same feeling with him as I did when I joined the liberal gun club. I know at this point you probably are confused. But I saw Mr. Starrett as not being genuine in fighting for our rights that was my own personal opinion based on his own personal activity.

I also saw many at that liberal gun club, interact with me in a very negative way. It was not just one or two members, but many members there including staff. I also had met with Sen. Prozanski, who also is a person I would not trust. He says one thing and does another. That is my same feeling about Kevin Starrett, and my same feeling about liberal gun club. The reason I am including all three of these thoughts in one, is to show the dynamics involved . Being on one side of the aisle, and saying one thing but doing another is exactly what I'm talking about. Deep down the owners at Northwest firearms, want unity. They also are looking for a form of peace and some interaction with those on the fence. The liberal gun club also claims a middle ground they're looking for. However what I have noticed is both sides are not open about the problems that really drive a wedge between the two groups. At Northwest firearms we could not discuss many of the topics the drive that wedge, and over at the liberal gun club the topic is discussed, but guests are ridiculed. I have seen some liberals come here , being much more left and also not welcomed. So I do not want to just pick on the liberal gun, but there appears to be solid wedge between the two sides. If anything joining that group did tell me, is we are definitely too far apart right now to have any kind of meaningful discussions. Sure there will be a few conversations that will work out well and give this view as good intentions. There were a few people at the liberal gun club who were encouraged when I joined but also saw the same division. Just like when a liberal joins Northwest firearms, there's a wedge placed before they posted more than a few items to discuss. And well OFF, I simply do not trust them looking back at the evidence of the last 20 years, and seeing time and time again when intervention could be used, as well is the spending of funds inappropriately in my opinion. Also helps build this wedge, between those that want to trust the lobbies that exists, but cannot because of acts that seem out of character for those agencies.

It is interesting to see this continue to go on with discussions, but it seems more like throwing rocks back and forth and not really understanding the division. The division is genuine in that both sides feel passionately about what they view as problems. Right now this division is growing, as more anti-gun laws are passed it doesn't matter how pro-gun a liberal gun club may appear. The wedge is being pushed into a greater void, because of this legislation that continues to pound the pr-gun community. And the last thing at this particular point in history a conservative gun owner will do, is look to the left for support. It may be possible that it exists, but it is not something we can see at this point with good reason.

Last Edited:
Well Im a Member of The Liberal Gun Club and so far I feel welcome. Sure there been a few insulting comments but I just ignore those and stick to the honest respectful comments. Im pretty open minded and not quick to reacted even when offended.

If you are a single issue (gun rights) voter, you're cool with me, despite the rest of you're political leanings. If you vote to take my rights away by voting for other things over gun rights, even though you kinda like guns, you're on my bubblegum list;)

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads