JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Check out this email that went out today to Tri-County Gun Club members. Rusty Jobe, general manager for the club, suspended all FFL transfers through the club today. Measure 114 hasn't even been formally enacted yet.

If this how easy supposed supporters of the Second Amendment fold, we're in real trouble folks.

tricounty caves.png

Just playing Devil's advocate but is it possible the GM sees futility of adding more BGCs to avoid useless time and paperwork and possibly disgruntled customers when the checks don't make the NLT date ? (and deal with money returns)

Once again gun owners want to get mad at someone who had nothing to do with what is wrong. I have been watching this for years here in WA. When an FFL will not let a gun walk before they get the OK many gun owners want to scream and even boycott. Meanwhile they seem to be fine with the way so many gun owners vote for the mess.:confused:
I "suspect" the place mentioned can see that there is going to be a FLOOD of these now as people who again waited too long panic buy. These same people will then often get over the top angry when they get to see the longer and longer delay's. So rather than deal with it they just stopped.

More BS to me. "The laws grace period"?? He's just making crap up. Better to just be honest about it and just say, "I don't want to be bothered" instead of making up excuses. Sheeple much??

Meanwhile they seem to be fine with the way so many gun owners vote for the mess.:confused:
You really think a lot of gun owners voted for this?
Really?

You remember the lines at Keith's and Northwest Armory during the rona? And other gun shops up and down the Willamette Valley? You think a lot of those people voted for this?

You really think a lot of gun owners voted for this?
Really?
I can ASSURE you a LOT of gun owners sat out the election. Doing this means they voted for what won. Every time some new crap law goes in the net will for a long time have post after post of some gun owner who "just found out" about the new law. This one is really over the top bad. For weeks and then months we are going to see gun owners come here to gripe when they "find out" they can't go buy a gun. Anyone coming to the net to say they "just found out", voted for this. They can enjoy it and remember the old line "be careful what you ask for, you may get it". Many think I am too harsh of the gun owners who can't be bothered to watch what is going on until it slaps them in the face. I long ago lost all patience with people who live in the US and can not be bothered to watch what is going on with their rights. We have just had it too good for too long I guess. :(
Up here when the law was voted in to make my 10/22 an "assault weapon" Sporting Systems spent a LOT of their own money to give voters a do over. We could not even get enough gun owners to sign the damn petition to put it back on the ballot. :mad:
So yes, a LOT of gun owners voted for this. Hope they enjoy it when they go to buy a gun and get turned away.

Maybe he is on board with the train wreck strategy and is trying to expedite the misery so people realize what a mistake they made by letting this pass.
I have often wished I could be standing there when someone gets scared over the rampant crime, then comes it to buy a gun, and finds out they supported making it very hard for them to get one. I would love to be there and ask, "so how did you vote?"

I have often wished I could be standing there when someone gets scared over the rampant crime, then comes it to buy a gun, and finds out they supported making it very hard for them to get one. I would love to be there and ask, "so how did you vote?"
There's a couple of older gals I talked to about this measure. Non gun owners. Not a lick of gun savvy. I'd like to ask the one, that I've known for many years. And then say FU if she didn't vote, or voted Yea. Nothing worse than those ignorant people that will not educate themselves on a topic, but take the word of other ignorant people on how to vote. I'm done with dems. I'm about to ask how people voted. Stranded by the road? "Are you a dem?" "Yeah?" Buh-bye.......

I think we have to accept the fact that there is a portion of the population that rabidly hates guns and would be ecstatic if a gun rapture occurred and in the blink of an eye all guns were gone. Unfortunately for us we have a large percentage of those people living in out State and they are multiplying like rabbits everyday. We can't get rid of these rabid gun haters (legally) so unless the 2A lovers begin multiplying at a greater rate we are eventually doomed.

Just playing Devil's advocate but is it possible the GM sees futility of adding more BGCs to avoid useless time and paperwork and possibly disgruntled customers when the checks don't make the NLT date ? (and deal with money returns)
That appears to be the case.

