JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
the background check part has been there a while, it was there when i signed up.

i should be eligible next October lol, but im probably not going to join. cost is super high, too many people and the BGC is a bit off putting. with all those people though i guess the bgc makes sense. but yeah likely not for me.

I like all of the measures that some people don't seem to like. I didnt have to do a background check but I'm glad if they require it now. I wouldn't want felons with guns around me and my family.

I like the strict range rules as well. Getting accidentally shot would totally ruin my range visit.

All this was another reason my dad retired letting his 07 FFL go and canceled his TCGC membership. He said it got too political and too PC. I won't get a membership their for the same reason.
Name a better place to shoot that will allow you to shoot 7 days a week all year for one price. I was retired and the cost for that was truly minimal. Any time one belongs to a club there are rules, rules for the safety of all concerned.

Whether you choose to join, or not, is a decision only you can make.

Name a better place to shoot that will allow you to shoot 7 days a week all year for one price. I was retired and the cost for that was truly minimal. Any time one belongs to a club there are rules, rules for the safety of all concerned.

Tillamook state forest.

I grew up in Vancouver rifle pistol and Clark rifles and have spent a lot of time at tri county. I know the whole gun club bit and as I get older now I just don't like to deal with people. So yeah I won't become a member of tri County as I prefer to shoot in the woods with very few people.

Wolf creek! And a lot of other places.

You all need not send me messages. As I said, you can choose to go anywhere you want to go. The overall goal is to go and practice your shooting. All I said was that I liked TCGC. I am neither offended or angry. I used to drive to the Brown's Camp quarry. But it was nicer being close to home.

I really do not understand this comment, but everyone gets their say. No one has to ask my permission to do so.

This law has been voted on and has passed. A lousy a piece of legislation for sure, but an FFL will not be able to just ignore the 'rules' without endangering themselves and their business. I believe that eventually the act will be deemed unconstitutional by a federal court and get tossed. But just what happens if TCGC flouts the rules and continues to do transfers? The state could pull the permits that allow them to operate, claim the lead usage could endanger people in the area, and claim its a dangerous operation. Stopping transfers is the right thing to do to protect the business, for the benefit of all the members. Find a better way to fight this.

Note: I am no longer a member but have moved out of state. I did enjoy the facilities there and have nothing like it around here in Texas. Good Luck!
This is a common theme with too many gun owners. Gun owners screw themselves with new laws. Then gun owners want to look for others to take out their anger on who had NOTHING to do with the new laws.

Any non-profit gun range that gets a FFL to do transfers is a fool organization. TCGC is finding this out just like ARPC found this out. A FFL takes a ton of time and resources in the organization these mid size non-profits just don't have. It also increases risk to the organization with no reward. They will do much better focusing on maintaining and providing a place to shoot for their membership.

The gun forums seem to be a place for the hotheads to vent because the RSO won't let them muzzle-flash everyone and fire rounds up into the air like it was an Afghan wedding.

I have often wished I could be standing there when someone gets scared over the rampant crime, then comes it to buy a gun, and finds out they supported making it very hard for them to get one. I would love to be there and ask, "so how did you vote?"
When I've heard liberal, anti-gunners say, "I'm going to hang with the gun-owning rednecks when the sh!+ goes down!", my reply has been, "No, you won't!".

I think you guys have come across guys at public outdoor shooting areas that have made you pack up and leave. I think that's what he's talking about.

Worst I've seen is a guy literally shooting down small trees with what seemed like a fully automatic rifle.

I think you guys have come across guys at public outdoor shooting areas that have made you pack up and leave. I think that's what he's talking about.

Worst I've seen is a guy literally shooting down small trees with what seemed like a fully automatic rifle.
Yes and sadly people like that are the ones that get "open area's" closed to shooting. They drag trash out to shoot at and leave it, make a huge mess, shoot at signs, tree's, power lines, you name it they feel its a target. Then when the place gets shut down they scream. 🤬

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top