JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
As of Monday 11/14, the que was over 10,000 waiting for background checks.
I picked up a gun today at TCGC. The waiting list is just a hair under 20,000. Most of those folks will not get their gun before Dec 8.

One of the ROs there used to work in the BGC for Oregon. Says they can approve 1 per minute and they only process during working hours. So 60 per hour, 8 hour day is 480. 5 days per week is 2400 per week, and we have just over 2 weeks until Dec 7. Lots of folks will not make it before the cutoff unless there is an injunction.

Just doing the math based on what the RO said.

I picked up a gun today at TCGC. The waiting list is just a hair under 20,000. Most of those folks will not get their gun before Dec 8.

One of the ROs there used to work in the BGC for Oregon. Says they can approve 1 per minute and they only process during working hours. So 60 per hour, 8 hour day is 480. 5 days per week is 2400 per week, and we have just over 2 weeks until Dec 7. Lots of folks will not make it before the cutoff unless there is an injunction.

Or, unless FFLs stand up for their customers and start implementing the 3 day rule.

TCGC could learn from J&B Firearms and Tigard Pawn 4 More among others.

What I want to know is how can the Secretary of State Shemia Fagan implement a measure that has not even been certified in to law? Measure 114 won't be certified until December 15, yet the SoS is saying that Measure 114 will take effect at 12:01am December 8th. How is this even legal?

What I want to know is how can the Secretary of State Shemia Fagan implement a measure that has not even been certified in to law? Measure 114 won't be certified until December 15, yet the SoS is saying that Measure 114 will take effect at 12:01am December 8th. How is this even legal?
The "law" is what a black robe says it is until another black robe higher up the chain says something different. :(

I heard tcgc is asking for social media for new members now?
I know nothing about that but it says you have to pass a background check early on in their multi, multi, multi-step membership evaluation process. So is this the same background check as you would if buying a firearm? If so, with the m114 delays how would anyone ever get approved? "No dog in the fight" here as I'm not a member there.

I know nothing about that but it says you have to pass a background check early on in their multi, multi, multi-step membership evaluation process. So is this the same background check as you would if buying a firearm? If so, with the m114 delays how would anyone ever get approved? "No dog in the fight" here as I'm not a member there.
Lol no. You don't need to pass a background check to become a member. They do require you to be a NRA member, though I think that's been highly relaxed. There is also a live fire training aspect of the new member orientation, no one really fails this either as those that need assistance tend to get it and those that are competent tend to be moved on with haste.

This isn't to buy a Gun, it's to be a member.

Lol no. You don't need to pass a background check to become a member. They do require you to be a NRA member, though I think that's been highly relaxed. There is also a live fire training aspect of the new member orientation, no one really fails this either as those that need assistance tend to get it and those that are competent tend to be moved on with haste.

This isn't to buy a Gun, it's to be a member.
That's not what their website says:
0933CAEA-5D92-470F-BD31-02189332A506.jpeg

That must be new as I did not have to back when I joined, but one reason iI never liked using their FFL was that if you got denied for any reason on the BGC your membership was terminated immediatly. I get the idea they are going for, if you can't leagally own a gun you don't need a gun club membership, but I don't trust the state to get things correct every time, and dealing with the management of TCGC on top of the state to get things corrected in not on my short list of things to worry about. I would just use a cheaper and more convenient FFL instead.

There is always one person that takes to the Internet.

The club has 6,000 members. And a year or longer waiting list to become one.

They don't charge a lot for the annual membership either.

If they were reviewing social media it would be known.

I'm unaware of must pass a background check. If that role exists in the book it was not done when I joined. I'm not sure how I'd feel if they were requesting it now.

There is always one person that takes to the Internet.

The club has 6,000 members. And a year or longer waiting list to become one.

They don't charge a lot for the annual membership either.

If they were reviewing social media it would be known.

I'm unaware of must pass a background check. If that role exists in the book it was not done when I joined. I'm not sure how I'd feel if they were requesting it now.
I did not do a background check either.

Yes it's required. Please see their posted membership process above. Did their leadership change lately?
I saw it. Just surprised as it was never even brought up.

It might be similar to the wording Sportsmans had when I worked there about 8 years or so ago. I was supposed to be able to pass a background check if I worked the Gun counter. They never issued one for me though. I guess if I never bought a Gun there during that time they would never know.

Check out this email that went out today to Tri-County Gun Club members. Rusty Jobe, general manager for the club, suspended all FFL transfers through the club today. Measure 114 hasn't even been formally enacted yet.

If this how easy supposed supporters of the Second Amendment fold, we're in real trouble folks.

View attachment 1309916
I really do not understand this comment, but everyone gets their say. No one has to ask my permission to do so.

This law has been voted on and has passed. A lousy a piece of legislation for sure, but an FFL will not be able to just ignore the 'rules' without endangering themselves and their business. I believe that eventually the act will be deemed unconstitutional by a federal court and get tossed. But just what happens if TCGC flouts the rules and continues to do transfers? The state could pull the permits that allow them to operate, claim the lead usage could endanger people in the area, and claim its a dangerous operation. Stopping transfers is the right thing to do to protect the business, for the benefit of all the members. Find a better way to fight this.

Note: I am no longer a member but have moved out of state. I did enjoy the facilities there and have nothing like it around here in Texas. Good Luck!

All this was another reason my dad retired letting his 07 FFL go and canceled his TCGC membership. He said it got too political and too PC. I won't get a membership their for the same reason.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top