JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I got into a Corvette a couple of years ago, felt like a contortionist. I had to fall out of it and crawl on my hands and knees to get clear of it.

I got into a Corvette a couple of years ago, felt like a contortionist. I had to fall out of it and crawl on my hands and knees to get clear of it.
I'll bet that made an impression on the showroom floor.

Only one alternative to getting older...no thanks for now...:D

OK, you've had your wake-up call.

I cut some maple yesterday; I could barely move last night. Sure, I over-did-it...I'll have it no other way...with my history, I have no business going at it that hard from 2 months of reading and walking in the park.

View attachment 427726

Growing older each year; being a typical logistical asymptote; we have to establish the new baseline each year...to be our current best.

Well done; you're that much further ahead of those who are suffering from cognitive dissonance.

:cool:
English Only!

My mom had a '99 Corolla, 4-door. I gotta do the same thing getting in and out of it.....and now its mine. I tell ya'...sometimes, the world ain't fair, but hey, I gotta "new" car! :s0155: :p

Last Edited:
Today I walked around my woods with a logger and my neighbor - maybe a quarter of a mile.

It was the inclines (in and out of a gully) that hurt my lower back. It stiffened up and ached.

Going out now to test fire my P227 to verify that the new springs work in the mags, see if I can get my back to loosen up.
Have you tried laying on the floor, on your stomach?
I spazzd my back taking the canopy off my old truck about 20 years ago.
I was given giant Ibuprofen pills (800 mg per. 2, 3 times a day) and some physical therapy exercises to do.
Doc told me if I didn't feel better, or was still in ANY pain in a couple of weeks, to come back and he'd schedule an MRI.
Well, the pills and exercise worked. I was so impressed by those exercises that I remembered them and still do some of them from time to time.
Most are just relaxation and stretching exercises.
First and foremost, lay on a stiff surface, on your stomach, hands at your sides, head turned to whatever direction is comfortable for you.
Stay there for about 10 minutes and concentrate on relaxing your lower back.
After that, get up on your elbows (slowly!) and keep concentrating on relaxing your lower back for another 5-10 minutes.
See if that doesn't help, when the pain springs up.....of course, if you're out in the woods, you'll have to make your way back home first, but once you get home, give it a try.
I just lay on the floor, but if you have some kind of thin padded mat you can lay down on the floor, all the better.
DO NOT do this on the bed or couch. Too soft!
The doc told me laying on your stomach is the only way to take all the tension and pressure off your lower back.
While your problems may go deeper than just muscle relaxation, it could be tensed up muscles that are aggravating the problem.
Can't hurt, it can only help.
Give it a shot and see how you fare.

Dean

Heretic, and other with aches and pain. I strongly suggest finding a good physical therapist. My sister did her PhD study on patients with severe back problems. Half went through surgery and the other half went through physical therapy. The patients who went through the physical therapy had a much higher success rate. There are so many ways to exercise, a good rehab therapist should be able to improve your situation. Don't live with the pain and let it restrict your life.

I got in and out of a C5 (or was it a C6?) ok, and I am 6'6" 260#, but I can't get into an MR2 and either of the Lotus sports cars I need help getting in and out.
Got into a marriage twenty-five years ago and still haven't found a way out.

I am thinking it's just the small things that make you feel old so here is something that seems small but helps with a problem old men suffer greatly from. Old guys get old man's but-t, you lose weight in your backside and it's a fight to just keep your pants up much less taking on the apocalypse. Who you going to fight with your a$$ hanging out? There are some good clip suspenders that hook onto your belt and hold not just your pant up but your belt loaded with your EDC.

I have worn these for years now and they really help an old man.

Men's Perry Side Clip Suspenders

I am thinking it's just the small things that make you feel old so here is something that seems small but helps with a problem old men suffer greatly from. Old guys get old man's but-t, you lose weight in your backside and it's a fight to just keep your pants up much less taking on the apocalypse. Who you going to fight with your a$$ hanging out? There are some good clip suspenders that hook onto your belt and hold not just your pant up but your belt loaded with your EDC.

Heh, I'm all bubblegum, baby!

:s0091:

I've gotten used to the "small things", and my posterior has gotten larger not smaller. I do wear suspenders though because my posterior has not kept pace with my waistline. I used to be a beanpole at 6'6" 160 pounds. Now I am 260 pounds - not fat, but flabby and out of shape. I could lose 40 pounds and be much better off.

No it is the things like not being able to walk at all that worry me.

sounds like the pain is a little lower than the 'low back'.....;)
Naw. Woke up today and it was 7°(F) with a wind. Had to scrape the driveway of snow and lay down sand, but the sun was out and she helped me split firewood (we went through more than anticipated this season). Finished up around noon at a balmy 17°(F).

She's helpful. Think I'll keep her.

Oh! And she made cookies.

Screwed up my back again today and my knee started acting up.

I was unloading firewood, splitting and stacking it.

Just got to give my back some rest now - but it is hard to get things done (much less try to get in shape) when this happens.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top