There's a couple of older gals I talked to about this measure. Non gun owners. Not a lick of gun savvy. I'd like to ask the one, that I've known for many years. And then say FU if she didn't vote, or voted Yea. Nothing worse than those ignorant people that will not educate themselves on a topic, but take the word of other ignorant people on how to vote. I'm done with dems. I'm about to ask how people voted. Stranded by the road? "Are you a dem?" "Yeah?" Buh-bye.......
Guy I used to work with often said if he was every holed up in some place with an active shooter he would do that. Ask those huddled with him, "who here voted for gun control?" Anyone that said yes he would say "get out" :s0140:

I can ASSURE you a LOT of gun owners sat out the election. Doing this means they voted for what won. Every time some new crap law goes in the net will for a long time have post after post of some gun owner who "just found out" about the new law. This one is really over the top bad. For weeks and then months we are going to see gun owners come here to gripe when they "find out" they can't go buy a gun. Anyone coming to the net to say they "just found out", voted for this. They can enjoy it and remember the old line "be careful what you ask for, you may get it". Many think I am too harsh of the gun owners who can't be bothered to watch what is going on until it slaps them in the face. I long ago lost all patience with people who live in the US and can not be bothered to watch what is going on with their rights. We have just had it too good for too long I guess. :(
Up here when the law was voted in to make my 10/22 an "assault weapon" Sporting Systems spent a LOT of their own money to give voters a do over. We could not even get enough gun owners to sign the damn petition to put it back on the ballot. :mad:
So yes, a LOT of gun owners voted for this. Hope they enjoy it when they go to buy a gun and get turned away.
$10 says any one of them can tell you every stupid stat on Babe Ruth's batting average at any given time, or how many tackles Tony Dorset avoided in '83 playing for the Cowboys, or how many small moles are on the back of whatever pop-star bimbo is popular this week…..

:rolleyes:

Check out this email that went out today to Tri-County Gun Club members. Rusty Jobe, general manager for the club, suspended all FFL transfers through the club today. Measure 114 hasn't even been formally enacted yet.
ARPC (Albany Rifle & Pistol Club) did the same thing when SB941 passed.

Last Edited:
It seems like you're viewing it as a political matter rather than a practical matter of not having the capability to handle the volume of transfers. They don't have the safe capacity or number of staff it would take to handle the volume of inquiries they've probably received. Have you called to ask why they did it or did you just show up here to gripe?

It seems like you're viewing it as a political matter rather than a practical matter of not having the capability to handle the volume of transfers. They don't have the safe capacity or number of staff it would take to handle the volume of inquiries they've probably received. Have you called to ask why they did it or did you just show up here to gripe?
We show up here to gripe. There are friends here. I can't think of a better place to do it? If it bothers a person, they shouldn't read it. I've un-watched a couple of threads myself because I'm sick of the bubblegum the voters, and so-called "Public Servants" have pulled on us and don't care to read anymore of it!

ARPC (Albany Rifle & Pistol Club) did the same thing when SB941 passed.
I know for a fact that ARPC became one of the leaders against 114. Some board members were initially concerned about tax exempt status, but soon became convinced it was in their best interest to fight this. Tri-County was very slow to join the fight.

We show up here to gripe. There are friends here. I can't think of a better place to do it? If it bothers a person, they shouldn't read it. I've un-watched a couple of threads myself because I'm sick of the bubblegum the voters, and so-called "Public Servants" have pulled on us and don't care to read anymore of it!
I think we do well to remember this. Not everyone has reached the same conclusions, nor has experience in the fight against this type of brutality. We can be firm with other members when pointing out how their actions may unintentionally hurt our cause, but we don't need to be demeaning. However, it is important to point out those that have failed to engage in the fight. I believe they should be challenged to explain themselves.

Griping is fine when warranted, my point was to ask if it was warranted at all. TCGC started doing transfers as a perk for club members. It's not a major source of revenue and they had to raise prices to even make it worth their time. If they decided to shut down the shooting range and turn it into a safe space maybe then the OP could be upset. Not accepting more transfers than they can handle while heading into an unknown legal landscape seems like a reasonable business and legal decision so members can still have a place to shoot.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top