JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
In a better world... you would "think" it wouldn't require much public feedback.

Simply having the discrepancy and detrimental impact on a local business pointed out should be enough for them to say, "Oh yeah... we didn't think about that. That's a valid issue." and reconsider their proposed boundary.

That would make too much common sense though, wouldn't it(?) 🤔

In a better world... you would "think" it wouldn't require much public feedback.

Simply having the discrepancy and detrimental impact on a local business pointed out should be enough for them to say, "Oh yeah... we didn't think about that. That's a valid issue." and reconsider their proposed boundary.

That would make too much common sense though, wouldn't it(?) 🤔

Being an inflexible monolith is the primary thing that brought down the USSR.

/thread.

Thanks everyone!

Parting comments:

About 100 people sent the requested comment to ODFW. It was effective. ODFW only received a total of about 130 email comments related to PAC boundary revision, and 100 were from "us", so we did make some kind of impact.

Our Club email list has 500 members, only about 35 sent comments.
This board has thousands of members, ~30 sent comments.
Other Oregon gun clubs have thousands of members, ~35 sent comments.

Political unity is essential for political success.

Leftists are very easy to organize and unite in support of shared goals. The left mentality seems to have common observable characteristics: a willingness to engage and participate in political processes and actions, a willingness to put aside minor differences to unite in support of shared goals, and ease of organization: leftists are easy to unite on the basis of emotion.

You can even see this phenomenon in the Oregon Liberal Gun Owners impact: they number less than conservative and moderate gun owners, but are at least as politically capable.

When I conducted the M114 yard sign effort, I was surprised by how few people were willing to contribute or participate. Even on this board.
This time around, I was surprised that only 100 people bothered to send a comment to ODFW. At least 6000 people saw our plea.

Massive numbers of moderates and conservatives are willing to complain about the current state of our society and our political affairs, but very few are willing to make small contributions of time or money to oppose pointless or destructive public policy, or to support intelligent public policy.

Until that changes, enjoy losing. Even your natural human rights that are protected by constitutional law.

The funny part is that even loss of such rights is not enough to convince concerned people to organize into effective political numbers to stop the loss.
America has 80 million gun owners and 80 million old people.
NRA has 4 million members. AARP has 40 million.
NRA ain't great, but it is by far the largest pro-2A org we have, and most members of other 2A orgs are also NRA members.

When AARP demonstrates any political inclination, it is always left of center. Do the math.

Personally, I think right people are busier than left people, and more crotchety. They have less time and less inclination to unite.

As I said, enjoy losing until you get willing to unite in politically effective numbers to stop the slide.

The funny part is that even loss of such rights is not enough to convince concerned people to organize into effective political numbers to stop the loss.
America has 80 million gun owners and 80 million old people.
As I said, enjoy losing until you get willing to unite in politically effective numbers to stop the slide.
Bad news hits home when someone is actually affected. Even libs woke up to the street violence problem, but it took the violence hitting them and their personal friends to get them to think about it. Don't wait until you have lost rights to get active. Get active while you can prevent the loss

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top