JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I know your intentions are good but you are basically asking me to list all my guns on the internet. That's a big nope from me. WA will likely have a semi auto gun ban even in this legislative session and I expect OR to have a semi auto gun ban initiative in 2023. I think measure 114 has emboldened the anti-gunners and they are going to go after everything they can at the next opportunity (too bad not enough gun owners voted, not voting has consequences sadly).

I really like Hickok45's approach. He is happy to share his knowledge and experience with individual guns he owns or has owned. His response when people ask him to list all his guns, where he stores them, or similar is, "I don't talk about that".

My Benjamin marauder airgun has started leaking air out the front though.
There was really no reason for your reply. Lots of people post pictures of their guns and info about their guns, if you're not comfortable joining the conversation politely move on.

Guns come and go, I may or may not have the same guns in a year. I understand your point, but there is a certain amount of paranoia with your reasoning. I think the government needs to know what guns everyone has to show they are common place and make it more difficult for them to ban them.

You said there is paranoia in my reasoning. Some poeple back in July we're saying it was paranoia when several of us were saying if you are in OR don't wait until Nov to buy your guns. Well look where we are today. I don't value panic or paranoia. I do value getting info so u can make smart decisions for you.

Fe it looks like WA will be pushing for a semi auto weapons ban when the session starts less than a month from now. Whether that goes through or not who knows but it's wise to be aware of it. So I think there is plenty of reason for my reply.

Last Edited:
Re the false claim of "paranoia thinking", here is the judges ruling today on the OR mag ban where he says you have to surrender the mags or be arrested and charged and then you will have the chance to prove your innocence.

It's possible (likely?) that semi auto bans, if they become law in OR and WA, may work the same way, especially for OR where Levo is likely to again bring it forward. We are in in a messy situation until these new laws are settled in court. Best to be aware of what is going on.
B42F1C3D-D889-4048-8D87-F427AFB9E114.jpeg
121FAEB0-D8CD-41E0-BB52-0A8762FF4322.jpeg

Last Edited:
Yugoslavian Kragujevac Kalash imported in the 1980's by Mitchell Arms. Probably two cases of Yugo and Chinese ammo thru it. I don't shoot as much as I used to, but the rifle is still going strong.
Also my Dad's K98k ww2 bringback. never in my entire life has it choked when the trigger is pulled, milsurp, commercial, and reloads. It's a Spreewerk '43, having outlived the Reich it was built to defend by almost 80 years...

Last Edited:
Gosh I hate deraling a really good "gun" thread with another 114 topic, but...
Re the false claim of "paranoia thinking", here is the judges ruling today on the OR mag ban where he says you have to surrender the mags or be arrested and charged and then you will have the chance to prove your innocence.

It's possible (likely?) that semi auto bans, if they become law in OR and WA, may work the same way, especially for OR where Levo is likely to again bring it forward. We are in in a messy situation until these new laws are settled in court. Best to be aware of what is going on.
1066945-07ee2d0bb60c7a63e3d8d5819775d9f7.jpg
1066946-2f72bfdaaa1b03167eb83db0eb1eb63e.jpg
This is really important stuff right here. I figured the crafters of 114 made it an affirmative defense instead of an exception (either could have been done) but the affirmative defense makes the law evil and malicious. Truly, guilty until proven innocent. And apparently the judge agrees.

Now, back to cool gun stuff. We should make one on what brands of ammo have we never had an issue. Ok, that might be the shortest thread ever.

Gosh I hate deraling a really good "gun" thread with another 114 topic, but...

This is really important stuff right here. I figured the crafters of 114 made it an affirmative defense instead of an exception (either could have been done) but the affirmative defense makes the law evil and malicious. Truly, guilty until proven innocent. And apparently the judge agrees.

Now, back to cool gun stuff. We should make one on what brands of ammo have we never had an issue. Ok, that might be the shortest thread ever.
Never had a failure with eley match 22 ammo. But that may be due for be fact that I could only afford one half of a box (25 rounds)... :s0070:

Jennings J-22 - never malfunctioned or misfired even once.

Once I get around to actually loading and firing it, we'll see if that perfect record hold up... :)

All my guns shoot good, if they don't, I fix them. If I can't fix them off to the gunsmith they go. If he can't fix them, back to the factory they go.
I go with this plan. If the gun has problems, they get fixed or the gun goes away. Pretty good ethic for having stuff that works.

There was a guy on NWFA here recently, he was discussing his Remington 141 that was missing parts. He said he'd had it in the back of his closet for 20 years. What's the point?? I guess that's like the guy who has a derelict car in his front yard, it sits there for 20-30 years, going back into the soil. When asked, he will say, "I'm gonna fix it up some day."

I don't keep records of round counts, like the log book for an 8 inch howitzer.

If a gun has a one-off issue once in a while, I don't count against it. Like the seventh round jam in M1 Rifles, happens in many, sometimes you can never make it go away completely, it just is.

Impressions of guns of mine that have consistently performed without issues: Glock 19 and Remington 870.

Nearly all the ammo I shoot is reloaded, which tends to introduce an issue now and then just on its own.

Mostly shooting .22 lately. The Henry lever rifle has north of 2,000 rounds downrange with no problems. By my records, I've shot 17 various makes and types of .22 ... the Henry shoots everything well. The Ruger Wrangler has around 800 rounds downrange with no malfunctions. Not a 'tack driver' but fun. Winchester T22 40 grain LRN will not chamber in the Wrangler.

