JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I remember reading a stat recently that showed 60k registered gun owners in Oregon. Just because someone owns a gun it doesn't mean they voted no. I think a gun owner who is educated on the measure could still vote yes. I'm guessing there is a good chunk of gun owners who might just own one gun and one box of ammo, and never visit this site or the range. Probably just fine with less than 10 rounds.

Regarding, TCGC, I'm a member and think they made a good business decision. They didn't "cave" to anything. LOL. It's a free membership perk that most gun ranges don't even offer.
60,000 registered gun owners? Guns are not registered in Oregon, except NFA weapons. Is that what you're talking about? Because otherwise you make ZERO sense. There are well over 250,000 Concealed Handgun Licensees in Oregon, and from 1 to 2 million gun owners. What does "educated on the measure" mean? And why would anyone who owns guns vote "Yes" on this Charlie Foxtrot?

60,000 registered gun owners? Guns are not registered in Oregon, except NFA weapons. Is that what you're talking about? Because otherwise you make ZERO sense. There are well over 250,000 Concealed Handgun Licensees in Oregon, and from 1 to 2 million gun owners. What does "educated on the measure" mean? And why would anyone who owns guns vote "Yes" on this Charlie Foxtrot?
Typo, I meant 600k estimated. Hard to know the real numbers. And I meant not everyone who owns a gun is against 114. I've even seen hunters make the argument that high capacity mags should be banned. My point is I think everyone assumes all gun owners voted against 114 and I'm guessing that's not the case.

I remember reading a stat recently that showed 60k registered gun owners in Oregon. Just because someone owns a gun it doesn't mean they voted no. I think a gun owner who is educated on the measure could still vote yes. I'm guessing there is a good chunk of gun owners who might just own one gun and one box of ammo, and never visit this site or the range. Probably just fine with less than 10 rounds.

Regarding, TCGC, I'm a member and think they made a good business decision. They didn't "cave" to anything. LOL. It's a free membership perk that most gun ranges don't even offer.
That number must be a typo. There are 311k concealed carriers alone in Oregon.

We get alot of the "leave me alone" personality types among gun owners. They don't participate in politics. They don't vote.

There is also alot of the usual escapism, the "I am fleeing to Idaho", though we only lose these elections by a small margin. If you don't want to believe me, go start up a "Get out the vote" discussion and bring up things like voter registration drives at gunshows. You will get flamed by people I mentioned.

Last Edited:
Something to consider when painting with broad bush strokes....
You make a mess....and don't cover as much as you think.
Andy
Seriously, I did voter registration at gunshows for two years right after the passage of I-1639 in Washington. I used to get alot of sour looks and comments from people that did not want politics brought into their life. Many of these people were low information types as I had to explain that there was a gun control initiative that had just passed into law.

Then there are the defeatists, those guys would spend more time at my voter registration table than other attendees because their mission was to convince me that all was lost and that gun owners should stop voting as they have done. They threw down their guns in surrender really and seek affirmation that they did the right thing.

Seriously, start up some discussions on voter registration drives and encourage people to get out the votes on various gun forums as I have done. You will get flamed by the defeatist elements and there are alot of them. We get alot of people that don't vote.

Think about what it means to live in a Republic, citizenship is about participation in politics. The people who say they don't vote, that they avoid politics, those are people that have chosen serfdom. They are content with being a mere means of production for a ruling class. High inflation with $5 gas and stagnant wages could not get these people to vote.

Last Edited:
Seriously, I did voter registration at gunshows for two years right after the passage of I-1639 in Washington. I used to get alot of sour looks and comments from people that did not want politics brought into their life. Then there are the defeatists, those guys would spend more time at my voter registration table than other attendees because their mission was to convince me that all was lost and that gun owners should stop voting. They threw down their guns in surrender really and seek affirmation that they did the right thing it seems.
I experienced some similar people at gun shows the several months before this election. Pretty surprised about people that didn't want to hear it, or those that wanted to stay and argue for a half hour.

I do. Think kinder, gentler variant of gun owners. The, you don't need..., crowd. The "common sense" gun control, gun owner.
:Sigh: I know you're right. :( We likely have a few here like that. As stated above.
People that don't think people need more than ten rounds.
People that can afford, and don't mind having, a "Permit' to exercise a constitutional right as an American.
People that believe what they watch/hear from mainstream media.

Basically, people that think they have the right to "Control" how LAW ABIDING people live their lives.

"Control" Do realize how many times the word "Control" has been used in the media in the last election cycle? The dems are fighting for "CONTROL" of The House, or the Senate. The Republicans are fighting for "CONTROL" of the same things. I though all those wealthy people were WORKING FOR the "Citizens" of "The United States". No, their fighting for control.

Last Edited:
Had to look him up, but exactly. No problem with someone's opinion. They can hunt or shoot what ever they want. Why knowingly block someone else's rights?

I have a real problem with people whose opinion is that I should be stripped of my rights. They make me angry, you should be angry too.

Best way to get even is to get active in politics and win elections (taking power). Then we make the laws and we should start with reforming the DOJ to go after public officials and law enforcement officers that violate civil rights under color of law.

