JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

How many firearms that you own that you have not fired

• More than 10

Votes: 11 6.7%
  • 5-10

Votes: 17 10.3%
  • 1-5

Votes: 63 38.2%
  • None. You other guys don't get to the range often enough!

Votes: 74 44.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
None for me. I guess I understand the collectible thing but other than that having a gun that you never shoot is like buying beer that you never drink.

I'm glad someone posted this,
I personally have never owned a gun for more than a week or two without yanking the bang switch. I would never want an untested gun in my house.

However, My pops has purchased probably (guessing) 5 guns in the last 6-7 years that I know he has never fired. Even the gun he used to carry!!!!
And he has several other guns I would bet he hasn't fired in the last 15 years.

It amazes me. I buy guns not only fo safety, but because I love shooting.
I have a friend that bought a judge yesterday, we might go shoot it tomorrow.

I'm glad someone posted this,
I personally have never owned a gun for more than a week or two without yanking the bang switch. I would never want an untested gun in my house.

However, My pops has purchased probably (guessing) 5 guns in the last 6-7 years that I know he has never fired. Even the gun he used to carry!!!!
And he has several other guns I would bet he hasn't fired in the last 15 years.

It amazes me. I buy guns not only fo safety, but because I love shooting.
I have a friend that bought a judge yesterday, we might go shoot it tomorrow.

I see your point about guns you have never shot, but the few guns I have that I have not shot are not my primary SD guns. Any gun I carry or keep as an SD gun readily available in the house has been proven on the range or I won't have it readily available in the house or carry it. If you buy guns only for safety, then your regimen makes sense.

I, among others here, have the luxury of having some guns that are "waiting in the wings" as it were. The best example I can think of are all or the guns I listed in my original post. All will eventually make it to the range. None of them is a primary carry or HD gun. Some of them, even after being proven on the range, will never be my primary HD guns.

I see your point about guns you have never shot, but the few guns I have that I have not shot are not my primary SD guns. Any gun I carry or keep as an SD gun readily available in the house has been proven on the range or I won't have it readily available in the house or carry it. If you buy guns only for safety, then your regimen makes sense.

I, among others here, have the luxury of having some guns that are "waiting in the wings" as it were. The best example I can think of are all or the guns I listed in my original post. All will eventually make it to the range. None of them is a primary carry or HD gun. Some of them, even after being proven on the range, will never be my primary HD guns.

Yeah I'm just jealous I can't afford a "collection"

Is 2 guns considered a collection? LOL.

Someday I hope to buy guns I won't shoot, Someday!!!!!!!!!

Here in UK I shoot everything I have, even though they were called antiques by a fellow poster - but they DO include 2 x.308Win, 2 x 7mm Mauser, 2 x7.5 Swiss, a .58 and a .451 BP rifle, 9 x.22 rifles, two BP revolvers, and a wacky-looking long-barrelled revolver.

I shoot at least three times, often four times, every week.

Sadly, because of the record-keeping requirement used on ranges here in UK, if you don't use it, you can lose it. :(

tac

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads