JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ya but that high blood pressure is going to make you give up so much in life. Going for a 2 mile dog walk now, time to give the pooch some exercise.:)

It isn't stressful for me to debate politics/etc.

The content of the posts doesn't matter or even posting or watching funny cat videos.

Where this is harmful is that I am sitting here in a recliner instead of being outside doing stuff.

I do find that my work stresses me at times and the fact that it is office work does not help.

I don't want to turn this into my daily old man complaint about my health, rather I would prefer that people take this as a warning to not do what I did; ignore issues as they appear, especially when you get older.

I had a good and bad day today; had SIL come up and help me do some things. The hardest was putting a small plexiglass awning above my front door to reduce how much I get rained on while at the door locking/unlocking it. Definitely a two man job. Quite a number of times while we were working on it, the vision in my left eye went away.

I know why and I am being treated for it - high blood pressure. I am on BP meds now, and I am seeing several doctors, but it is damaging my eye even with the meds. For years I had various doctors tell me I had high blood pressure and should get it checked. Like the procrastinator I am, I said yeah, and just ignored it until it became this bad.

My family has a history of strokes - one probably killed my mother. She warned us kids to be careful before she died.

Don't wait - don't ignore it - if you want to survive.

Wound up in the ER yesterday.

So I took off from work early to go home and figured I would stop at an 'immediate care' clinic on my way home to get checked out.

Long story short, they sent me to the ER to be safe.
Last time I went to the ER after work to check some worrisome symptoms, I ended up with an ambulance Bill and over a week in the cardiac unit.

I don't want to turn this into my daily old man complaint about my health, rather I would prefer that people take this as a warning to not do what I did; ignore issues as they appear, especially when you get older.

I had a good and bad day today; had SIL come up and help me do some things. The hardest was putting a small plexiglass awning above my front door to reduce how much I get rained on while at the door locking/unlocking it. Definitely a two man job. Quite a number of times while we were working on it, the vision in my left eye went away.

I know why and I am being treated for it - high blood pressure. I am on BP meds now, and I am seeing several doctors, but it is damaging my eye even with the meds. For years I had various doctors tell me I had high blood pressure and should get it checked. Like the procrastinator I am, I said yeah, and just ignored it until it became this bad.

My family has a history of strokes - one probably killed my mother. She warned us kids to be careful before she died.

Don't wait - don't ignore it - if you want to survive.
Jeez, I'd do whatever extreme measures necessary to ameliorate that, were it me.. and I'm not talking just popping a few pills. I'd not look further down the road than the present moment of what I could do/be doing right now, not some master plan set ten years from now for some likely to never be realized perfect castle with a moat around it and a partridge in a pear tree.
I hope I wasn't too harsh and I hope you fare well with this issue.

Heretic,

If you start feeling really weird from the high BP, you know to lay down right where you're at, right?
When the BP pills became too much for my mom and she was fainting from too low BP, that's what the 911 operator told me.
Lay down. It will even out your BP.

Dean

Jeez, I'd do whatever extreme measures necessary to ameliorate that, were it me.. and I'm not talking just popping a few pills. I'd not look further down the road than the present moment of what I could do/be doing right now, not some master plan set ten years from now for some likely to never be realized perfect castle with a moat around it and a partridge in a pear tree.
I hope I wasn't too harsh and I hope you fare well with this issue.

Without going into details I am working on it along with the doctors.

Believe me, how serious this is does not escape me.

Heretic,

If you start feeling really weird from the high BP, you know to lay down right where you're at, right?
When the BP pills became too much for my mom and she was fainting from too low BP, that's what the 911 operator told me.
Lay down. It will even out your BP.

Dean

I don't think the BP meds are enough at this point - they started me at a low dose. I had another problem this morning but I wasn't doing anything to bring it on like yesterday. Measured my BP and it was not too low - borderline high.

Getting lab tests done in the morning.

Working on it.

I don't think the BP meds are enough at this point - they started me at a low dose. I had another problem this morning but I wasn't doing anything to bring it on like yesterday. Measured my BP and it was not too low - borderline high.

Getting lab tests done in the morning.

Working on it.
High or low, just lay down when you feel really weird. It will help even out your BP.
Good luck with your lab tests.

Dean

High or low, just lay down when you feel really weird. It will help even out your BP.
Good luck with your lab tests.

Dean

Yes - I sit down and put my head down. Sometimes I lay down, but that usually means laying down on something soaking wet when I am outside this time of year. This morning it wasn't that I was feeling weird, but the center of my vision was occluded by a bright spot - there seems to be at least three different vision symptoms - the bright spot (like when you stare into a bright light), bands of looking thru frost glass, and my vision dimming (that was yesterday).

I have a referral. I was told to wait a few days for the referral to go thru my insurance, and then if I don't hear from the office to call. I am calling tomorrow. IIRC I would be scheduled for EKG and a stress test, etc.

ASAP. I would get a bit more pushy than waiting a few days. I would want to be in there tomorrow for exactly what you said. Not wanting to alarm you, but do not be surprised if you might have to have some stent, vein rotor rooter or bypass work. It works wonders.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top