The people that don't vote because they want to be left alone need to understand that not voting means they will NOT be left alone. They are inviting regulations and government control over them into their life.

My point is I think everyone assumes all gun owners voted against 114 and I'm guessing that's not the case.
Very true and I believe a lot of people have become 'attached' to this forum (in an almost 'religious' way) and tend to see it as the primary, defining 'voice' of all Oregon gun owners and have somewhat 'polarized' gun owners into what seems to be 'US' and everyone else is a 'FUDD' when this is hardly the case.

I know a lot of gun owners, who are active shooters, reloaders etc. yet are NOT members of this forum - and many have never heard of it. Some don't use computers much and their phones for only talking and texting and zero social media, however most of these people are voters and voted against 114.

Also a lot of these gun owners are not 'tacticool' types who own 'battle rifles', they don't build ARs, or own half cut-down rifles as 'pistols' or do they think of threading and putting 'cans' on everything they own.

They are also not 'FUDDS' (in the meaning of the word) but are just long term hunters, shooters and collectors in the traditional sense, and while they may not necessarily 'adhere' to what seems to be the notion that 'modern' gun ownership is a defining symbol of pro 2A, patriotism and other freedoms they are NO LESS believers in all these things.

On the 'flip side' there are no doubt gun owners who may have not voted for other reasons and not because they are less than (or not) dedicated to gun rights and freedoms. I know a gun owner who normally does vote (and did this election) however he is so disillusion by the outcome of things he has told me he is probably not going to vote anymore as, in his words, 'It doesn't really matter or make a difference'. He is also convinced voting is entirely corrupt - whether he sees evidence of it or not.

My point being it is obvious gun owners vary in beliefs, ideas and understandings yet I believe it is important we respect all of them, and while some may have varying attitudes and ideas we need to continue to work to the best of our abilities to unite all of them (us) for the common goal.

Check out this email that went out today to Tri-County Gun Club members. Rusty Jobe, general manager for the club, suspended all FFL transfers through the club today. Measure 114 hasn't even been formally enacted yet.

If this how easy supposed supporters of the Second Amendment fold, we're in real trouble folks.

View attachment 1309916
If I am correct it isn't a law until the judge signs it. Seems they don't want to deal with angry customers and returning money. This has been accounted for and law suits already written and will automatically be a lawsuit once the judge signs it. Poor poor poorly written and should be addressed as I am sure it will. I have confidence that it will get abolished but will take time indeed. I made out my wish list soon as I heard about California influence attempting this law in Oregon. So I fulfilled that list as I could for the long time we will be waiting. Native for almost 40 years and decided anyways to find another homebase to retire..Republican of course! Should just nuke Portland metro!

Check out this email that went out today to Tri-County Gun Club members. Rusty Jobe, general manager for the club, suspended all FFL transfers through the club today. Measure 114 hasn't even been formally enacted yet.

If this how easy supposed supporters of the Second Amendment fold, we're in real trouble folks.

View attachment 1309916I

View attachment 1309916
I've heard that a couple of big box sporting goods stores in Oregon are going to stop sell firearms and standard capacity magazines on December 7th because of Measure 114.

Once again gun owners want to get mad at someone who had nothing to do with what is wrong. I have been watching this for years here in WA. When an FFL will not let a gun walk before they get the OK many gun owners want to scream and even boycott. Meanwhile they seem to be fine with the way so many gun owners vote for the mess.:confused:
I "suspect" the place mentioned can see that there is going to be a FLOOD of these now as people who again waited too long panic buy. These same people will then often get over the top angry when they get to see the longer and longer delay's. So rather than deal with it they just stopped.
As of Monday 11/14, the que was over 10,000 waiting for background checks.

Seriously, I did voter registration at gunshows for two years right after the passage of I-1639 in Washington. I used to get alot of sour looks and comments from people that did not want politics brought into their life. Many of these people were low information types as I had to explain that there was a gun control initiative that had just passed into law.

Then there are the defeatists, those guys would spend more time at my voter registration table than other attendees because their mission was to convince me that all was lost and that gun owners should stop voting as they have done. They threw down their guns in surrender really and seek affirmation that they did the right thing.

Seriously, start up some discussions on voter registration drives and encourage people to get out the votes on various gun forums as I have done. You will get flamed by the defeatist elements and there are alot of them. We get alot of people that don't vote.

Think about what it means to live in a Republic, citizenship is about participation in politics. The people who say they don't vote, that they avoid politics, those are people that have chosen serfdom. They are content with being a mere means of production for a ruling class. High inflation with $5 gas and stagnant wages could not get these people to vote.
BINGO!!! You win! This is what we are fighting. I see it every day on our Facebook Group, "GGWG Oregon". We have resorted to deleting these defeatist posts (after warnings) because our purpose there is to get gun owners to vote and they bring down the whole discussion. These are the sidewalk superintendents who watch a job being done and tell you what you're doing wrong and that it'll never work, but won't get their own hands dirty.

I'm curious, did you have a FFL-related transaction pending with TCGC? I don't recall getting that email.

View attachment 1309916
If you like you are more then welcome to come in and see our pro shop and safe.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top