JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

How many firearms that you own that you have not fired

• More than 10

Votes: 11 6.7%
  • 5-10

Votes: 17 10.3%
  • 1-5

Votes: 63 38.2%
  • None. You other guys don't get to the range often enough!

Votes: 74 44.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
An 1851 Colt .31 -works, but so old I'm cautious of firing it
WWI K98 Mauser -rusted solid
1890s Frontier Army .44 -missing an internal spring
plus my step grandpa's old S&W .38 from when he was warden of Walla Walla which I've shot twice and don't intend to again.

I have 2 in the safe that I haven't had the pleasure of shooting. One is a HK P30L that I received on a trade last Sunday and the other is a 1960 Ruger Standard .22LR that I bought a month or two ago.
I have been to the range twice in the last 4 weeks and I am really looking forward to shooting both of these pistols, it just hasn't been their turn yet.

I have to many that have not been fired. I hope like everybody else I have 2 primary rifles and 2 handguns that are shot. Thats why I have all these scopes just laying around because I just don't shoot all the rifles and handguns.

Scott

I have more than 10 I've never fired...

... but let me qualify that...

... I'm a C&R collector, and I focus a lot on Japanese firearms. Most are safe to shoot, but ammunition is expensive. Others are in pristine, unfired condition - and I want to keep them that way...

None here. I can shoot on my property, and the first thing I do when I get another gun is to check it out and get used to shooting it.

I don't have any collector guns. I buy only what I believe I'll use for hunting or carrying, or might use for home defense. I've bought just two new guns ever. I buy used and use them.

Before this year it had been 20 years since I added a gun to the stable.

$.02

Not a collector, but embarrassed to say there are 5 or 6 in the safe yet to be fired. I need to get to the range and remedy that soon. The ammo shortage this past year has been my excuse, but I have a little more now, and finally have a good place to shoot, so no more excuses. If it wasn't 23 degrees at the Oregon Coast this morning maybe I'd go shooting today!

I have one shotgun that... May or may not be mine.. but currently in my posession (My brother may or may not want it, not sure).. I've never fired it. It's old, and Im not sure what its capable of.

If it wasn't 23 degrees at the Oregon Coast this morning maybe I'd go shooting today!

Pansie! :s0114: It was 14 degrees in Hillsboro this morning, but I wasn't about to go shooting either.

Just one old Iver Johnson break top. I usually fire every gun right away so I know what I have. I'v got some I haven't fired for years tho.

I went shooting yesterday with my son, that kid is always amazing me, why after we had been out for an hour he came up with a superb idea for increasing accuracy, use the slightly less frozen middle finger on the trigger.

But this thread is rather disturbing, it implies that I won't loose my desire to own more guns even when I have so many I don't even get around to ever shooting some of them? Maybe some of us need a 12 step program?

i have a greener shotgun made in 1884 that after rounding up the ammo ,short 10 ga is hard to find, doing a pre shoot inspection I realized it had never been fired and i just don't have the heart to shoot it and it would cost me a grand to bust that first cap on it. so i do have one and some old 32 rimfire pistols that are most likely unsafe to shoot.

i have a greener shotgun made in 1884 that after rounding up the ammo ,short 10 ga is hard to find, doing a pre shoot inspection I realized it had never been fired and i just don't have the heart to shoot it and it would cost me a grand to bust that first cap on it. so i do have one and some old 32 rimfire pistols that are most likely unsafe to shoot.

An old Greener? Cool. Does it have damascus barrels?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top