JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It's still comparable to .223 and has a much more satisfying thump ;)

But, there are MANY 5.56 AK/not-AR offerings that are cooler too... Galil SAR/AR/ARM/Micro/Ace, Beryl, SAM5, WBP, Zastava, 805 Bren, Bren 2, CETME L, HK93, Carmel, Tavor SAR, Tavor X95, AUG, yadda yadda.
Kinda defeats the purpose. If you go .223/556 might as well go with the AR platform. Only reason I see in going piston system is when you get under 10in in 556

Kinda defeats the purpose. If you go .223/556 might as well go with the AR platform. Only reason I see in going piston system is when you get under 10in in 556
The AR platform is like an unflavored sno-cone or freezer burnt vanilla ice cream :p

Not every firearm has to have a purpose other than collectability and cool-factor. 98% of my stuff has almost zero "tactical" utility but it's way more satisfying (and a much better investment) than a safe full of ARs.

As for AK vs AR, I'll leave both at home at take my Degtyarev Pekhotny Modernizirovanny in 7.62x54r, the greatest cartridge on earth
:s0014:

Last Edited:
Speaking of embracing...

December, 11, 2023
PORTLAND – Gov. Tina Kotek and members of her Portland Central City Task Force say the city needs more police officers on the ground, tax breaks for businesses and a ban on public drug use.
Same thing happening in Seattle, and quietly in Olympia. The pendulum is swinging back.

The AR platform is like an unflavored sno-cone or freezer burnt vanilla ice cream :p

Not every firearm has to have a purpose other than collectability and cool-factor. 98% of my stuff has almost zero "tactical" utility but it's way more satisfying (and a much better investment) than a safe full of ARs.

As for AK vs AR, I'll leave both at home at take my Degtyarev Pekhotny Modernizirovanny in 7.62x54r, the greatest cartridge on earth
:s0014:
Id argue you want your fighting gun to be boringly reliable.
Nothing wrong with a owning alot of guns Id just prefer to train, in that regards ammo price and functionality matters. Not saying I dont own "cool guns" but its never been the primary focus.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews