JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It's still comparable to .223 and has a much more satisfying thump ;)

But, there are MANY 5.56 AK/not-AR offerings that are cooler too... Galil SAR/AR/ARM/Micro/Ace, Beryl, SAM5, WBP, Zastava, 805 Bren, Bren 2, CETME L, HK93, Carmel, Tavor SAR, Tavor X95, AUG, yadda yadda.
Kinda defeats the purpose. If you go .223/556 might as well go with the AR platform. Only reason I see in going piston system is when you get under 10in in 556

Kinda defeats the purpose. If you go .223/556 might as well go with the AR platform. Only reason I see in going piston system is when you get under 10in in 556
The AR platform is like an unflavored sno-cone or freezer burnt vanilla ice cream :p

Not every firearm has to have a purpose other than collectability and cool-factor. 98% of my stuff has almost zero "tactical" utility but it's way more satisfying (and a much better investment) than a safe full of ARs.

As for AK vs AR, I'll leave both at home at take my Degtyarev Pekhotny Modernizirovanny in 7.62x54r, the greatest cartridge on earth
:s0014:

Last Edited:
Speaking of embracing...

December, 11, 2023
PORTLAND – Gov. Tina Kotek and members of her Portland Central City Task Force say the city needs more police officers on the ground, tax breaks for businesses and a ban on public drug use.
Same thing happening in Seattle, and quietly in Olympia. The pendulum is swinging back.

The AR platform is like an unflavored sno-cone or freezer burnt vanilla ice cream :p

Not every firearm has to have a purpose other than collectability and cool-factor. 98% of my stuff has almost zero "tactical" utility but it's way more satisfying (and a much better investment) than a safe full of ARs.

As for AK vs AR, I'll leave both at home at take my Degtyarev Pekhotny Modernizirovanny in 7.62x54r, the greatest cartridge on earth
:s0014:
Id argue you want your fighting gun to be boringly reliable.
Nothing wrong with a owning alot of guns Id just prefer to train, in that regards ammo price and functionality matters. Not saying I dont own "cool guns" but its never been the primary focus.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA

New Resource Reviews