JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Many states don't have a "SENIOR" discount anymore, thus no definition...:(

I don't think you are looking hard enough, there are several stores that offer a senior citizen discount on a particular day. Fred Meyer does it, for example. At a government/state level. Many cities have discounts on utilities or other services beyond a certain age or below a certain income.

:) guys it's just the way I am so forgive me for being a cheer leader. It really isnt' the outside of the person because look at all the disable people in this world that fight their disabilities, it's the fight inside you. I believe a man will know when his fight will come to its end but it will be his heart that tells him and he will push his body till his heart quits.

My 83 year old neighbor turned me on to the Blue Emu. I've always been a fan of Tiger Balm and Dr. Watkins linament but this stuff is a game changer. It's a little goopy putting it on but there's zero smell and it dries/absorbs quickly. For me, it works on muscles, joint and even on dry elbow skin. I'm McLovin' this stuff. Worth the price, about 18 bucks for a jar. Lasts a while though.
But yes, I'm (painfully aware..) not in my 20's anymore these days and I'm not going to try to throw down with some MMA thug, which one reason why I carry. I'm constantly looking for ways to stay flexible and keep a good range of movement.

Just think about how prepared the rear guard will be? A bunch of us codgers going out in a blaze of glory. We'll definitely be giving our loved ones a jump on getting themselves set-up. I honestly couldn't think of a better way to go, if I know I'm a liability for bugging out, I'll be doing whatever I can to give the able bodied the best chance they can get.

Curious...

At what particular age is one considered "OLD"...???:)

Without qualifiers that's about as "loose" a question as you can ask.

When I was 12 years old, 25 was old and 60 just plain ancient.
Now that 60 is getting hard to remember, maybe 12 year olds are more astute than I thought.

I have no illusions about being a Rambo. Gave up on that and hunting almost 20 years ago after my last elk hunting trip - on the third day I had so much back pain I couldn't walk much anymore. That is after weeks of taking long walks to get into shape. It was coming down the hills that killed my back - still does. Puts my lower back and hips at an angle the impinges on the nerves and causes a lot of pain.

Yes, I need to do stretches and I need to exercise. I also have an inversion table that I should use more often - it helps put traction on the lower back. But nothing helps that lower back when doing certain things because those nerves get pushed on due to the injury. At that point I can't do anything like walking and even though I won't be hunting or patrolling much, I still may have to walk home if something like an earthquake hits while I am away from home.

My main hope is that nothing like that happens.

Depends.jpg

I've always been active; Hunting,working. Took a few months off and crap,everything went south.
Breathing,strength,endurance all gone.

Unfortunately attitude is still alive and well. Thought I had that COP on commercials.

Bought a bow flex Bowflex Max Trainer M5

What a difference 3-5 minuets every morning with stretching and bending feeling loads better and the aches and pains are way less.

Blue-Emu VALUE SIZE for when craziness arrives, good to go.

To the OP, why not just work within your limitations and train as you anticipate your needs in SHTF? If you worry about walking home then walk as much as you can when you are home. Train with a pack as that would play into a likely get home scenario. Carrying a ladder over distance, and that required range of motion, is less likely to play into things than tramping with a pack. IMHO.

I have no illusions about being a Rambo. Gave up on that and hunting almost 20 years ago after my last elk hunting trip - on the third day I had so much back pain I couldn't walk much anymore. That is after weeks of taking long walks to get into shape. It was coming down the hills that killed my back - still does. Puts my lower back and hips at an angle the impinges on the nerves and causes a lot of pain.

Yes, I need to do stretches and I need to exercise. I also have an inversion table that I should use more often - it helps put traction on the lower back. But nothing helps that lower back when doing certain things because those nerves get pushed on due to the injury. At that point I can't do anything like walking and even though I won't be hunting or patrolling much, I still may have to walk home if something like an earthquake hits while I am away from home.

My main hope is that nothing like that happens.

teeter inversion table, I got a table also.
Didn't work miracles on me but it does work and worth having around.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top