Mostly shooting .22 lately. The Henry lever rifle has north of 2,000 rounds downrange with no problems. By my records, I've shot 17 various makes and types of .22 ... the Henry shoots everything well. The Ruger Wrangler has around 800 rounds downrange with no malfunctions. Not a 'tack driver' but fun. Winchester T22 40 grain LRN will not chamber in the Wrangler.
That's weird, Henry .22 was the only gun I ever sold, was boring and I forgot about it as it was the worst.
Second time out I think it cycled every other round or at least that is what it seemed like.

Aguila is no prize but my sr 22 which is not the most reliable has way less problems than that Henry.

I have a 1941 dated Remington 510 rifle.
No idea of the round count...again such things really ain't interesting to me.
( Just how well the firearm has been maintained or the lack thereof is of more interest to me )

It shoots very nicely...and does not really favor any one brand or type of ammo over another.
'Course we ain't talkin' bout a high grade target rifle for 'shoots nicely"...but it does well for small clay bird bits , spent shotgun shells and the odd colored rock out to 100 yards or so.

Being a single shot it will also shoot shorts and longs ( if one were to find those ).
A plus with the single shot aspect is that any .22LR will work with no worries of not cycling the action.
Which can come in handy if .22 ammo is limited or tough to find on the sales shelf.

In my experience the Remington 500 series of .22 rifles are excellent shooters and well worth seeking out.
Even if they ain't all that popular any more.
Andy

Glock 17 Gen 3: 20+ years thousands of rounds, 5 states, 3 owners. I was the second owner after my friend deployed and wanted money. Later sold to another friend, but got it back as it was my first purchase as an adult. I still love this gun and it has been cleaned and well taken care of.

DDV7S: (upper only, different company lower) went 6 years with just bore snaking. Rain, snow, summer, whatever. 77 grain, 62 grain, 55 grains, reloads, mixed bags, whatever. Finally cleaned earlier this year. My 400 and in "Do-all wagon gun".

S&W M&P 340. It is BEAT up. 4th owner all friends. Ran full house magnums for a day, couple thousand+ .38's, +P's, whatever. Absolutely a GTG, reliable firearm. I have only snaked the barrel and cylinders, never opened it up.

CZ scorpion EVO 3 S1. One of the 7 times I have purchased new. Approx. 5k, 500 suppressed, 90 grain +P to 147 grain, 3 years? Only snaked the barrel, finally broke it down and cleaned it a month ago.

Glock 34 gen 5 & gen 3. About 1000 in Gen 5, 2-2.5k in Gen 3, honorable mention, still haven't gone the distance. Have both been cleaned, and well taken care of.

*SHOCKER* Ruger LCP II in .22 LR: 450ish, not a lot of expectation for this gun, but it was $100, and its so good I bought the threaded barrel kit, 6 extra mags and a Warlock II (still in jail) for it. Still impressed with it. Still haven't cleaned or snaked it, but only run jacketed stuff through it

Dan Wesson ECP in 9mm. About 900. Only snaked, never cleaned. So impressed I scored a second one.

Remlin 1895 Dark. Heavily modified with Ranger Point Precision parts. Has been well maintained. My Elk and Everything gun, about 500 through it (45-70 is expensive). My go-to urban bush barrett, just kinda expensive for me to shoot. Slogged up and down in the rain with it for elk. No dinosaurs as of yet. Or elk...

ORW-15 16" RECCE setup. 1200ish, only snaked, cleaned about a month ago because its just so nice. My favorite AR I have ever owned. Kinda bummed I waffled and just cleaned it because I like it so much, so no longevity testing for me. Proud this was one of my 7 I bought new, I'm having anither built.

Out of the will to write more.

View attachment 1330262

Put 1000 rounds though them in single shooting session without malfunction and then get back to be.
I have no doubt all of those guns in my list would go 1000 rounds in one session. I just don't have the time or money. My real issue is I can't pick which gun to bring so I always bring too many and don't put a lot of rounds through them per range session.

My only doubt would be the M69 with 1000 rounds of hot magnums. 1000 rounds of 44spl would be no problem, but 1000 rounds of 44 magnum in a frame that small????. And I don't think a person could shoot 1000 magnum loads through that gun in one day. Your hand and wrist would be messed up after a few hundred. I couldn't. 25-30 magnums in a row and my wrist starts hating me.

A glock 17 gen 3 that had over 30k rounds through it with no malfunction. Dusted two barrels in that thing and one firing pin. Not because anything failed just because maintenance. Still running same frame and lower parts kit.

My old bubblegum keymod bcm bfh rifle I've taken to probably 15 classes in the last 7 years it's got over 50k down pipe and hasn't ever failed once. Barrel was shot out around 20k rounds and replaced it with a (ever so slightly used) bfh barrel and that same barrel is still in it lol. It's on its way out

That being said it makes me really happy and very trusting of my other bcm rifles that I use as my self defense rifles because while they only have 10k max down the pipe, they are built by the same company that provided me a 50k rifle with no issues.

Also I have a gp100 6" in 357 that has probably 6k through it with never one single failure. But that's kind of expected with a bulky wheel gun and 357 isn't necessarily powerful enough to be breaking stuff

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top