JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

How many firearms that you own that you have not fired

• More than 10

Votes: 11 6.7%
  • 5-10

Votes: 17 10.3%
  • 1-5

Votes: 63 38.2%
  • None. You other guys don't get to the range often enough!

Votes: 74 44.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
i have a greener shotgun made in 1884 that after rounding up the ammo ,short 10 ga is hard to find, doing a pre shoot inspection I realized it had never been fired and i just don't have the heart to shoot it and it would cost me a grand to bust that first cap on it. so i do have one and some old 32 rimfire pistols that are most likely unsafe to shoot.

These shouldn't count, right?

That is no lie there:s0155: I think this year flew by like no others. And as for guns I have to many that I have not got to shoot yet:(

I had no idea this thread would have the legs it has had. There's apparently a bunch of us who need to spend more range time! I think my New Years resolution will be to have no guns in the safe that I haven't fired.

"Hi, I'm Cougfan, and I have fired every gun in my safe!"

The Choir: "Go, and sin no more!"

But this thread is rather disturbing, it implies that I won't loose my desire to own more guns even when I have so many I don't even get around to ever shooting some of them? Maybe some of us need a 12 step program?[/QUOTE]

It is not disturbing at all. It is a relief that I am not the only afflicted one.
Do you know what it feels like to go into a shop and walk out with nothing in hand? That is the worst feeling a man can experience. It makes me shiver just thinking about it. I get a lump in my throat each time I leave a shop not having found that elusive one "I just gotta have". It just makes you want to go to every shop right away to get that fix...I mean to look at more guns..... I mean to look for a certain gun...........I mean to see what the other shop has.............OK..OK "I am a gun aholic and my name is Deadeye".
Now I am going to have to go to confession and I'm not even Catholic.:(

I have 3 guns that have never been fired by me: 1. a newly aquired black friday special (22LR Henry lever action) & an MK9 I traded for & a Winchester model 70 in 300 win mag. I plan to get to the range soon...

I use to have a bunch of 303 British Enfields that I had never even pulled the trigger on, but I traded those off.

Last Edited:
I have a safe queen, it's not very common and hasn't been made in a long time. Museums will have very rare unfired examples of current firearms someday, if everyone fired every gun there wouldn't be any pristine examples left.
I have a shooter just like the safe queen, there is no reason to expect the safe queen to shoot any differently.

I mean, I can totally understand people that just like to collect. For me, it's hard to appreciate a gun without having fired it, so if I see a gun that I'm not gonna shoot, whether because it's so rare, or fancy, or whatever other reason, I don't consider getting it.

Yes, it's a difficult thing, but imagine having a 16th century wheel lock, a one of a kind. No one in their right mind would shoot it unless WW3 had just started, which of course would eliminate all collector value. :D

In the case of mine I have a shooter, and there's no real difference, and it's the value I'm looking at in keeping it unfired.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top